Sign in to follow this  
Yeshua153

The origins of pagan easter

3 hours ago, LadyKay said:

Well let me see. So far on Worthy I have gotten into arguments over Halloween, Christmas, Santa Claus, Christmas Trees,  and I think Thanksgiving although that might have been a joke. 

So do I really want to get into an argument about Easter? :39:

I think I will just sit this one out this time and let some one else have all the fun. :)

Halloween is of satan so no need to try and fit in with that one .   Santa clause is a lie , AND thou shalt not lie , SO let not teach that .      THANKSGIVING I do love , OH PRIASE the LORD and let all THANK HIM on that day .   Christmaas if you stip all that is unholy and pagan out of it , IS FINE as well .   ,   Easter if you strip the pagan out of it

and celebrate it as resurrection day , is fine .    BUT HALLOWEEN cannot be made christain ,   THAT is the DEVILS ALL ALONE .   

Time to stand for the truth or we shall fall for anything .

Just to be clear, we are justified upon our acceptance of Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior. We won't have to "justify" anything to GOD.

Just now, Wayne222 said:

Easter is ok if it is to celebrate Jesus resurrection.  Why not ? 

Did you really write that, after all the evidence? Resurrection is female gender (bride, church), & refers to our coming to life, after dying to this flesh, daily. As 2Tim 2v18 "have strayed concerning the truth, saying that the resurrection is past & they overthrow the faith of some."

Yeshua's own words in Lk 9v23 "If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, & take up his cross daily & follow Me."

Your why not? answer, seems to imply, it's ok, as long as we mention Jesus!

2 minutes ago, Yeshua153 said:

Did you really write that, after all the evidence? Resurrection is female gender (bride, church), & refers to our coming to life, after dying to this flesh, daily. As 2Tim 2v18 "have strayed concerning the truth, saying that the resurrection is past & they overthrow the faith of some."

Yeshua's own words in Lk 9v23 "If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, & take up his cross daily & follow Me."

I think he means if we CELEBRATE the RESSURECTION and not all the pagan that goes along with it .

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Rick_Parker said:

Just to be clear, we are justified upon our acceptance of Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior. We won't have to "justify" anything to GOD.

Just to be clear, God chooses His elect, Jn 15v16, we cannot accept or deny Christ, we are either sheep or goats, we cannot change from one to another, that is false gospel teaching.

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Halloween is of satan so no need to try and fit in with that one .   Santa clause is a lie , AND thou shalt not lie , SO let not teach that .      THANKSGIVING I do love , OH PRIASE the LORD and let all THANK HIM on that day .   Christmaas if you stip all that is unholy and pagan out of it , IS FINE as well .   ,   Easter if you strip the pagan out of it

and celebrate it as resurrection day , is fine .    BUT HALLOWEEN cannot be made christain ,   THAT is the DEVILS ALL ALONE .   

Time to stand for the truth or we shall fall for anything .

Well now. Stating that I am siting this argument out due to all the other holiday arguments along with Santa Clause that I have gotten into on Worthy, has gotten me pulled into it.  To that I have this to say.

SANTA CLAUSE IS NOT A LIE. HE IS REAL! AND HE HAS REINDEER AND LIVES AT THE NORTH POLL AND BRINGS ME TOYS !  :soapbox: 

Edited by LadyKay
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Yeshua153 said:

How about this. You don't want to partake in Easter. Then don't.  

12 minutes ago, Yeshua153 said:

Just to be clear, God chooses His elect, Jn 15v16, we cannot accept or deny Christ, we are either sheep or goats, we cannot change from one to another, that is false gospel teaching.

I don’t know what Bible you are reading, but if you believe that you need to read it again.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, LadyKay said:

Well now. Stating that I am siting this argument out due to all the other holiday arguments along with Santa Clause that I have gotten into on Worthy, has gotten me pulled into it.  To that I have this to say.

SANTA CLAUSE IS NOT A LIE. HE IS REAL! AND HE HAS REINDEER AND LIVES AT THE NORTH POLL AND BRINGS ME TOYS !  :soapbox: 

It's ok to be cynical, but your wanting a rise from me, won't happen, but I can laugh with you, & your friend on the box.

Just now, Rick_Parker said:

I don’t know what Bible you are reading, but if you believe that you need to read it again.

If Yeshua said it in Jn 15v16, that is good enough for  me!

Sign in to follow this