JAG**

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  541
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0

The yeast of the gospel will eventually make disciples of all the nations.

"He told them still another parable: The kingdom of heaven is like yeast that
a woman took and mixed into three measures of flour, until all of it was leavened.
Matthew 13:33

* The subject is the Kingdom Of Heaven

* The yeast is the gospel.

* The three measures of flour is the entire world.

* The final result is that "all of it was leavened" that is the entire world will be Christianized.

To those who may appreciate some Christian optimism. I highly recommend Dr. Kenneth Gentry's magnificent work He Shall Have Dominion: A Postmillennial Eschatology (Third Edition: Revised and Expanded.)
`

"In this greatly expanded and wholly updated version of Dr. Gentry s classic study of postmillennialism, you will sense anew the powerful message of Psalm 72 that Christ shall have dominion from sea to sea. You will learn that God's word promises that the whole earth will be filled with his glory so that all nations will call him blessed - before Christ returns. Many evangelicals today are concerned about those being Left Behind on this Late Great Planet Earth as it collapses into absolute chaos. But the postmillennialist optimistically believes that He Shall Have Dominion through the Spirit-blessed labor of his blood-bought Church by its faithful obedience to the New Covenant. In this book you will find the whole biblical rationale for the postmillennial hope, from its incipient beginning in Genesis to its glorious conclusion in Revelation. Your faith will be re-invigorated as you begin to recognize that the gospel is the power of God unto salvation (Rom 1:16) and that our Lord Jesus really meant it when he commanded us to go and make disciples of all the nations (Matt 28:18-20)."

Link:
https://www.amazon.com/Shall-Have-Do...al+eschatology

More Christian optimism:

Postmillennialism: An Eschatology Of Hope by Keith A. Mathison

Here is what one reviewer said about Mathison's work:

"In Postmillennialism: An Eschatology of Hope, Keith Mathison looks to make a case for an optimistic eschatology, where the Great Commission will be successfully accomplished and all nations will be successfully discipled to Christianity. In carrying out this end, Mathison surveys the whole Bible, from Genesis to Revelation, and notes those texts where the hope of the world and the goal of the family of Abraham is the conversion of all the nations- not merely a godly remnant from the nations. In this project, Mathison is successful. The Bible is so full of passages which promise the conversion of all the nations that it's not a particularly difficult task. The nations, as nations, will stream to Zion and learn the law. The families of the Earth- all of them- will be blessed by the Abrahamic covenant."___Thomas C. Hamiltion (Found in the comment section st the link below.)

Link: (To buy the book from amazon)
https://www.amazon.com/Postmillennia...tology+of+hope

More Christian optimism:

An Eschatology Of Victory by Marcellus Kik.

Start quote:
In

this day and age of
the End Times Industry
where American Christians
compare their plight in regards to morality, to the deepest level, and earthquake,
and hurricanes as evidence of the Last Days, this book provides the proper historical
context for the eschatological passages in the Bible. Kik uses scripture to interpret
scripture and properly reveals the true nature of the the Messianic Kingdom, in terms
of its purpose and scope.
`
When this is done all the sensationalism of
dispensationalism, antichrist, one world government, chip in the hand
and the forehead all become what they really are, "Silly conjectures with
no basis in scripture".
`
This book is going to offend diehard dispensationalists
in that it totally
refutes their eschatological view. It also offends the amillenialists, but truth is
obligated to only offend those that are at variance with it.___McKeon Gratian

(end quote) Note: This quote found in the comment section at the link below

Link to buy the book from amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/Eschatology-V...ogy+of+victory

Edited by JAG**

Here is the granddaddy of all the great works on future Christian optimism. Its Dr. Loraine Boettner's magnificent work titled The Millennium

Says one reviewer:
Start quote:

This is the first book I have read on eschatology, and it did not disappoint. Boettner is a postmillenialist who thoroughly examines all three views on the millenium: postmillenialism, amillenialism, and premillenialism (including dispensationalism). I grew up in a premillenial tradition and had always been taught two contradictory views concerning the end times: 1) the Rapture could occur at any time without warning or sign, and 2) there are many signs around us (e.g. Jews moving back to Pallestine) signifying that the end is near.
Boettner does a great job destroying both of these myths by using the scriptures exhaustively.
The picture he paints is that of a church victorious on the earth with Christ as its leader.___David (no last name given) Comment can be found in the comment section at the link below.

Link (to buy the book from amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/Millennium-Lo...S8V7H5E432RPN0

Here is one I have never read, but many say it is a magnificent work:

Its titled Victory In Jesus: The Bright Hope Of Postmillennialism by Greg L. Bahnsen

Here is what one reviewer said about his work:

Start quote:

Greg Bahnsen was studied enough to debate philosophy. But this book, taken from lectures, is in such simple and clear language that you could use it in your youth group. Furthermore, it is packed with several valuable studies. Not only does he deal deftly with the real differences among Premillennial, Amillennial, and Postmillennial interpretations and their implications for practical living; the late, great Bahnsen gives an astoundingly good overview of the book of Revelation in the first chapter - the best broadbrush picture I've ever read. There is also a very important nugget - a goldmine, really - in the final chapters' study about Satan and the various names/titles given to this fallen creature. That alone would merit repackaging the book with a title about a study of Satan and his defeat by the Lord Jesus Christ___John Bunyan (comment found in the comment section at the link below

`
Link to buy the book from amazon
https://www.amazon.com/Victory-Jesus...ustomerReviews

I'm looking forward to reading all of the responses from the very worthy members of Worthy Forums.

God bless.

JAG

• Haha 1

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  903
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

There's no way I'm going to wade through all that, and I'll bet I'm not the only one. Your treatise might get better traction on a blog.

• This is Worthy 1

7 minutes ago, John Robinson said:

There's no way I'm going to wade through all that, and I'll bet I'm not the only one. Your treatise might get better traction on a blog.

"All that" is well worth you giving it  a slow careful read. Every word of it is a cheerful upbeat positive note of Christian victory

about the certain coming  magnificent worldwide success of Christendom --- and especially since you say in your siggy that one of your interests

is Christian eschatology. 

28 minutes ago, John Robinson said:

By the way, you don't have to read all that I wrote, just read the Opening Post and tell me if you agree that Christendom is NOT now a 

little flock? And do you agree that the number of the saved will NOT be just a few?

You're interested in Christian eschatology. Take the time to read something that is a cheerful positive upward mobile.

Are you not tired of all the gloom and doom in Christian eschatology these days?

I actually found the following on a website:
"It appears that only a small number of people are born again or being
saved today . . . Its possible that there may be less than one hundred
born again people alive in the world today." (That was from a website
called "true Christianity." )

That's absurd nonsense.

Edited by JAG**