• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Hi everyone! 

I would have posted this in the advice section but it's greyed out.

So I've got a bit of a problem going on. 

I'm an online role-player on a social media site and I feel like I've hit a snag. To make it short, I've got two writing partners. One writes as an OC (original character) and another writes as a character from the series Devil May Cry (I've never personally played it so it's not really my thing). They're both 'demonic' characters in human form that don't use any sort of demonic incantations or spells when I'm writing with them since I've requested them not to. My one partner (we'll call her Mel) said that her characters don't use any and it shouldn't be a problem (other partner hasn't responded yet at this time). I want to keep writing with them because the stuff we've created is interesting (it's all mundane stuff like getting a TV to work, learning how to be safe outside (my character is a kid so all the topics are kid-friendly), things like that). This is a new feeling and I'm feeling a sort of tug that says I shouldn't, yet I feel somewhat calmer after knowing the request will be accepted. Any suggestions on what to do at all?  Cause I'm stuck. 

Edited by tinymiracle

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

9 hours ago, tinymiracle said:

Hi everyone! 

I'm an online role-player on a social media site and I feel like I've hit a snag. To make it short, I've got two writing partners. One writes as an OC (original character) and another writes as a character from the series Devil May Cry (I've never personally played it so it's not really my thing). They're both 'demonic' characters in human form that don't use any sort of demonic incantations or spells when I'm writing with them since I've requested them not to. My one partner (we'll call her Mel) said that her characters don't use any and it shouldn't be a problem (other partner hasn't responded yet at this time). I want to keep writing with them because the stuff we've created is interesting (it's all mundane stuff like getting a TV to work, learning how to be safe outside (my character is a kid so all the topics are kid-friendly), things like that). This is a new feeling and I'm feeling a sort of tug that says I shouldn't, yet I feel somewhat calmer after knowing the request will be accepted. Any suggestions on what to do at all?  Cause I'm stuck. 

If the request has been accepted then i cannot see any continuing problem?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,398
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

This is how things creep in. People compromise and partially accept something that doesn't seem bad. Then over time more and more creeps in.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

15 hours ago, tinymiracle said:

I'm an online role-player on a social media site and I feel like I've hit a bit of a snag.

Hi @tinymiracle

You've hit far more than a bit of a snag. If these other players you've requested not to make incantations while outwardly playing these games with you, they no doubt are doing it behind your back. And now you're bound up spiritually whether you can sense this or not. That's how these games entrap people who play them. Plain and simple. I should know, Dungeons & Dragons were some of the headliners of this sort of thing, and I used to play it. Get out while you can. God bless and help you get the freedom you need. 

Shalom, 

David/BeauJangles

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

16 hours ago, tinymiracle said:

Hi everyone! 

Perhaps the tug is from God to stop, or perhaps it's from God to keep on going while reforming--adding the gospel and Christian truth to your work...

• Thumbs Up 1

• 10 months later...

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

On 8/29/2019 at 10:26 PM, tinymiracle said:

One writes as an OC (original character) and another writes as a character from the series Devil May Cry

I have player devil may cry that is a wicked game. Pun intended but i mean it in a good way too. There is nothing wrong with video games, as long as the game doesnt affect your mentality and ruin your life.