• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

1 hour ago, JAG** said:

For example why don't you write me a post and tell me what you think about Genesis 22:17-18

and Hebrews 11:11-12 (both are down  below). 

What do you think this means?

Genesis 22:17-18 17That in blessing I will bless thee, and in multiplying I will multiply thy seed as the stars of the heaven, and as the sand which is upon the sea shore; and thy seed shall possess the gate of his enemies; 18And in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; because thou hast obeyed my voice.  KJV

1. Genesis 22:17-18. God made a twofold promise to Abraham. The first was a material promise that he would be the father of many nations and that kings would descend from him. God promised him that his progeny would inherit the land of Canaan, an expanse that He defined as stretching from the Nile to the Euphrates rivers.

Hebrews 11:11-12 11Through faith also Sara herself received strength to conceive seed, and was delivered of a child when she was past age, because she judged him faithful who had promised. 12Therefore sprang there even of one, and him as good as dead, so many as the stars of the sky in multitude, and as the sand which is by the sea shore innumerable.  KJV 

1. Hebrews 11:11-12. Through faith also Sara — Though at first she laughed at the promise through unbelief; received strength — Εις καταβολην σπερματος, for the conception of seed; and was delivered of a child when she was past age — That is, beyond the due time of age for such a purpose, when she was ninety years old, and in the course of nature absolutely incapable of bearing a child. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  541
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0

6 minutes ago, BeauJangles said:

Genesis 22:17-18 17That in blessing I will bless thee, and in multiplying I will multiply thy seed as the stars of the heaven, and as the sand which is upon the sea shore; and thy seed shall possess the gate of his enemies; 18And in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; because thou hast obeyed my voice.  KJV

1. Genesis 22:17-18. God made a twofold promise to Abraham. The first was a material promise that he would be the father of many nations and that kings would descend from him. God promised him that his progeny would inherit the land of Canaan, an expanse that He defined as stretching from the Nile to the Euphrates rivers.

Hebrews 11:11-12 11Through faith also Sara herself received strength to conceive seed, and was delivered of a child when she was past age, because she judged him faithful who had promised. 12Therefore sprang there even of one, and him as good as dead, so many as the stars of the sky in multitude, and as the sand which is by the sea shore innumerable.  KJV 

1. Hebrews 11:11-12. Through faith also Sara — Though at first she laughed at the promise through unbelief; received strength — Εις καταβολην σπερματος, for the conception of seed; and was delivered of a child when she was past age — That is, beyond the due time of age for such a purpose, when she was ninety years old, and in the course of nature absolutely incapable of bearing a child. 

Thank you for your post.

However the basic question of this thread is the question that asks:  Is Christendom going to end

up being a little flock? Yes or no? The absolute compelling answer is NO, not a little flock, but just

the opposite of little flock, its going to end up being a HUGE-ENORMOUS flock of saved people.

There are several Bible verses quoted in this thread that make A HUGE-ENORMOUS  flock an

absolute certainty. 

So do you agree that the final number of the saved is going to be comparable to the number

of stars in the sky and the number of grains of sand on the seashore? 

7 minutes ago, Sonshine☀️ said:

Luke 12:32 King James Version (KJV)

32 Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom.

In this verse, Jesus is speaking to his disciples.  He tenderly calls them “little flock” as He is as their Shepherd.

Have you bothered to even read the Opening Post in this thread? Did you bother to read

my other posts in this thread? The Opening Post quoted Luke 12:32 and then presents

actual arguments (reasons) to support the thesis that Christendom is NOT going to

end up being a "little flock".  Don't you want to come to grips with the actual arguments

in this thread? Don't you want o write me a post and demonstrate how you get "little flock"

out of this verse?

Hebrews 11:11-12

By faith Sarah, even though she was barren and beyond the opportune age, was enabled to conceive a child, because she considered Him

faithful who had promised. And so from one man, and he as good as dead, came descendants as numerous as the stars in the sky and as countless as the sand on the seashore."

1 minute ago, Sonshine☀️ said:

If the first thing you posted is false, anything subsequent to that is false.  First, you must acknowledge that it’s false, and then, perhaps, what you post after that will be worthy of being read and discussed.  

In other words you have no intention of actually presenting arguments that refute the Opening Post 

and the other posts in this thread. The thread presents solid Bible verses that clearly say Christendom

is NOT going to end up being a "little flock." But you are going to ignore all those verses and evade

coming to grips with what they clearly teach. 

You said the "first thing you posted is false." What exactly did I post that is false? 

Don't evade and dodge that question. Clearly identify what I posted that is false. Name it.

7 minutes ago, Sonshine☀️ said:

“Little flock” are Jesus’ words to his disciples…only. 

I agree 100% with your statement. 

5 minutes ago, Sonshine☀️ said:

If you hadn’t used Luke 12:32, then your posts would’ve been fine.  See what I mean? 

No I don't see what you mean at all. 

3 minutes ago, maryjayne said:

You know, pretending to open a discussion, then sermonising, and then  insulting and attacking rudely anyone who responds (because they think it's a discussion and are discussing with you), is not a straightforward way to go.

Is this a discussion, or not? It's in the discussions section.

I have not done any of that.  All that up there is nothing more than your personal characterization of what I have written.

You either want to come to grips with the Opening Posts and my other posts in this thread, or you don't want to come

to grips with them and face them. I'm not interested in reading  soap opera comments.  You should take your own advice

and stop sermonizing and attacking rudely.  So start discussing. Write me some posts that refute with arguments the

proposition of the Opening Posts and all my other posts in this thread.  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.82
  • Days Won:  226

2 hours ago, JAG** said:

So  what do you think the following means?

Take a look at Genesis 22:17-18
God said to Abraham, "indeed I will greatly bless you, and I will greatly multiply your seed as the stars of the
heavens and as the sand which is on the seashore . . . and in your seed all the nations of the earth shall be
blessed."

(1) stars
(2) grains of sand on the seashore
(3) all nations of the earth shall be blessed through Abraham's descendants. (In Romans the Apostle Paul
teaches that the Christian Church is the spiritual children of Abraham.)

Compare Galatians 3:6-9

"So also, “Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness.”Understand, then, that those who have faith

are the sons of Abraham. The Scripture foresaw that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, and foretold the gospel to

Abraham: “All nations will be blessed through you.”So those who have faith are blessed along with Abraham, the man of faith."

Missmuffet, do you think Genesis 22:17-18 with Galatians 3:6-9 teaches that only a few people

will be saved?

No, I do not see that those verses teach there will be few saved. It talks about the sons of Abraham. We do not know how many will be saved so it should not be our concern. The only verse that tells me few will come to Jesus Christ is:

Matthew 7: 13-14

Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.

9 minutes ago, Sonshine☀️ said:

Perhaps I should’ve said that your OP was taken out of context.  I apologize for that.

/Smile Your apology is accepted. I am always quick to be friendly and cordial.

God bless.

Just now, missmuffet said:

No, I do not see that those verses teach there will be few saved.  

Then we agree. The number of the saved will not be just a few.