• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  212
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

8 hours ago, Justin Adams said:

Yes this is pathetic. Even Spurgeon got this wrong and many theologians down thru the ages that show a positive hatred of Israel.

If you look at a good translation of Psalm 82 and, Deut 32 (the scattering) you will also find many scriptures that promise a return and regathering of the nations and the new Israel as the apostle says includes Israel (regathering of the ten) and the regathering of the nations scattered at Babel due to their sins. This is why Pentecost is so important and shows God's methods are not always ours or plainkly observable. It is a HAPPENING thing today...

All Israel will be saved - non Israelis and Israelis alike because all believers are 'the seed of Abraham'.

What is pathetic is to think that Israel was an end in itself. God is not a respecter of persons. He is completely impartial in all that He does, so the main reason why God chose Israel was to undo the sin of Adam through one of their own, which happened to be the Lord of glory (Genl 3:15). This He did in order to bless the world through the preaching of the gospel of salvation. 

Genesis 12:3 (NASB95)

"And I will bless those who bless you, and the one who curses you I will curse. And in you all the families of the earth will be blessed.

Israel was a covenant nation that was moving forward to the fulfilment of God promises through Jesus Christ. If you took the Lord out of the picture, you wind up with a sinful nation that constantly broke God's covenant and who wanted nothing but to be like the rest of the nations. 

God worked with a remnant from the beginning to accomplish His eternal goal. So, only those who believed in Christ inherited the promises. The rest of the nation rejected their deliverer and Lord, crucified Him through the Romans and said a final NO to God. 

What did God do? He judged them and removed the nation from His sight forever, 

Luke 21:20–24 (NASB95)

20 But when you see Jerusalem surrounded by armies, then recognize that her desolation is near.

21“Then those who are in Judea must flee to the mountains, and those who are in the midst of the city must leave, and those who are in the country must not enter the city;

22 Because these are days of vengeance, so that all things which are written will be fulfilled.

23 “Woe to those who are pregnant and to those who are nursing babies in those days; for there will be great distress upon the land and wrath to this people;

24 and they will fall by the edge of the sword, and will be led captive into all the nations; and Jerusalem will be trampled under foot by the Gentiles until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled." (Until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled: Referring to the period following Rome’s destruction and re-subjugation of Jerusalem.)

Matthew 23:34–38 (NASB95)

34“Therefore, behold, I am sending you prophets and wise men and scribes; some of them you will kill and crucify, and some of them you will scourge in your synagogues, and persecute from city to city,

35 so that upon you may fall the guilt of all the righteous blood shed on earth, from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zechariah, the son of Berechiah, whom you murdered between the temple and the altar.

36“Truly I say to you, all these things will come upon this generation.

37Jerusalem, Jerusalem, who kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to her! How often I wanted to gather your children together, the way a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, and you were unwilling.

38Behold, your house is being left to you desolate!"

Paul picked by the Spirit that the judgment was around the corner, 

1 Thessalonians 2:14–16 (NASB95)

14 "For you, brethren, became imitators of the churches of God in Christ Jesus that are in Judea, for you also endured the same sufferings at the hands of your own countrymen, even as they did from the Jews,

15 who both killed the Lord Jesus and the prophets, and drove us out. They are not pleasing to God, but hostile to all men,

16 hindering us from speaking to the Gentiles so that they may be saved; with the result that they always fill up the measure of their sins. But wrath has come upon them to the utmost."

Edited by Gentle-Warrior

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.95
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

8 minutes ago, iamlamad said:

I wish I had one of those rolling on the floor emojis!

You mean this? = :24:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  212
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

43 minutes ago, iamlamad said:

Yes, this is one truth of the word of God. But to tell you the truth, it is just one more proof of what you are arguing against: dispensations - or times of different ordering of things. Notice "he nullified in his flesh the law of commandments..." When Christ came, it was a new order of things: it was for the first time ever:  "God with us - Immanuel!"

You pointed out great scriptures.  Good post.

Thanks, but I would like to add one more thing. The law of commandments was part of the old covenant. God did this in order to establish the everlasting covenant that began in Christ and which will never end. 

Dispensations have nothing to do with anything. It's nothing by man made. 

God bless, 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  2,074
  • Content Per Day:  1.13

9 hours ago, Gentle-Warrior said:

God KEPT His promise to Israel: Jesus Christ was and will always be the PROMISE. PERIOD

Who said anything different. Nothing here but you blowing a smoke screen. Tossing out some truth, and pretending that I am in disagreement. Standard MO.

The election of the Jews as God’s people was designed to reverse the impact of Adam’s sin,

Can you provide the verse that you are taking out of context to prove this?

and most Jews believed that the law’s role was to restrain the sin that Adam introduced into the world. By contrast, Paul maintains that God’s intention in giving the law was to increase sin, and to increase it particularly in Israel.

Any verses to support this malarkey?

The piling up of sin in Israel via the law does not indicate malevolence in God toward his people. It shows that the problem introduced into the world through Adam is not remedied through the law. These verses anticipate Rom. 9–11. Sin reached its climax in Israel so that God’s grace would be discerned more clearly in his mercy both to Gentiles and to Israel. The end of the story, therefore, is not the triumph of sin. The story ends with the victory accomplished by grace, a grace that fulfills God’s righteousness and promises through the last Adam, Jesus the Messiah.

The usual, mix a little truth amid the gibberish and hope it all flies.

If you think God made a promise outside of Jesus Christ to Israel, you are waiting in vain.

Back to the standard MO. Throw some truth out and act like I'm against it. 

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,272
  • Content Per Day:  2.10
  • Days Won:  4

6 hours ago, Gentle-Warrior said:

Thanks, but I would like to add one more thing. The law of commandments was part of the old covenant. God did this in order to establish the everlasting covenant that began in Christ and which will never end. 

Dispensations have nothing to do with anything. It's nothing by man made. 

God bless, 

It's just a word describing God changing the order of things. It happened with the Law. It happened when Christ came.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,272
  • Content Per Day:  2.10
  • Days Won:  4

6 hours ago, Sonshine☀️ said:

Or this?

2BA13038-E0F6-42F1-B0A6-8460129E3058.gif.6435415c699e14e9d7ac7fb521dfea24.gif

No, I remember one that rolled perhaps three  360's. I can't find it now.  But this one will suffice!

image.png

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,602
  • Content Per Day:  4.02
  • Days Won:  21

13 hours ago, Gentle-Warrior said:

What is pathetic is to think that Israel was an end in itself. God is not a respecter of persons. He is completely impartial in all that He does, so the main reason why God chose Israel was to undo the sin of Adam through one of their own, which happened to be the Lord of glory (Genl 3:15). This He did in order to bless the world through the preaching of the gospel of salvation. 

A tilted and incomplete view I am afraid. You quote many words that do not amount to much.

13 hours ago, Gentle-Warrior said:

What did God do? He judged them and removed the nation from His sight forever, 

Wrong!

23 hours ago, Gentle-Warrior said:

was to undo the sin of Adam

Incomplete. Please study Psalm 82, Deut 32, Isiah 16, Jeremiah 1, Daniel and a bunch of others. You will not understand the New Testament apart from the Tanach which was their study Bible. You have to see the two related to get even a hint of what most of the later scriptures are talking about. Just quoting stuff gets us nowhere. Yeshua came for a least THREE primary reasons. Only ONE of which was to bring salvation to the believers of all nations. 'All Israel will be saved' said the apostle. Non Israelis and Israelis alike are called 'The seed of Abraham'.

Israel is NOT done away with as the many writers and theologians down thru the ages would want us to believe. Antisemitism at its most benign.

Edited by Justin Adams
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,488
  • Content Per Day:  1.44

11 hours ago, iamlamad said:

No, I remember one that rolled perhaps three  360's. I can't find it now.  But this one will suffice!

:rofl: