• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.32
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

4 minutes ago, Abby-Joy said:
You are correct in that the sufferer of PTSD is like every other human born into the world... they have need of repentance.  And yes, that is a first step in then being able to bring one's pain from someone else's sins against them to the Lord.  I will give you that.  But PTSD is in no way the fault of the victim, nor brought on by their own sin. 

No, PTSD is not the fault of the victim. I believe Jesus can heal PTSD sufferers.

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology

31 minutes ago, maryjayne said:

We have all said, on this thread, that Jesus can heal PTSD sufferers. However, at this time, He has chosen not to heal, for His own good reasons.

Which does not address your comments that all we need to do is repent and we will be fine. And strongly implying that a) we have sinned and b) we have not truly repented.

I don't remember saying "all we need to do is repent and we will be fine." I think we all suffer if we sin. Repenting of our sin makes it easier to deal with our problems, I believe.

6 minutes ago, maryjayne said:

and how does this have anything to do with the topic or, indeed, with PTSD?

How is it helpful, given the responses on here from those who ACTUALLY deal with it?

If someone was dealing with PTSD and asked my advice how to deal with it, I would tell them to pray. When I was hurting, the Lord led me to repentance. I think it likely that would be one of the steps in dealing with PTSD.

11 minutes ago, Abby-Joy said:
Would you mind detailing what you mean by "hurting"?  What happened that caused you pain?  And then how did repentance heal that particular pain? 

It was a long time ago. I don't remember the specifics. I wasn't happy. The Lord led me to repent of sins I was committing. It transformed my life.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, maryjayne said:

repenting from what? what has the PTSD survivors got to repent about?

Maybe you were hurting due to a sin which needed repentance, I dont know. The Lord led you that way. But that is only true of unrepented personal sin in your case, and not to do with the consequences of the sin of others, as in the case of PTSD and the like. Perhaps you hadnt realised that it can be different , depending on the cause of the hurt?

I think most of us have something to repent of.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,181
  • Content Per Day:  1.22

I know that for me the old broken record of  past trauma that would pop up randomly without any given notice for and years , bringing  me each time into great depths of distress, anger and depression , stopped playing when I began to understand/comprehend how to forgive and let go of my resentments. through Christ Jesus, I stopped living in the past (through old record reviving past resentments and began to learn how to forgive,others, as well myself.)  Now the old record has stopped playing ( a real healing miracle from God), however my peace is contingent on my relationship with God on a daily basis as new tests of faith are given to us on a daily basis. How we deal with them test of faith is proof of what we have come to learn and understand through and with Him working in us

For me I have learnt through Christ and His Word the value and healing there is in being able to forgive and let go of resentments.  (forgive them for they no not what they do.)     We are all sinners redeemed by His Grace through Gods Loving plan of Mercy and Grace if we only call on His Name and begin a daily relationship with Him.

I am a witness of this in my own personal life: Forgiveness and letting go of resentments of any kind, in Christ, can heal diseases and sicknesses of mind, body and soul. PSTD can be healed through Christ Jesus. He will bring us the tools to cope and find healing.  Let go and Let God. Amen! Amen! Amen!

Edited by 1to3

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.40
  • Days Won:  16

2 hours ago, johnthebaptist said:

I haven't had to deal with PTSD.  

that would be a real good place to just....stop.

• Haha 1
  • Praise God! 1

4 minutes ago, maryjayne said:

with respect, you are confusing repentance of our sins with the consequences of the sins of other to us. Repenting of our own sins should be done, of course. However, that will not affect the sins of others done to us. Thats a whole different area of prayer.

In the long run, I believe it is more painful to commit a sin than to have a sin committed against you.

• Oy Vey! 1

3 minutes ago, Jostler said:

that would be a real good place to just....stop.

The OP wanted help. I think repentance is a tool that can help in any situation.

1 minute ago, Abby-Joy said:
Of course, it will.  But try not to assume that just because someone is suffering that they have not repented of their own sins.  You would do better mention the issue of salvation, repentance of sin (in case she hasn't) .... then offer to pray for her regarding the legitimate pain of trauma that was a result of sins committed against her.  Obviously, she is seeking the Lord in this matter. 

The OP was seeking help. My advice is: Pray. If the OP wanted to know more, I'd point out that I was once hurting, and the Lord led me to repent of my sin. When I did, my life was transformed.