Prayer needed

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  64
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

Hi! Keny here. As you all know school has already started for many. My school has started as well. I just wanted prayer because I feel bored and feel like life just goes in a circle going to school then home then school! I also need advice because for some reason I don't participate in class because I am afraid of what others think about me! I have no friends in any of my classes as well which pushes me to be reserved. Any advice and please pray!

Your brother in Christ

Keny!

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Praying! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  205
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

There's nothing wrong with routine. It's certainly better than life being chaotic and disorganized. There is such a thing as too much routine, though, that's true.

If you want to make things interesting, maybe consider joining a club or team. Go for the school council, or get on the track team. Maybe even a book club. Hobbies are great ways to make friends.

You're only young for so long. I was extremely reserved in school and I could have done much better academically. Live in such a way where you can minimize your regrets, you know? Don't be too reckless though, of course.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

5 hours ago, Keny said:

Hi! Keny here. As you all know school has already started for many. My school has started as well. I just wanted prayer because I feel bored and feel like life just goes in a circle going to school then home then school! I also need advice because for some reason I don't participate in class because I am afraid of what others think about me! I have no friends in any of my classes as well which pushes me to be reserved. Any advice and please pray!

Your brother in Christ

Keny!

First of all it is important not to worry about what others think of you. You need to have a healthy self image and know that God loves you which is most important of all. What is your perspective of why you have no friends? What would make other kids shy away from you?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  536
  • Content Per Day:  0.32

8 hours ago, Keny said:

Your brother in Christ

Keny!

Hi Keny!

I know that many things are difficult as you go through the teen years.  But it is very important to realize that the issues you face are just as real as the issues for everybody else.  Fears, temptations, doubt, sense of failure, boredom.  All of your peers at school experience the same things.  All of the old guys and gals on this forum experience the same things.  Above all is the need to be loved, truly loved as you are.  None of us are good enough, all of us have this fear that if other people knew who we really were they would not like us, not a chance they would love us.  And Satan wants to make sure that is true, so he is always encouraging people to despise each other.  And he has the power of Law to do it.  You can see a lot of that on this forum, people bashing each other over the heads in the name of law (rules).

But God so loved the world that he gave his only son, that whoever believes in him can get eternal life.

This means we are all on the same ground.  If we are saved from being damned by God, then it is only because God is loving (real love, too, not the twisted stuff people dream up).  This means that God Loves You, Keny.   Those of us who have been around life for too long can tell you - it is hard sometimes, but you can choose to believe that you are not only OK, but LOVED and lovable.  Even withh all the stupid stuff you do that you don't tell anyone.  We all have that stuff. 

Find some real people that are willing to talk about who they really are, and show real love to each other.  Real love is in 1 Corinthians 13, and it is really amazing.

Gently ignore the people who haven't yet become real.

Learn to embrace the boredom.  You are most likely to actually hear from God when nothing exciting is happening.   You actually can find a nice peaceful place inside yourself when you quit trying to be entertained all the time.  God might join you there.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

On 8/30/2019 at 5:29 AM, Keny said:

Your brother in Christ

Keny!

I always found it fun to answer questions in class, if I knew the answer.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  64
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

3 hours ago, johnthebaptist said:

I always found it fun to answer questions in class, if I knew the answer.

I used to do that before! As I grew older, I didn't want to be the know it all, so I just stopped answering questions. Another reason why I stopped is because when I kept to myself and let others anwer, I noticed I seemed to do much better on tests than just answering questions. Although when I do have questions I ask sometimes. I just don't want to keep to myself and then have problem talking when the teacher calls on me!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

1 hour ago, Keny said:

I used to do that before! As I grew older, I didn't want to be the know it all, so I just stopped answering questions. Another reason why I stopped is because when I kept to myself and let others anwer, I noticed I seemed to do much better on tests than just answering questions. Although when I do have questions I ask sometimes. I just don't want to keep to myself and then have problem talking when the teacher calls on me!

One doesn't want to talk constantly, of course. It is good to ask questions when you have them.

• 10 months later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

On 8/30/2019 at 1:29 PM, Keny said:

Your brother in Christ

Keny!

Routine can be horrible but it is safe. Go with the flow and do something in your spare time that is fun for you. Good luck.