Sign in to follow this  
Yeshua153

The origins of pagan easter

Let me start by saying the translators of the KJV (king james version) had their own agendas & doctrines, highlighted by their translating of Passover, which is Pascha in greek, which they translated correctly in all but one scriptures, there they pushed their belief in Acts 12v4, to translate Pascha to easter! The later NKJV amended it to Passover. 

In Ez8v14 it says women were weeping for Tammuz, who married Ishtar, in the pagan mythical gods stories. Depending what society they were from, they would call their fertility gods similar names, like ostara, estera, ostern, & ashtarte. While the hebrews had ashtoreth, the female ddeities, like, venus, aphrodite, isis, mylitta & the female mediatrix 'queen of heaven' active amongst the roman catholics, who put the virgin Mary in that position. Anyway the women wept 40 days, & where we now get Lent.

In Ez 8v16 we see 25 men with their backs toward the temple of the Lord, & their faces toward the east, worshipping their sun gods (males), moon & tree gods-women. (sunrise service)

It all goes back to Gen 11, & the deification of semiramis, the mother of Nimrod. The male deities were the mythological incarnation of Nimrod as  the virgin- born sons tammuz, mithra (whose birthday was Dec25), hercules, baal, attis, thor, osiris etc. These deities were said to die in the winter, & resurrect every spring. The celebration of the spring equinox (equal night & day), came at the same time as the hebrew Passover. This was not the resurrection of Yeshua (Jesus), but of their male sun gods who had brought nature & their crops back to them, which they feared they had lost through the dead of Winter.

Famine was one of their greatest fears, they lit bonfires, & partied all Winter. The festivals were sacrifices to their gods. The last of these was called 'fat Tuesday', or shrove Tuesday.(or in French Mardi Gras). Their sun god would die on the last day, & then their 40day mourning began (lent), & worshippers would fast 40 days, & after 40 days, the day of annunciation, March 25th, ha woukl rise from the dead as the fertility god of vegetation, as counterfeit to the Jewish Passover, & Yeshua as the Passover lamb.

We cannot get away from easter's links to xmas. As in Jer 10 v2-4 "Thus says the Lord.....v3 For the customs of the peoples are futile; for one cuts a tree from the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the ax. v4 They decorate it with silver & gold; they fasten it with nails & hammers so that it will not topple. They are upright, like a palm tree..."    

Lev 18v30 " Therefore you shall keep My ordinance, so that you do not commit any of these abominable customs before you, & that you do not defile yourselves by them: I am the Lord your God."    

So if any of you want to carry on these festivals of xmas, easter, halloween etc, then you will have to justify them to God.

• Thumbs Up 3

The days of the week, months and many folk superstitions are all pagan.

Easter has more to do with european pagan gods than the middle east.

What is important is that Jesus taught us we have to worship God in Spirit and in truth.

If we are doing that then the only problem we have are the suposedly super sensitive Christians who 'feel' their sainthood is threatened by the freedom other Christians have to worship God.

The bottom line is it does not matter.

• Thumbs Up 1

18 minutes ago, Who me said:

What is important is that Jesus taught us we have to worship God in Spirit and in truth.

If we are doing that then the only problem we have are the suposedly super sensitive Christians who 'feel' their sainthood is threatened by the freedom other Christians have to worship God.

I understand your point. And yes there are many in Christ who are enslaved to superstition, 

legalism, etc.

But when Paganism is used to worship God or teach about Christ (equating him or his mission

with paganism and / or untruth), then there is a problem.

• Thumbs Up 2

A retired minister lives on my route. And we spoke briefly of the pagan origin of Christmas

and how the Catholic Church christianized Saturnalia. His response was to ask "Would it have

been better to do nothing?" Unthinking I said, "I suppose not."

But shortly after that I realized the error of that line of thought.

Equating untruth with The Truth (Jesus Christ) is always wrong.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

1 hour ago, Who me said:

Yes the days & months have pagan names, to come up with an alternative to each day, & we could call the months like the jewish calendar, & make today 30th Elul, before month of Tishri, but that would make no sense to most.

Your 2nd point is not right, if you read the post, near the top, where I quote Ezekiel, that was the middle east!

Your last statement is very matter of fact, what doesn't matter?

Posted (edited)

Well let me see. So far on Worthy I have gotten into arguments over Halloween, Christmas, Santa Claus, Christmas Trees,  and I think Thanksgiving although that might have been a joke. 

So do I really want to get into an argument about Easter? :39:

I think I will just sit this one out this time and let some one else have all the fun. :)

Edited by LadyKay
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Haha 1

Ishtar, Semiramis, Tammuz, Nimrod etc. All pagan and still - yes in the USA there are sacrifices On Halloween. Ask Abby-Joy if you want to about this.

Posted (edited)

How and why does one celebrate?

If a man paints eggs and just sees it as a holiday, he is not doing it in a Christian way and is merely a man following tradition.

If a man sets the day aside to focus on Christ's resurrection and the significance and meaning behind it, woopitydoopity.

Edited by Repose
  • Thumbs Up 1

Round here we make a clear demarcation between psedo-christian practices like many Easter rites, for example, and what the Bible says.

There may well be several Easter rites, but just because they share the same name does not make them the same thing.

Easter is ok if it is to celebrate Jesus resurrection.  Why not ? 

• Thumbs Up 1

Sign in to follow this