• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  903
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

...it seems Worthy is turning into one hot mess coming from a whole gaggle of brand new heresy hunters with unending finger pointing, and I'm about one half-step from walking away. Anybody else?

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  206
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  5,608
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  33

Pray to the Lord and seek His guidance what He wants you to do. He knows what's best for you and the best way of doing His work through you. I hope you don't leave, but it's what the Lord wants for your life that is the most crucial thing.

God bless.

Becky.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  536
  • Content Per Day:  0.32

57 minutes ago, John Robinson said:

...it seems Worthy is turning into one hot mess coming from a whole gaggle of brand new heresy hunters with unending finger pointing, and I'm about one half-step from walking away. Anybody else?

John,  I am one of the brand new folks.  Heresy hunter - I suppose it depends on what you mean.  If you mean that Heresy Hunter is one that is concerned about truth of scripture, them I am one, just as I would hope everyone here is.  But I think you probably mean someone who is not willing to discuss their perspective in a fashion as if they were discussing some important issues with people they dearly love, but instead is trying to force others to accept their perspective using offensive techniques such as claiming their perspective is the only one that exhibits reason and principle.  I do not want to be like that.

As you know, this topic is visible to all that choose to read it.  Perhaps a bit of friendly advice might help the new people. (Long shot with some people,  but "Love Hopes ALl Things".)

Here is my opinion: 

- we all have opinions, on some subjects each person has carefully thought out opinions based on the approach they use to understand scripture
- we all want to share our hard won perspectives with other people.   This is why most people join forums to teach, few join just to learn, although some may have enough humility to learn from others while they teach.
- each of us has beliefs that we are adamant about, and often for very good reasons.  This is not a forum about some game, like chess.  This is about the things of God, the things that are of utmost importance in life
- when we set out to teach through posting a topic, most people read theological posts with their "believe-ability" filters applied.  As they should.
- when we, as teachers, want to communicate - direct confrontation will almost never yield results.  I could illustrate this from an examination of Jesus' ministry, but then people would try to de-heresy-ize this statement and loose the goal of this statement.  In this statement, I am trying to convey that IF YOU HAVE A TRUTH to share, people will hear you if you show some level of respect for their thought processes. 
So my encouragement to those looking for people to convince of what God has revealed to you: share your logic with concern for your listeners.

Hope that helps someone.  But take it as almost useless thoughts from a mere speck of humanity, one among billions. Prominence is not possible, presence is.

lftc

Edited by lftc
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.81

1 hour ago, John Robinson said:

Im just getting back because I live in Florida where we all are watching the storm. Is there a way we could define the problem.  There is always disagreements. Not sure what is meant by  heresy hunters.  It is important to have those who can recognize the true from the false. Read Galations.I don't thing running away is the answer. Young believers can easily mislead. There is nothing God can't see. 

Edited by Mike Mclees
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  471
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,542
  • Content Per Day:  2.30
  • Days Won:  9

I been on worthy three years. There always been this going on . But it's ok the orthodox believers are strong here too. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,777
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

10 hours ago, Wayne222 said:

I been on worthy three years. There always been this going on . But it's ok the orthodox believers are strong here too. 

Not all but most are believing that they got things right and they want to tell others...they will find their way, it takes time....

People need to feel strong in their believes and we take it from there...

I understand that the Holy Spirit can make someone to want to tell, even when the person is in misunderstanding....

So someone who hears him may say something to be used by the Holy Spirit as a seed to correct someone....

God Bless....

PS

I remember our conversations when you first began....your fellowship in this site..

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

14 hours ago, John Robinson said:

Who determines what is heresy and what is not heresy? One man”s heresy is another man’s truth. All we can do is present our best cases, using Scripture to back them up.People need to see all sides and make up their own minds, hopefully asking God for His Help to lead them to the Truth

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,010
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,205
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

If one gets tired of the onslaught of bickering back and forth, one can always take a break from those types of topics for awhile.   Also, don't forget to use the report button if rudeness starts.

• Thumbs Up 1