Sign in to follow this  
Yeshua153

The origins of pagan easter

6 minutes ago, maryjayne said:

You keep saying you cast no judgement. Several now have asked you to stop judgeing. Maybe wise for you to think about that.

People are protesting your words not because you strike a chord, but because you are judging.

I'm not worried what people are protesting. I only care what God (who is the only one who really knows what's in any one of our hearts) knows (he doesn't have opinion, He knows). I feel that when people protest, it must mean that the words God has given me have struck a chord and sometimes there's pain involved with growth so I'll just "Keep on the Firing Line" until God leads me to another battle and possibly a new strategy for that particular battle.

11 minutes ago, unworthyservant said:

1 minute ago, LadyKay said:

@GandalfTheWise  I think we are going to need some more pop corn. 

Logically, if we stopped buying new stuff, the would be nothing to donate to charities.

2 minutes ago, unworthyservant said:

I'm not worried what people are protesting. I only care what God (who is the only one who really knows what's in any one of our hearts) knows (he doesn't have opinion, He knows). I feel that when people protest, it must mean that the words God has given me have struck a chord and sometimes there's pain involved with growth so I'll just "Keep on the Firing Line" until God leads me to another battle and possibly a new strategy for that particular battle.

You should care about unfairly judging your fellow Christians, causing hurt to them and continuing with it even when several have pointed out your behaviour.

• Loved it! 1

24 minutes ago, maryjayne said:

Would that have anything to do with the change in season and people needing new clothes then, especially growing children?

I used to work at a food bank. People buying new clothes was bonanza time for the poor, who got their old ones for free.

It certainly does on some level. For purposes of this discussion for me, it's more about the excesses that we spend on to celebrate Christ's resurrection by buying "stuff" (new clothes was just one example) for ourselves instead of celebrating by doing what He taught and giving that 18 Billion dollars to the poor. I can find nowhere where Christ ever told us anything to do with our money other than help the poor and less fortunate so that's what I believe. If you know of another thing that He taught on the subject I'm more than happy to look into it but til then, I can only go with what God reveals to me.

And breathe.......

On topic again:

Satan has always used certain important dates in our sacred life and hijacked them to turn the attention from Jesus. Its nothing new.

• Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, unworthyservant said:

I am a person of reason. At less I try to be. So I will try to reason. What you said would make sense of you were talking to people who spent all their money on themselves. But I do not think anyone here is doing that. As it says, there is a time and place for everything.  Had this been a thread  by someone on how spent all of their money buying themselves a new this or a new that, then yeah. You could very well pop in there and say "maybe you should consider the poor."   But that is not the case here. There for it is out of line and seen as judging. In fact this whole topic is seen as judging. 

• Thumbs Up 2

16 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

I would have just let this all go if you had not accuse me of making fun of  homeless. And you did judge. You judged everyone who buys a new dress for Easter Sunday of not using their money as you think they should.  

I can say in all honesty that I am not spending 18 billion dollars a year on cloths. Truth be known I mostly shop at Goodwill. Sometimes I might be seen in a Wal Mart. 

I didn't accuse you of making fun of the homeless and if that's what you took from my reply, please accept my apologies and I'll try and clarify what I said. I was pointing out that I DON"T find the topic humorous and didn't appreciate the snide remark that made it sound as if you did. I know you don't spend 18 Billion dollars a year on clothes (else I would probably have just kept my remarks private in a message) but again I feel that you are making light of a very serious subject and one that Christ Himself brought up on many occasions, so with that said, I'll keep on doing by best to follow where He leads me with the full knowledge that it wasn't popular in Christ's day, it wasn't popular in Paul's day, it wasn't popular in Martin Luther's day, it wasn't popular yesterday and I have no illusions that it's (and by proxy, I'm) going to be popular today. The search for the truth in God's words and the Teachings of Christ is no popularity contest and if it were I wouldn't even be in the running. 

42 minutes ago, maryjayne said:

You should care about unfairly judging your fellow Christians, causing hurt to them and continuing with it even when several have pointed out your behaviour.

ONE MORE TIME, I JUDGE NO ONE! If I did it would always be unfair because I have no right to judge anyone. Judgement is reserved for God! And I know that people have pointed out my behavior as I've spent most of my day defending my Faith against the unpopularity of my beliefs. I can only point out what Christ had to say on any given subject so that if there's any question about anything that I say anyone can research it in the Scriptures and decide for themselves if there's any validity to my discourse. I always try and mention that fact so as to proactively guard against the idea that I judge anyone personally (and in most cases I refrain from calling out anyone personally(Except where a certain person's behavior is already public knowledge) Again, I'll simply say that I speak only what God has laid on my heart and if anyone can show me any incidence where Christ said anything different about where our money should go than what I've articulated, then please let me know so I can reread and seek God's guidance anew on the subject. Till then I'll go with what I know of what Christ said and where God leads me on the subject.

52 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

I am a person of reason. At less I try to be. So I will try to reason. What you said would make sense of you were talking to people who spent all their money on themselves. But I do not think anyone here is doing that. As it says, there is a time and place for everything.  Had this been a thread  by someone on how spent all of their money buying themselves a new this or a new that, then yeah. You could very well pop in there and say "maybe you should consider the poor."   But that is not the case here. There for it is out of line and seen as judging. In fact this whole topic is seen as judging. 

Thank you for being a voice of reason and I do know that when I speak on topics that might not apply to certain people how they could see it as judgemental but everyone, please understand that if at any time I discuss Christ's teachings and the particular topic is not something that you are a participant in, then please don't think that my words (that I rely on Faith that God gives me) are meant for you, much less meant to be judgemental of anyone. Sometimes I think some folks take things more personal when they are a part of the problem but at the same time, I don't judge who here is or is not a part of the problem, I only state what I see as the problem with the way we celebrate both Christmas and Easter with over the top spending on things for ourselves instead of what Christ taught, with the hope that someone who is listening might be participating in it and might be enlightened when they realize the enormity of it. That's all. No judgement, no ill will toward anyone, nothing personal unless it's between a person and God and no illusions that it will be popular, just a desire to share the things that God has laid upon my heart with the hopes that among the clatter someone will get something from them.

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Yeshua153 said:

So if any of you want to carry on these festivals of xmas, easter, halloween etc, then you will have to justify them to God.

Considering Halloween, I can appreciate how many churches have taken children off the streets of mischief, and this unholy day into the church to have some good clean fun. The emphasis is placed on Jesus for their needed focus.  This is one way to turn around a satanic holiday, and it's a good thing. 

Edited by BeauJangles
  • Thumbs Up 3

Sign in to follow this