• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  12
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, ReneeIW said:

but at this time, I could careless about tarnishing a family name. They need to worry about tarnishing the name before they hurt others 

ReneeIW,

Just so you understand, I am not telling you that you should keep quiet. 

That fact we are exchanging posts in this forum indicates you aren't.

And my responding to yours encourages you to speak out about it even more.

What I'm merely suggesting is that you take a path were your victory is assured.

You shouldn't have to bear this burden the rest of your life.  It will break you at some point if you do.  Complete healing can come only from God, nowhere else.

Rest assured that man will pay.  If it's by God's hand, he will pay severely.  If it's a case of your word against his in a court of law, he might get away with it and that will leave you shaken.

This is more about your complete healing and recovery than his punishment. His punishment has already been decided by God.

The irony in all this is that you will be greatly rewarded by God if you forgive him, while he's already been sanctioned.

God specializes in taking what humans intend for bad into something good.

Give Him a try and see.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

7 minutes ago, Abby-Joy said:

The corruption within the ranks of well known televangelists goes deep.  MANY of these men have been provided "gifts" .... and as long as they do as they're told, they keep receiving those "gifts" ... and their popularity grows and grows... the controlled media gives them lots of coverage, they get to attend White House "prayer breakfasts" (etc) .... and their reputation soars.  But as soon as they step out of line (defined by the cult higher-ups) ... guess what happens?  They get "exposed" .... think about ones who've been exposed in the past as having been with prostitutes or having mistresses, or being a sexual predator. 

I don't doubt any of this. But it is scary. This makes me think of the Illuminati or some other secret society.

• This is Worthy 2

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  5

20 hours ago, $teven said:

ReneeIW,

I'm gonna go completely counter-intuitive on this and probably get some stick for it, but I would caution taking this to the cops if you have no hard evidence or witnesses.

There are a couple reasons why I'm suggesting this.  You have been caught up in what I would characterize as an abomination.  Something that's caused immense pain and discomfort.  If you take this to a court of law without hard evidence or witnesses, you will suffer a second time - maybe even more painful than before as it would be played out in public.  And if the legal judgement goes his way, it will be an even more destructive force to contend with then.

That said, I'm not suggesting you merely roll over and suffer in silence.  If you take this to the Lord instead, He's not bound by the rules and limitations of a court of law, as He is sovereign.  If He is allowed to exact justice on your behalf, it will be perfect and absolute.  Your perp will suffer much more under God's judgement than what a court of law can impose.  Furthermore, while the court could potentially find his guilty and perhaps send him to prison for a few years, God has the power to completely destroy the empire he's built on falsehoods and deceit.  This might not be the advise you wish to hear but God's justice/judgement is always better than man's.

Another thing is that he claims to belong to the family of God.  Keep in mind that Judas was one of the 12 as well.  Jesus himself said that things such as what he did must come to pass in our evil word but woe to those who perpetrate them [Matt 18:7].  Not woe to the victims.  The debt is not with you but him and even if he asks the Lords forgiveness but doesn't secure yours, he's not forgiven.  But keep in mind, if you withhold forgiveness from him, the Lord will also withhold forgiveness for your transgressions.  I know.  That doesn't seem fair.

Despite what he's done, he's done it under the banner of the family of God.  This means it's somewhat of a family affair.  For, something like this playing out in the eyes of the world will tarnish the family name.  I am not suggesting letting him get away with it at all but God's judgement is the only way you can ensure he's held to absolute account.  If you give it to God the judgement will come and the family name will be spared.  He would be made to suffer and shoulder his own shame.  God can destroy him but the courts can't.  Gad can save you from the memory and pain of what he's done to you. The courts cannot.

When you pray, tell the Lord everything you wish to come of this.  It makes a difference to hear yourself say it.  After you've done this, ask the Lord to remove all trace of anger, pain or hate this man has caused in your life.  End your prayer by praying blessings for him.  I know this will be hard but trust me if you do, it will set you completely free.  Not only that but God will then be completely free to deal with him, because you given it to him.

I'm advising you in this manner because I want you to be the victor, not to carry the pain and memory of what he's done.  This is an opportunity to see just how awesome God really is.  May he bless you abundantly in every aspect of your body, mind and soul.

Jesus said through Paul after the Crucifixian and His Ascension That in this present Age of Grace , God has already forgiven ALL of your sins.....THAT is you motivation for forgiving anybody.....if God can forgive wretches like us, why should we withhold forgiveness from another wretch......it has NOTHING  to do with your Salvation.....NOTHING. The  Jesus that said you must forgive in order to be forgiven is the same Jesus that said you have already been forgiven.You have enough on your plate as it is .Discard the idea that this is a Salvation issue.

• Thanks 1
  • Praise God! 1

4 minutes ago, ReneeIW said:

After how I have behaved during this conflict, I know I’m going to heaven by grace alone. That is the one good thing that has come out of this. I am totally incapable of earning my way into heaven. Two and a half years ago, I may have thought otherwise. I may have said with me and God working together I can make it into heaven. I got nothing. Totally dependent on Him. Clinging to Him everyday now.

I think Jesus would say to you  as He said to the loathed Publican—- “ Salvation has come to this  house today!”

God has opened your eyes and blessed you beyond all imagination, just like he did me .....to Him ONLY goes the Thanks and Praise......May you continue to be blessed ! Isn’t it great to leave “ The Fool’s Paradise” Of self -justification? NOTHING BUT THE BLOOD ! I pray that others internalize this Truth.....they had better.....

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Jesus said through Paul after the Crucifixian and His Ascension That in this present Age of Grace , God has already forgiven ALL of your sins.....THAT is you motivation for forgiving anybody.....if God can forgive wretches like us, why should we withhold forgiveness from another wretch......it has NOTHING  to do with your Salvation.....NOTHING. The  Jesus that said you must forgive in order to be forgiven is the same Jesus that said you have already been forgiven.You have enough on your plate as it is .Discard the idea that this is a Salvation issue.

Mark.4

1. [12] That seeing they may see, and not perceive; and hearing they may hear, and not understand; lest at any time they should be converted, and their sins should be forgiven them.

Matt.6

1. [12] And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
  2. [14] For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you:
  3. [15] But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

Luke.6

1. [37] Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:

2Cor.2

1. [10] To whom ye forgive any thing, I forgive also: for if I forgave any thing, to whom I forgave it, for your sakes forgave I it in the person of Christ;
  2. [11] Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices.

Forgiveness is the foundation of salvation. Where there is no forgiveness, there is no salvation.

• Praise God! 1

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

2 minutes ago, $teven said:

Forgiveness is the foundation of salvation. Where there is no forgiveness, there is no salvation.

Amen. That says it all. :amen:

• Thumbs Up 1

30 minutes ago, $teven said:

Mark.4

1. [12] That seeing they may see, and not perceive; and hearing they may hear, and not understand; lest at any time they should be converted, and their sins should be forgiven them.

Matt.6

1. [12] And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
  2. [14] For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you:
  3. [15] But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

Luke.6

1. [37] Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:

2Cor.2

1. [10] To whom ye forgive any thing, I forgive also: for if I forgave any thing, to whom I forgave it, for your sakes forgave I it in the person of Christ;
  2. [11] Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices.

I respectfully disagree......Coming to God as a lost, hopeless sinner who has put his faith in Jesus to save him is the “ foundation” of Salvation.Do That and God will put His Holy Spirit in you and you will find yourself doing things that were previously impossible to do in your flesh.Forgiving the “ unforgivable”is a “ fruit of the Spirit” Of one that has been given a New Heart.It is a result of having that Spirit that has saved us — it is definitely NOT the means of obtaining it.We must not put the cart in front of the horse. God bless. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.54

1 hour ago, $teven said:

This statement is so scary to me because I know this is what priests are telling the boys they have raped. I have witnessed professional athletes tell this to women they have beaten to a pulp.  Men who have raped tell this to their victims and the list goes on and on. The victim forgives and the offender goes on and harms another. But somehow we are to believe that Christ, who came to give us rest  and a life more abundantly, doesn’t care about people being harmed, but only cares about the offender being “forgiven.”

The abused person is not only physically, sexually, mentally, and emotionally traumatized, but after all that, they are in danger of hell while their offender is on their way to heaven.

If you are going to suggest that forgiveness is the actual foundation of salvation(instead of Christ’s work on the cross, grace, believing on) then at least define forgiveness so that victims don’t believe that forgiveness means remaining silent.

A woman is brutally raped, what is forgiveness in this situation? 

Btw, who did the thief on the cross forgive? Or the jailer?

Edited by ReneeIW
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Brilliant! 1

29 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

I respectfully disagree......Coming to God as a lost, hopeless sinner who has put his faith in Jesus to save him is the “ foundation” of Salvation.Do That and God will put His Holy Spirit in you and you will find yourself doing things that were previously impossible to do in your flesh.Forgiving the “ unforgivable”is a “ fruit of the Spirit” Of one that has been given a New Heart.It is a result of having that Spirit that has saved us — it is definitely NOT the means of obtaining it.We must not put the cart in front of the horse. God bless. 

Forgiveness is God blotting out your sins and salvation is the end result, being saved from God's wrath.  This is God's 'natural' response to sin, what we know as death. This is why Christ came, to die for the sins of all.  It is through his sacrifice that we have a path to redemption.  Salvation is not passive but proactive; which means we have to live our lives observing the principles underpinning it.  You are right, in that this is possible only by the power of the Holy Spirit but you have to bear those fruits that validate the presence of the Spirit, or else, as John said in Matthew 3: [8] Bring forth therefore fruits meet for repentance: [10] And now also the axe is laid unto the root of the trees: therefore every tree which bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

Also, recall the differentiation Jesus himself made about those who come to the Lord in the parable of the sower.  They did not all meet the same fate.  Our fate is determined by how effectively we apply the principles of salvation.  One of those principles is that we have to proactively forgive others in order to received God's forgiveness.  Do you imagine God attaching such importance to forgiveness that He sacrifices His only Son, only to then treat it with contempt by allowing those whom Jesus died for to dismiss it as unnecessary?

There is a parable from Jesus himself in Matthew 18: 23-35 that perfectly encapsulates this principle.  Keep in mind as well that the whole point of salvation is gaining entry into Jesus' kingdom at the end of this age. Why would he allow anyone who does not observe the same principles he did while on earth to share in his inheritance?  If this wasn't a central issue he wouldn't have uttered "Father, forgive them..." as he was being put to death by those who mocked him.