• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  541
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0

13 hours ago, missmuffet said:

Go figure. :unsure:

So  what do you think the following means?

Take a look at Genesis 22:17-18
God said to Abraham, "indeed I will greatly bless you, and I will greatly multiply your seed as the stars of the
heavens and as the sand which is on the seashore . . . and in your seed all the nations of the earth shall be
blessed."

(1) stars
(2) grains of sand on the seashore
(3) all nations of the earth shall be blessed through Abraham's descendants. (In Romans the Apostle Paul
teaches that the Christian Church is the spiritual children of Abraham.)

Compare Galatians 3:6-9

"So also, “Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness.”Understand, then, that those who have faith

are the sons of Abraham. The Scripture foresaw that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, and foretold the gospel to

Abraham: “All nations will be blessed through you.”So those who have faith are blessed along with Abraham, the man of faith."

Missmuffet, do you think Genesis 22:17-18 with Galatians 3:6-9 teaches that only a few people

will be saved?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

20 minutes ago, JAG** said:

third grade level of maturity.

And suggesting to those who don't agree with you to please leave is mature? Right. Very mature. 

30 minutes ago, JAG** said:

What do you think this means?

"I will greatly multiply your seed as the stars of the
heavens and as the sand which is on the seashore"

And what do you think this means?
(From Abraham and Sarah) "came descendants as numerous as the stars in the sky and as countless as the sand on the seashore."

After reading Genesis 22:17-18 and Hebrews 11:11-12, do you think the Bible teaches that only a few people will
be saved?

God said to Abraham, "indeed I will greatly bless you, and I will greatly multiply your seed as the stars of the
heavens and as the sand which is on the seashore . . . and in your seed all the nations of the earth shall be
blessed."

(1) stars
(3) all nations of the earth shall be blessed through Abraham's descendants. (In Romans the Apostle Paul

Compare: Hebrews 11:11-12
By faith Sarah, even though she was barren and beyond the opportune age, was enabled to conceive a child, because she considered Him

faithful who had promised. And so from one man, and he as good as dead, came descendants as numerous as the stars in the sky and as countless as the sand on the seashore."

Since your extremely small font shows so little consideration for an elderly person's visual needs, I'll let you know when I purchase something adequate to accommodate it. 

• Group:  Senior Member

27 minutes ago, BeauJangles said:

And suggesting to those who don't agree with you to please leave is mature? Right. Very mature. 

Your comment is incorrect spin and nothing more. The person I invited to leave obviously had

no intention of actually reading my posts in this thread. He said he had read only the first paragraph.

He then launched an attack on my thread (which he had not read),  an attack that was incorrect nonsense.

This thread has absolutely nothing to do with the subject of his post. 

24 minutes ago, BeauJangles said:

Since your extremely small font shows so little consideration for an elderly person's visual needs, I'll let you know when I purchase something adequate to accommodate it. 

I did my best to enlarge it for you, but I don't think some of it would enlarge?

What do you think this means?

"I will greatly multiply your seed as the stars of the
heavens and as the sand which is on the seashore"

And what do you think this means?
(From Abraham and Sarah) "came descendants as numerous as the stars in the sky and as countless as the sand on the seashore."

After reading Genesis 22:17-18 and Hebrews 11:11-12, do you think the Bible teaches that only a few people will
be saved?

blessed."

(1) stars

Compare: Hebrews 11:11-12
By faith Sarah, even though she was barren and beyond the opportune age, was enabled to conceive a child, because she considered Him

faithful who had promised. And so from one man, and he as good as dead, came descendants as numerous as the stars in the sky and as countless as the sand on the seashore."

Thanks for trying, but here's what happened. The re-post is now unquotable. Several honest attempts were made in the endeavor, but it just wasn't possible. I'm sorry. Allow me to take the time and put your questions down so they can be answered. Whether they meet your expectancies are another issue. Thanks again. 

9 hours ago, nzkev said:

What is Christianized :) It Is a choice by faith, no one is going to be forced to become a Christia

I mean by the word Christianized God's simple plan of salvation as taught by all the Bible-believing

Protestant Christian churches -- here is one statement of faith:

"A definition of the Christian doctrine of salvation would be “The deliverance, by the grace of God,

from eternal punishment for sin which is granted to those who accept by faith God’s conditions of repentance

and faith in the Lord Jesus.” Salvation is available in Jesus alone (John 14:6)"

I would add that the saving power is the supernatural power of the Holy Spirit to regenerate

the repentant sinner, what the Lord Jesus called being born again in John 3:3.

And of course it goes without saying that no is going to be forced to become a Christian.

Edited by JAG**

17 minutes ago, BeauJangles said:

dThanks for trying, but here's what happened. The re-post is now unquotable. Several honest attempts were made in the endeavor, but it just wasn't possible. I'm sorry. Allow me to take the time and put your questions down so they can be answered. Whether they meet your expectancies are another issue. Thanks again. 

You are welcome. I did the best I could for you. The software would not allow me to enlarge

all of it.  I am looking forward to reading your answers to my questions.  The basic question of this

thread is the question that asks:  Is Christendom going to end up being a little flock? Yes or no?

The absolute compelling answer is NO, not a little flock, but just the opposite of little flock, its

going to end up being a HUGE-ENORMOUS flock of saved people. There are several Bible verses

quoted in this thread that make A HUGE-ENORMOUS  flock an absolute certainty. 

Here is one of them:

"By faith Sarah, even though she was barren and beyond the opportune age, was enabled to

conceive a child, because she considered Him faithful who had promised. And so from one man

(Abraham), and he as good as dead, came descendants as numerous as the stars in the sky and as 

countless as the sand on the seashore." Hebrews 11:11-12

Edited by JAG**

Here is a magnificent verse that cheers the heart and soul:

"For He must reign till He has put all enemies under His feet." 

1 Cor.15: 25

That verse teaches victory (not defeat) for His Christian church..

Edited by JAG**

"For the earth will be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the LORD as the waters cover the sea" (Hab. 2:14)