Yeshua153

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  219
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

The most famous verse in the bible, & yet so misconstrued by many, So let's define the words, & see what it actually says.

That little 2 letter word is SO significant. If God loved all the world, that's what it would say, without the 'so'. So means in a particular manner, He loved the world. World being kosmos - orderly arrangement. 

People then misconstrue 'that everyone believing into Him'. Everyone is pas o - the all, not just all, the believing all, which are the few elect God has chosen. 

Yeshua did not die for the whole world, He died for His bride, the church, as Eph 5v25 says, "....just as Christ loved the church & gave Himself for HER."

People love to quote Rom 10v13, saying that whoever, or everyone who calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved. Whoever, again is 'the all', His elect. The next verse, v14 "How then shall they call on Him in whom they have not believed?" You cannot be an unbeliever, & call for Him to save you, when your dead in your sins, as an unbeliever, for God does not hear sinners, only believers who have sinned!

That's the truth of His Word, & most won't like it, but it still needs to be said.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

1 hour ago, Yeshua153 said:

The most famous verse in the bible, & yet so misconstrued by many, So let's define the words, & see what it actually says.

That little 2 letter word is SO significant. If God loved all the world, that's what it would say, without the 'so'. So means in a particular manner, He loved the world. World being kosmos - orderly arrangement. 

People then misconstrue 'that everyone believing into Him'. Everyone is pas o - the all, not just all, the believing all, which are the few elect God has chosen. 

Yeshua did not die for the whole world, He died for His bride, the church, as Eph 5v25 says, "....just as Christ loved the church & gave Himself for HER."

People love to quote Rom 10v13, saying that whoever, or everyone who calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved. Whoever, again is 'the all', His elect. The next verse, v14 "How then shall they call on Him in whom they have not believed?" You cannot be an unbeliever, & call for Him to save you, when your dead in your sins, as an unbeliever, for God does not hear sinners, only believers who have sinned!

That's the truth of His Word, & most won't like it, but it still needs to be said.

That's the truth of His Word,

The “ Truth” as you see it .......nothing more, nothing less.

Everything you think could be wrong......the same goes for me. All we can do is state what we believe to be true and try to back it up using Scripture

• Thumbs Up 3

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,777
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

53 minutes ago, Yeshua153 said:

The context: 

There must be a context that result in these words...

That God loved the world, not just loved the world but loved the world in a very special, very special...super special way....

"KOSMOS" is not problematic to Greeks...

While is used to refer to the a lot of everything we see when we looked at the sky above...

Like God created the world=kosmo....

In John 3:16...kosmos=world is referring to a lot of people: 

It is like as in the context of what the scripture want to point out....

This scripture is spoken to the whole world=to all kosmos...

As supposed to the Jews only....as it was before Jesus Christ....

And why the world=kosmos...and not is pointing to a special group even a sub-group withing a group...

Because Jesus died for the sins of the world....

Inclusive all people from the first man to forever one....

Noy to those who were present at the time of his crucifixion...

And someone who understands the way of the Law of Moses could make this argument...even an argument to expanding it to include only the Jews as a whole whether present or not and or the twelve tribes.....never ending argument...

This back to our substance....

There is one Savior for all the people of the world...

From those, everyone who had died before Jesus Christ...Kosmos...all people, inclusive all, from every family and nation in the world....

And all people who were alive at the time of his death on the cross....

Again the people...all the people=kosmos on the earth....

And for those to be born for ever more in the whole world....

"

John 3:16 King James Version (KJV)

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

The emphasis is to have "Eternal Life"...

without the "Eternal Life", someone will perish....

next post will address the substance of John 3:16.. 

So this is just for the meaning of Kosmos...

And next post about God's special love and why is so special....

This:

Jesus if I do not go to the Cross to die, nothing will be acoblish...there is not any other way...

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

Just now, Debp said:

God does hear sinners.  Remember Jesus talking of the Pharisee and the sinner?  The sinner cried, "God be merciful to me, a sinner." Jesus said that sinner was justified....not the Pharisee that thought he was so righteous.

If he was an unbelieving sinner, it flies in the face of Jn9v31, "Now we know that God does not hear sinners, but if anyone is a worshipper of God & does His will, He hears him."

• Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2

4 hours ago, Yeshua153 said:

This is basically a rehash of a centuries old debate among Christians, did Christ die for all humans to possibly be saved or only for the elect who are saved?   Supralapsarian and infralapsarian calvinists believe in a limited atonement only for the elect.  Sublapsarian calvinists and arminians believe in a universal atonement extended to all but not efficacious for all.  

There's nothing new in the OP that hasn't been debated and re-debated countless times for centuries before now.  Here is what it boils down to.  One side grabs a couple verses as proof texts for what they believe and then explains away other verses that don't fully agree.  The other side starts with different verses as the proof texts for what they believe and then explains away the other ones.  Both sides start calling each other heretics, form their own church across the street from each other, and try to proselytize people from the other side.

As a practical matter, pretty much most Christians I know act as if they believe Christ died for all and that God's offer of salvation is earnestly extended to all.  I have yet to hear any evangelist preach the gospel by saying "Christ died for some of you but not others.  If you are among the elect, you'll realize it at some point and believe.  If you are not among the elect, you're going to be tormented forever because God didn't extend His grace to you and Christ didn't die for you."   Maybe there are some who preach this way, but I doubt there are many except a few for whom dogged adherence to their theoretical theological beliefs is the driving force in their spiritual life.   The very actions and words of the vast majority of Christians I have seen in my life seem to indicate that almost all believe that Christ's death is sufficient for anyone we meet.

• This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Brilliant! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.95
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

7 hours ago, Yeshua153 said:

Yeah, I understand what you're trying to convey here. Still there is this aspect of it, just for thought. 

John 10:16 16And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.  KJV

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

Just now, BeauJangles said:

Yeah, I understand what you're trying to convey here. Still there is this aspect of it, just for thought. 

John 10:16 16And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.  KJV

The other sheep are still believers, but like I was before 15yrs ago, in other churches that were preaching false doctrine, so if you are one of God's elect, somehow God will show you, & will bring you out of the false doctrine, & teach you true doctrine, by His Spirit. But those who are goats, (unbelievers) cannot become sheep, & will therefore, promote their false doctrine, to keep you from knowing the truth, they might not realise they are doing that. I had to relearn everything, that I had been fed for 30yrs, & the last 15yrs the truth really has set me free, although you have to endure serious opposition, like I know I am doing, in this forum, but it is worth it, because it confirms His word, that few will go along with the truth.

The false gospel makes you feel comfortable, & accepted, whilst the truth makes you feel isolated, but knowing how the disciples were hated, & killed for the faith given to them, I know too, I will be killed spiritually, & maybe for real too, in the future 7yr tribulation, where it will be against the law, to preach truth, in the 2nd half of the 7yrs.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

The problem with some threads here is that they try to make salvation too complicated. The words of John 3:16 is simple. Easy for the new Christian to understand. Why dissect it? 

John 3:16

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

• Thumbs Up 1