• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  96
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  645
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  0

5 minutes ago, maryjayne said:

I imagine people said the same things about King David, or the Apostle Paul when he was still Saul.

yeah and I can only pray that today many will see the light as did David and Paul, but until then all I'm saying is don't praise or support them until they do. Til then you can pray or minister if you're in a position to have access to them, but don't idolize them or give them kudos for their faint praise.

1 minute ago, maryjayne said:

I dont think it is right for you to keep telling people what they should consider luxuries, or incorrect spending. You say you are not doing this, but you are. You are. All the time you are saying and judging what is and what is not correct expenditure. And at the the same time you are denying you are doing this. On multiple threads and posting.

Perhaps you could look at your way of wording things to see if your communication is going awry somewhere?

Have you got rid of your mandolin yet?

I just pose the question what would God want you to do, then I give my opinion of what I think that answer would be. It's up to each person how they answer the question and I'm not telling anyone they have to do anything other than follow their own conscience and spend their money where the Lord leads. If he leads you to spend it on earthly pleasures it's between you and God. As I said at the start, I'm just pointing out the sinful nature of the issue and then folks have to decide the merits on their own, I'm not telling anyone how to run their finances, only to ask God how he would have them handle them. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,018
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,302
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

4 hours ago, unworthyservant said:

I'll bet dollars to donuts that God didn't give them that talent to do the devils work. If they used their talent for the Lord we wouldn't even be having this discussion!

Friend, you are mistakenly lumping Christian celebrities in with secular celebrities.

There are many Christian celebrities who won't do "dirty" movies.    Also, Jim Caviezel who played Christ in Passion of the Christ has been passed up for alot of work because of his refusal to do dirty movies.   Patricia Heaton also refuses to do such movies and the Lord has blessed her with a good career in comedy.....two hit series and now a new one in September.   There are others like Tom Hanks who won't do dirty movies.   An older actor, Patrick McGoohan, wouldn't even kiss a woman in a movie or TV show.

So please don't lump Christians in with the secular actors, etc.

• Thumbs Up 2

10 minutes ago, maryjayne said:

I dont think it is right for you to keep telling people what they should consider luxuries, or incorrect spending. You say you are not doing this, but you are. You are. All the time you are saying and judging what is and what is not correct expenditure. And at the the same time you are denying you are doing this. On multiple threads and posting.

Perhaps you could look at your way of wording things to see if your communication is going awry somewhere?

Have you got rid of your mandolin yet?

The mandolin is indeed gone and I'm playing an old banjolin that, while it's got very little monetary value (most folks don't even know what it is) it's beautiful when it's played to the glory of God. The mandolin brought enough to buy 4 cheaper instruments so others can learn to praise God through music. Praise the Lord. And just BTW, I didn't start a conversation about our finances, I started a conversation about Celebrity Christians and shared my thoughts on the hypocrisy of praising God for their success in sinful endeavors, someone else turned it to finances.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

30 minutes ago, Debp said:

There are others like Tom Hanks

I love Tom Hanks.I think he dose some of the best movies. I've seen almost all of them.  Good quality stuff. :off-topic:

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

My first job was working on a farm.....about 50 of us.I can vouch that there was much sinning in that way of life.There were also some Christians working there though.Later I got into retailing......I was a clerk in a store that was an early version of Wal-Mart.I can vouch that there was a lot of sinning taking place In that type of work- yet, there were a few Christians there also.My final job before I retired was in a chemical plant- we made the phenol in your Campho-Pheniqe and made the acetone that all you lovely women use in your fingernail polish remover( you’re welcome ) and all you hardy men use in your paint removers. Once again, wouldn’t you know it—- lots of sinners in that industry, yet a few Christians too. It’s probably obvious by now.......my point is that there is sin in all lines of work  and business.Hollywood is just another business,and its workers are just that in the end.Glamorized and Overpaid workers whose opinions for some reason are way over valued , yet nevertheless they are just workers .I bet the percentages of unsaved vs. Christians in TinselTown dont vary that much from the groups I picked corn, sold spark plugs, or produced Acetone with.Those that “ enter  by the narrow gate are few” no matter what the line of work. Nothing unique about Hollywood other than the fact that the average farmer doesn’t get on the cover of People magazine to announce his faith to the world.

• Thumbs Up 3

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  839
  • Content Per Day:  0.44

this is a hard one,  there are many celebs in Hollywood who are Christians & are either blacklisted for their faith or they get beaten up,  it's hard being a Christian in Hollywood I hear,  & yes you shall know them by their fruits & by praying for them too :)

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

On 8/29/2019 at 6:09 PM, frienduff thaylorde said:

Yes .      And we need to acknowledge something .      This is not christanity .     Let none fall for it .     Most of them praise JESUS in name only but are serving another  image of a false jesus .

Lambs need to be warned to steer clear of this .    Justin beaver ,   oh yeah ,  He loves HILLSONG church .    THEY are not REAL CHRISTAINS .  they are like I once was .

OH I could claim JESUS as LORD , but I lived like the devil . WE need to ensure folks steer clear of this kind of so called christanity . THEY no more saved then I once was when I too

hollered JESUS but walked on in darkness .   WE have to able to discern between the true and the false .  And guess what we can .  YOU SHALL SURELY KNOW them by their FRUITS .

NOT their LIPS ,     their FRUITS .    

Hallelujah! I refrained from actual naming anyone by name only to address a general issue but kudos to you. I could add a long list of names to that but I think you state the point very well and God bless you for your Spiritually sound admonition.

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Wikipedia

In 1980, LeFevre attended a concert by the CCM group, 2nd Chapter of Acts. Their long hair and music showed that they weren't concerned with outward appearances, but with issues of the heart. Buck Herring, the group’s leader, led the people in prayer and LeFevre prayed along and submitted to Jesus as the Lord of his life.[3]

LeFevre quit secular rock and returned to his home church at Mt. Paran Church of God, in Atlanta—where he worked as a janitor, while attending Bible-study classes. His first challenge was to get out of his music contract which, according to the terms, could only be broken "by an act of God". LeFevre's attorney argued that being born again is an act of God and won the case. In return for release from his contract, LeFevre agreed to give up all future royalties on his songs, publishing and recordings.[3]

In 1981, he started a Christian band called The Gathering Ground Band, later to be renamed Airborn with some musicians he met in the Bible study: Dean Harrington (lead guitar, vocals, percussion), Don Woods (drums/percussion), Kim Klaudt (bass), Mike Adams (rhythm guitar) and Michael Milsap (keyboards). In 1982, the band changed their name to Broken Heart. A small offshoot gospel label from MCA Records known as Songbird released Broken Heart's first album Brand New Start (1982),[11]with members: Dean Harrington, Kenny Bentley (bass/vocals), Stan Coates (keyboards/vocals), Ben Hewitt (drums/percussion), and Mike Adams. Others musicians who helped with the first album were: Joe Hardy (bass, guitars, percussion), John Hampton (drums), Ed DeGarmo (of DeGarmo and Key; organ/synthesizer), Jack Holder (guitar/background vocals), Phil Driscoll (trumpet/fluegel horn). Later members of the band included: Tim Huffman (guitars/vocals) and Scott Allen (rhythm guitar/vocals). Other musicians who helped with other albums over the years were Kerry Livgren (of Kansas), Phil Keaggy, Ed Zimmerman, The 2nd Chapter of Acts, The group Sevenfold, and Jimi Jamison. Two more albums came out in 1983, More and Live Forever (recorded at Six Flags Over Georgia).

Over the next 10 years, the group released 10 albums and traveled over a million miles. In 1987, the group attempted to cross over to mainstream rock by rechristening itself 'Look Up!' and releasing an album with Columbia Records. The album contains a retooled updating of "Peace Begins Within" from the We Believe album and a cover of DeGarmo and Key's "Love is All You Need".[12] Over the years guitarists Scott Allen, David Payton, Trent Argante, and Skip Benicky and keyboardists Stan Coates, Paul Joseph, and Marshall Pratt were also members. Many members of Broken Heart have gone on to become solo artists, music producers, worship leaders, pastors, and teachers.

In 1987, the band received a Rock Album of the Year GMA Dove Award for Crack the Sky.[13] That same year, they received a Grammy Award for Best Gospel Performance by a Duo, Group, Choir, or Chorus.[14]

I remember Mylon Le Fver vaguely because his stuff was too soft for my tastes.  I dislike most gospel because it is too much like "worldly" country lol.  I did like Whitecross, Bloodgood, Rez Band and many other hard rock bands as well as some punk and alternative, especially One Bad Pig.  The harder the band the more evangelical they tend to be, and I have seen teens hand out the tapes like others hand out tracts, and kids were being saved through the lyrics.  Many others were led to the Lord during the sermon that was preached at the concerts.  These were kids who would never have been reached in a church, but attended regularly following their conversions.  One today is a head pastor at a large Nashville church, one is a youth pastor.   The softest Christian music I have is Phil Keaggy and Phil Driscol.   Otherwise I listen to the classical romantics.  But I had a pastor tell me my Tchaikovsky is too worldly as well and that the only classical music I could listen to was Bach.  I told him that I wouldn't stay under that kind of preaching and we left that church.  There is nothing is the Bible about music styles.  It is the lyrics that sanctify them.  

Psa 150:1  Praise the LORD! Praise God in his sanctuary; praise him in his mighty heavens!

Psa 150:2  Praise him for his mighty deeds; praise him according to his excellent greatness!

Psa 150:3  Praise him with trumpet sound; praise him with lute and harp!

Psa 150:4  Praise him with tambourine and dance; praise him with strings and pipe!

Psa 150:5  Praise him with sounding cymbals; praise him with loud clashing cymbals!

Psa 150:6  Let everything that has breath praise the LORD! Praise the LORD!

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

56 minutes ago, Willa said:

I dislike most gospel because it is too much like "worldly" country lol.

I miss the Gospel Singing Caravan