Sign in to follow this  
Yeshua153

The origins of pagan easter

15 minutes ago, Yeshua153 said:

Just to be clear, God chooses His elect, Jn 15v16, we cannot accept or deny Christ, we are either sheep or goats, we cannot change from one to another, that is false gospel teaching.

Hold hold hold on here now. Just wait a moment. Now I was not going to get into this holiday debate but I can't sit here and let what you just said go by without a word.  But before I start, I just want to be clear on what you are saying. Are you saying that God only selects a few people to be saved? The rest are well just too bad out of luck? That we have no say in it what so ever? Is that what you are saying. :blink:

• This is Worthy 1

Stick with what JESUS said about the ONLY CONDEMNATION .       And that is that men wont come to the light .    

Thus stay centered in mind and heart on  PREACHING the ONLY JESUS WHO CAN SAVE .

And whoever rejects that is on them and whoever receives it ,  AMEN and PRAISE THE LORD . 

All we need to KNOW is that ONLY JESUS SAVES , now get up and proclaim the gospel .    ANd do all to correct any who err and warn the same as did the early church .

• Praise God! 1

I stay away from the Easter bunny which is worldly and I celebrate the resurrection of Jesus Christ. That is not pagan.

• This is Worthy 3
  • Praise God! 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

I stay away from the Easter bunny which is worldly and I celebrate the resurrection of Jesus Christ. That is not pagan.

Giant Easter Bunnies freak me out!  They are the creepiest things ever!  :ph34r:

Edited by LadyKay
  • Haha 2

Just now, LadyKay said:

Giant Easter Bunnies freak me out!  They are the creepiest things ever!  :ph34r:

So you have a fear of large Easter Bunnies. I had a fear of Santa Clause but that was when I was about 3 years old. 

15 minutes ago, GandalfTheWise said:

OSAS, predestination, reprobation, and pagan festivals all in one thread.

deer.gif

Just like Wal Mart. Get your groceries, your oil changed, and an eye exam all in one store. :hurrah:

• This is Worthy 1
  • Haha 2

I was waiting til after Christmas to get to this subject but now that someone has brought it up, I'm going to bet that everyone already knows my opinion, but here goes again anyway. While I'm all about celebrating the Resurrection of Christ, I have a big problem with the 18 Billion dollars spent each year on new clothes to wear to church (has anyone noticed that in the Old Testament when a person was going to God to repent it's often in sackcloth and ashes not a brand new suit or dress), Easter Bunnies, candy and big feasts for themselves. I always say there's nothing wrong with a good meal just as long as you are also seeing that every poor person around can share in it. One thing I do know (by way of simple math) is that 18 Billion dollars could feed and clothe and house a bunch of poor people. (And BTW, yes, many of the traditions, just as with Christmas, have origins in Pagan practices or were developed to try and interest a pagan audience). Thanks and God Bless

• Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, unworthyservant said:

I have a big problem with the 18 Billion dollars spent each year on new clothes to wear to church

Well I don't spend that much on clothes!:blink: 

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

Well I don't spend that much on clothes!:blink: 

Didn't mean to say you or anyone else did. But the $18 Billion number was the total spent by Americans last Easter and I don't think it deserving of a smart quip when millions upon millions are starving while you spend whatever your part of that total on whatever you spend it on unless it's for doing Gods will to honor the Resurrection of His Son who was sacrificed for you and me. And if you think it's something to laugh off with a smart quip, take a trip to your local homeless shelter or soup kitchen one day and then tell me what you think.

Sign in to follow this