• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.59
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

44 minutes ago, maryjayne said:

I hope you will remember enough of it to re-type it.

Maybe--my head hurts.

LOL

My head hurts from trying to read through the entire thread.

Short version: I lost a bunch of typing. I assume the Lord wanted me use Scottish brevity.

LOL

I think that we humans think too much and wrest too much from scriptures to bolster our ‘doctrine of the day’.

There are good points made by well meaning individuals throughout this thread on the various sides of this. I think that the arguments should be relegated to those areas of less importance. The less important file is huge and the more important small in comparison. I mean that literally. The important things can be rendered down to just a few. Those things important and related to our experience of the Lord and Fellowship.

Far more often than not, the huge file gets in the way of the small one.

These are my opinions.

As far as the ‘fulness’ of this and that. IMO—those things are simple, but can be made complicated very easily, just as is most anything in scripture and that Man touches in general. We tend to have ‘busy minds’ and are not content to leave the wonderful simplicity of Life alone. IMO.

22 And He aput all things in subjection under His feet, and gave Him as bhead over all things to the church, 23 which is His abody, the bfullness of Him who cfills dall in all.

I think the Church has two aspects. One from God’s perspective and another from our perspective.

The above line from Ephesians is God’s perspective. Notice the present tense. The church IS His body, the fullness of Him who fills all and all. Read that a few times. The Church IS now the completeness. It can't get anymore complete than the completeness of Him Who fills all and all.

'Our' perspective is the walking out of ‘Christ in us” where each member of the church throughout the age is contributing to the whole as each of us is ‘changed from one degree’ conforming to that bit of Christ as the Lord wills and has predestined in each member.

Each member—no matter how lowly in men’s eyes—but wonderfully majestic in God’s eyes. Why? Because this is a matter of Life. Life is Life. Man looks with eyes of how much of this or that. God cares only of the Source.

He took care of that ‘In Christ’ who is the Church—the fullness. We—each member contributing—is growing up into that which already is.

God is tricky like that. He can do things like make a thing before it happens. Done in one realm while the other realm catches up.

I am having a bit of fun with this—that is obvious. But we can see the truth of it.

As far as dispensations and covenants and arguments of the same. That goes in the huge file.

Grace, Mercy, Love and the Life that we have been given which encompasses those three ‘small file’ items.

We can have ever busy minds that crank along on this and that or a quiet mind that allows the Spirit space to breathe and teach.

And yes—there is a difference.

Mental seeking and study and understanding have their place, but just as sex—a natural thing, can take up far too much space beyond its intent, so can the active mind when touching the things of God.

A tell tale sign that a pet doctrine of the season has grown grotesquely, is when it effaces or occludes the Love, Grace and Mercy that are the fruits of the Life we share….many members and one Body.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,488
  • Content Per Day:  1.42
  • Days Won:  0

10 minutes ago, Alive said:

My head hurts from trying to read through the entire thread.

Short version: I lost a bunch of typing. I assume the Lord wanted me use Scottish brevity.

Oh My, You read the entire thread. I Just wanted you to read the OP (Original Post) no wonder your head hurts. I Have Stated What the LORD has given me to write, I Guess you see it as a "pet doctrine" grown "Grotesque" Then....???

Thanks for the Input.  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers

4 minutes ago, dhchristian said:

Oh My, You read the entire thread. I Just wanted you to read the OP (Original Post) no wonder your head hurts. I Have Stated What the LORD has given me to write, I Guess you see it as a "pet doctrine" grown "Grotesque" Then....???

Thanks for the Input.  

Not exactly, dh. My intention was to convey how our pet doctrines can and do often tend to be grossly over emphasized.

I don't know you well enough to make that assertion. Its kind of a 'if the shoe fits wear it' thing.

Just now, Alive said:

Not exactly, dh. My intention was to convey how our pet doctrines can and do often tend to be grossly over emphasized.

I don't know you well enough to make that assertion. Its kind of a 'if the shoe fits wear it' thing.

It is easy to just wipe away Truth by calling it a pet doctrine, Instead of testing the Spirit to see if what is said is from God. I am just a messenger, a nobody, The One who sent the messenger is who you are responding to. He has no "pet doctrines", for He is the Truth personified. 

Jesus Is the LORD.

God Bless.

5 minutes ago, dhchristian said:

It is easy to just wipe away Truth by calling it a pet doctrine, Instead of testing the Spirit to see if what is said is from God. I am just a messenger, a nobody, The One who sent the messenger is who you are responding to. He has no "pet doctrines", for He is the Truth personified. 

Jesus Is the LORD.

God Bless.

I certainly hope I'm not guilty of that.

Let's move on a bit. What are your thoughts on the gist of my little notion of that verse of Ephesians and the two perspectives of the 'Church'?

Just now, maryjayne said:

Not if it is the wrong message, or the messanger has garbled the original message.

The one sending the message only own the accurate message he sent.

An incorrect or perverted message is nothing to do with the original sender.

This post is not aimed at anyone in particular, and is just stating a fact.

Challenging human inaccuracies does NOT equal challenging God.

By All means, correct me if I am wrong. The message here is Clear, The fulness of the gentiles is tied  to the restoration of Israel, (Romans 11:25) This Quality allows us to Love even our enemies. Something many are failing to do, Because of apostate teachings such as replacement theology, and conversely Hebrew roots heresies trying to bind the church under the Torah. Human Pride is what prevents the Unity of the Spirit.... A hardened heart Is what we see on this site all the time....  

25 minutes ago, Alive said:

I certainly hope I'm not guilty of that.

Let's move on a bit. What are your thoughts on the gist of my little notion of that verse of Ephesians and the two perspectives of the 'Church'?

I Agree Largely with you. We must come into His fulness. The seven Spirits of God were purposely kept apart amongst the seven church ages, and now in the final phase must come together in the unity of the Spirit, And then the Body will be complete. That Includes this Laodicean age and I consider myself a Laodicean. 

Re- read my post.

Which Post?

Just now, dhchristian said:

Which Post?

The one you quoted!

Sorry, I thought you were referring to the one on the Law...

Yes, the messenger is flawed, I am not gifted with good communication skills, and theological knowledge to impress, What I am gifted with is that I am stubborn Donkey, And will not compromise on the truth of what he has given me.... in fact, sometimes I do not even understand what I am writing well enough to defend myself. I Fully sympathize with Paul in the following Verse...And I, brethren, when I came to you, came not with excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto you the testimony of God. (1 Cor. 2:1).

3 minutes ago, dhchristian said:

Sorry, I thought you were referring to the one on the Law...

Yes, the messenger is flawed, I am not gifted with good communication skills, and theological knowledge to impress, What I am gifted with is that I am stubborn Donkey, And will not compromise on the truth of what he has given me.... in fact, sometimes I do not even understand what I am writing well enough to defend myself. I Fully sympathize with Paul in the following Verse...And I, brethren, when I came to you, came not with excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto you the testimony of God. (1 Cor. 2:1).

Consider this, dh. One day maybe years from now when you realize that you were mistaken about something you thought the Lord taught you.