IGNORED

Law or Grace or compromise somewhere in between?

JohnD

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  5

On 9/8/2019 at 11:44 AM, Abdicate said:

I'm sickened by this thread. It teaches we cannot keep the law, that it's impossible, but the scriptures says Jesus made a way that we could through Him. Faith without works is dead. So many don't even try to stop sinning because they believe, through threads like this, that they cannot stop sinning so why bother. But Jesus commands it. What does God's teaching say - KEEP MY COMMANDMENTS.

John 14:15
If you love me, you will keep my commandments.

John 14:21
Whoever has my commandments and keeps them, he it is who loves me. And he who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and manifest myself to him.

John 15:10
If you keep my commandments, you will abide in my love, just as I have kept my Father's commandments and abide in his love.

In fact, Jesus elevated the commandments to where instead of physical murder to heart murder, instead of physically sleeping with another man's wife, to lusting in our hearts equals adultery. Christians must be above any appearance of evil doing. If you do not put away to old man (sin in us) then you are not saved to begin with. Look at John 14:21, Jesus will manifest Himself to those that are obedient. If you've not seen Jesus in your life, then you don't love Him. This is HIS words, not mine. Repent!

Grab those laws and go out and have a ball doing them......My Bible says that all those who are trusting in the Law are under “ The CURSE Of the Law”. Did you know gave the Law so that sin would increase ? Rightly divide, please......

Jesus left us with only two commands.....Believe and Love......There’s a whole new, improved deal on the table now......Grace......why do so many reject it?   If one did not know better, one would think People are not trusting God ‘s deal that actually “ has the power to save” . They prefer the old “ weak” Law.That is the very opposite of what God demands now.It has been said that the Bible is a very dangerous thing if you don’t work hard to “ be a good student” and “ rightly divide” the Word.I sure believe that.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,397
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0

On 9/5/2019 at 5:37 PM, Cletus said:

Grace is what enables you to do whats lawful. 

I really like this. I lean toward the side of grace, but with the caveat that if you love God you at least try to keep His commandments. We're bound to fall short of the mark many times. That's a reality of our sinful human natures. But like Peter we can repent, be forgiven, and be used by God despite these failings.

Edited by AnOrangeCat

You are correct when you say that Grace does not give me the right to sin......Grace covers me when I , just like you, sin every hour of every day.I can sin as much as I want.I do not WANT to sin now that I have a new Heart. I can stick my hands in a fire as often as I want to also.I refrain from both of these stupid actions because they hurt me.Can you understand that?

If you believe Jesus was the Son Of God, you abide in Him and He abides in you.You can google that to get chapter and verse.....I don’t feel like doing your work for you when you fail to “ rightly divide”

The only way to be “ like Christ” is to get His Spirit in you so that He can live His Life through you. Believe in the Gospel ALONE and rest in it and this process can begin. This is because if you ain’t “ Resting” you are “Working” and God won’t have it.If you are lucky enough to even be saved— He can't live His Life through a modern- day Judaizer.

As far as Salvation is concerned , if the Ten Commandments Have done the job that God intended them to do, pay it forward - you do not need them anymore .No harm if you want to study them and use them like an owner’s manual designed to bless men who obey them.Somebody once said that as far as the Law is concerned, the unsaved can’t keep it, and the saved don't need it  .We don’t need it because we have something better—- “ Christ in us”.

“ Obeying the Father” is mandatory! We are in total agreement there. How do we obey ? “ Believe in the One He sent”     Two and ONLY two rules to worry about now.....Believe and Love.

3 hours ago, Cletus said:

you can sin as much as you want?  tell it to Ananias and Sapphira.  surely they will believe you. 

You just don’t get it do you, Cletus.....I hope others do.....I will explain one more time, as simply as I can, in case somebody else can learn from it

I hate sin.I slip up sometimes .God’s Grace covers my sins when I mess up .I Repent most of the time.Sometimes I forget to repent . If I die without repenting of all  my sins, I will not go to Hell. Grace covers those sins.Now listen closely and try to understand this.When I say that “ I can sin as much as I want” , I know that is ridiculous . I am trying to make a point.....are you still with me, Cletus? You see, God has given me a new Heart—-A HEART THAT NO LONGER “ W A N T S” to sin.Jesus makes clear that if you “want” to do something, you are as guilty as the person that does it......do you agree? So it is important that the Holy Spirit changes the desires of our heart. That is what happened to me.I can say that “ I will sin as much as I want because God knows and I know that I have no desire to sin anymore .It hurts too much.Like sticking my hand in a fire.....I am free to do it but I do not want to.Lets take a breather now, because I am about to get into something deep.........................A Believer can and WILL  sin.....Grace covers these sins.....your Salvation is not affected......just because we do not go to Hell because of a sin, that does N O T mean we can sin and “ get away with it”. I never infer or say that.Never.So relax.Every sin has its consequences.If you rest in the Gospel , you will be chatized for your sins, but you will not be damned for them.The Blood Of Christ guarantees that.

• Loved it! 1

A “ transformed heart” does not mean you are now above being tempted. I still have temptations.I do much better at resisting temptation than I used to.That does not give me complete solace. As Paul told those that had to correct Sinners  in the Churches- don’t get puffed up — it could be YOU the next time.That should keep us all humble and on the alert.That’s me.No different from anybody else in the sense that as human- beings, we all have the potential to be the best or worst.

A “ transformed heart” is still a heart that is at war.I have the same battle as anyone who is honest.The New Man in me who wants to be obedient to God struggles against that Old Man That is not subject to the things of God......that Old Man who sins and loves to sin.Before my New Heart this struggle did not exist.....only my old Adamic  Spirit was inside me.There was no struggle.The New Man wins a lot more now than he used to.

Its like this—— Inside Of me now are two dogs ,one white ( the good one) and one black ( the bad one). The dog I feed the most is the one that is dominant.I feed the White Dog   more and more as God inside of me— the true Creator and  Guardian of that “ transformed heart” is busy at work transforming me into the image of His Son.

There is still sin in my New Life, like everyone else out there , I have thoughts that would shame Hell.  But God is completing the Work He started when He changed my heart, and He is attending to what He wants to transform with His perfect timing.I accept total blame for my many short- fallings.Any good that might emanate from me —- to Him be the Glory.

In that case, I got  Two Words  for you......Woof Woof......lol

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.58
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

Hos. 2:15  “Then I will give her her avineyards from there,

And bthe valley of Achor as a door of hope.

And she will 1csing there as in the days of her youth,

As in the dday when she came up from the land of Egypt.

The valley of Achor was a place of no hope. Our Lord made a place of no hope into a door of hope....and much more.

This is a picture of our rest "In Christ". What a beautiful picture it is!

Praise His Name.