• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

3 minutes ago, JAG** said:

Then we agree. The number of the saved will not be just a few.

You are twisting my words around. I said that we do not know how many will be saved. That is for God. I also said that Matthew 7:13-14 was the verses that would tell me few will find the narrow gate.

Edited by missmuffet

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  541
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0

20 minutes ago, Sonshine☀️ said:

Perhaps . . . 

Say Sonshine, maybe you will like my Being Forgiven thread?

Check it  out.

7 minutes ago, Sonshine☀️ said:

We agree 100%.  Thanks for the scriptures.  Awesome!

You are welcome. My pleasure.  /smile

9 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

You are twisting my words around. I said that we do not know how many will be saved. That is for God. I also said that Matthew 7:13-14 was the verses that would tell me few will find the narrow gate.

You said clearly this: "Then we agree. The number of the saved will not be just a few."__missmuffet

If you hold that the number of the saved will be few, then you will have to actually present arguments 

that refute my arguments in the Opening Post and in my other posts in this thread. You can't just

ignore what I have posted if you want to participate in a discussion of what I have written. 

3 minutes ago, Sonshine☀️ said:

Will certainly check it out, Jag.  Thx!

Thanks Sonshine for checking it out. 

9 minutes ago, Sonshine☀️ said:

Look how many!  Hallelujah!

Revelation 7:9-16 King James Version (KJV)

After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;

10 And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb.

11 And all the angels stood round about the throne, and about the elders and the four beasts, and fell before the throne on their faces, and worshipped God,

12 Saying, Amen: Blessing, and glory, and wisdom, and thanksgiving, and honour, and power, and might, be unto our God for ever and ever. Amen.

13 And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they?

14 And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

15 Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple: and he that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them.

16 They shall hunger no more, neither thirst any more; neither shall the sun light on them, nor any heat.

OSAS is what the Bible teaches. If anyone has ever genuinely asked Jesus Christ into their life they will go to heaven. In the end they may not receive any rewards because they have not served Jesus Christ on this earth as they should have. Only God knows how many will really make it to heaven. 

15 minutes ago, JAG** said:

You said clearly this: "Then we agree. The number of the saved will not be just a few."__missmuffet

If you hold that the number of the saved will be few, then you will have to actually present arguments 

that refute my arguments in the Opening Post and in my other posts in this thread. You can't just

ignore what I have posted if you want to participate in a discussion of what I have written. 

You are not God. You do not know how many people are going to heaven. 

33 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

You are not God. You do not know how many people are going to heaven. 

Missmuffet, I say the following with kind warm friendly tones: Dear, you are

missing the whole point of my Opening Post and all my other posts in this

thread. There has NOT been one word said about the exact numbers of people

that will be saved. Of course, I do not know that. Of course, only God knows 

that number.

Missmuffet, all  my posts in this thread make the point that Christendom is not

now a little flock and will never again be a little flock. It was once a little flock.

When was it a little flock? Answer: In the first century some 2000 years ago

when the Lord Jesus first called His disciples. It WAS a little flock then. But

now it is a HUGE-ENORMOUS flock.  And that proposition is supported by

several clear Bible verses. All you have to do is merely read them to see that

the Bible clearly teaches that the final number of the saved will be 

HUGE-ENORMOUS. 

Missmuffet, give this post a careful read. Tell me what you think about it.

What about the Bible verse that says this:

Matthew 7:13-14
Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction,
and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the way that leads to life, and only a few find it.

Common sense compels the sane interpreter to give Matthew 7:13-14 an interpretation that does not deny reality. You
can interpret Matthew 7:13-14 as having application only to the people of that time period. If you apply Matthew 7:13-14
to all of human history you end up with an interpretation that contradicts other clear Bible verses (see the OP and my other
posts in this thread.)

To apply Matthew 7:13-14 to the entire human race and to all of human history makes God a moral monster, for that would
mean that He started a program knowing that the vast majority of His creatures were going to spend an eternity screaming
in eternal Hell. What kind of a God would do a thing like that?

Its absurd to suggest that there are only a few true Christians in the world today. There are over 16,000,000 Southern
Baptist in the United States, that number alone does not harmonize with the concept of only a few are saved. And there
is no reason for you to doubt the profession of faith of the world's 2.3 billion Christians anymore than it is for them to doubt
your profession of faith. 

In another vein, its a good rule of interpretation that says you never interpret a verse of Scripture
in a way that contradicts another clear verse of Scripture, and to interpret Matthew 7:13-14 in
such a way that flatly contradicts "I saw a multitude to large to count from every nation and tribe
and people and tongue" is not a good thing to do. Its not practicing sound hermeneutics.

I asked the web "How many Protestants are in the world today?" and I got
this response:

There are more than

900 million

Protestants worldwide,

among approximately 2.4 billion Christians. In 2010, a total
of more than 800 million included 300 million in Sub-Saharan
Africa, 260 million in the Americas, 140 million in Asia-Pacific
region, 100 million in Europe and 2 million in Middle East-North
Africa."

I have no reason to doubt the salvation of these 900 million of my fellow Protestants.

And 900,000,000 Protestant Christians in the world today is not a "few" that found it.

Its simply bad interpretation to apply "only a few find it" to all of human history. Doing that
reduces Christianity to absurdity. 

1 hour ago, missmuffet said:

. . . . .

Missmuffet, see how you like what I posted here:

Take a look at it, and tell me what you think. I'm 

interested in reading what you have to say about it.

Christianity started very small. There was a time in the first century (some 2000 years

ago) when there were zero Christians. Then the Lord Jesus started calling His disciples.

There was a time in the first century when there were only a few dozen Christians in the

entire world. But as the centuries unfolded the number of Christians began to increase

in the world.  Today there are some 900,000,000 Protestants in the world. And 900,000,000

is not a little flock. 900,000,000 Protestants is not a just a few Christians. So then Christianity

started very small in the first century, but today here in the year 2019 Christianity has grown

HUGE-ENORMOUS in numbers. Here below is a parable that the Lord Jesus taught His disciples

that teaches the idea of beginning small but ending up HUGE-ENORMOUS.

"He put another parable before them, saying, “The kingdom of heaven is like a grain of mustard seed that a man

took and sowed in his field. It is the smallest of all seeds, but when it has grown it is larger than all the garden plants

and becomes a tree, so that the birds of the air come and make nests in its branches.”
Matthew 13:31-32