• Topic Count:  74
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,238
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, NickyLouse said:

Were all ten virgins saved?

If so...

Did the 5 foolish ones lose their salvation? 

If so,

What is meant by having enough oil? How do we know whether we are saved? Is my debt paid in full or not?

If the foolish five were not saved, what does it mean to go and buy oil from them who sell it?

Hi Nicky,

The foolish virgins are virgins, someone keeping themselves pure from the world. We are also told they are awaiting the return of the bridegroom. This is a way you might describe a Christian, yet, they fall away so we know they are not true Christians.

Jesus’s three parables that follow the Olivet Discourse in Matthew 24 are applications of his end time teachings, applications that center on apostasy or the falling away.

Those who fall away are churchgoers attending our churches who are unsaved. They think they are Christians but are not. They may believe Jesus is the Son of God, they may believe in his sacrificial death on the cross, but they don’t have FAITH in those beliefs. They aren’t saved, they have a human-form of belief rather than what comes from above.

The one on whom seed was sown on the rocky places, this is the man who hears the word and immediately receives it with joy; yet he has no firm root in himself, but is only temporary, and when affliction or persecution arises because of the word, immediately he falls away. (Matt. 13:20-21)

So, the foolish virgins are churchgoers who think they are Christians, but are not.

But the wise virgins were ready because they had the oil of the Holy Spirit.

The bridegroom came, and those who were ready went in with him to the wedding feast; and the door was shut. (Matt. 25:10)

The wise virgins are raptured and taken into the wedding feast.  What follows are some of the saddest words in the Bible, “and the door was shut.”

After the door was shut, the foolish virgins came pounding on it and crying out for Jesus to let them in, but it was too late.  They thought they were Christians right up until the moment the door was closed! Then Jesus then told them one other thing that they lacked:

But he answered, ‘Truly I say to you, I do not know you.’  (Matt. 25:12)

Jesus didn’t say the foolish virgins didn’t know him, he said that Hdidn’t know them. A big difference. So these foolish virgins may have believed he was the Son of God. They may have believed he died for the sins of the world, but they had no faith. And one other thing:

If anyone loves God, he is known by Him. (1 Cor. 8:3)

This then is the cryptic meaning behind the phrase, “I do not know you.” The foolish virgins without faith didn’t love God. They loved themselves. And when the moment of testing came, they fell away.

And if Jesus knows us, he will confess us before the Father (Matt. 10:32). All who love him with agape love  will enter the wedding feast.

What happens to the foolish virgins? Are they saved, or , can they be saved?

Look at the parables following Mathew 24. 

In Mathew 25:29....."Throw out the  worthless slave into the outer darkness; in that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth"

When the Day of the Lord comes, after the celestial disturbance, it will be a day of darkness (Matt 24:29) (beginning a year Isa 34:8, 61:2, 63:4  of darkness). This is when the resurrection/rapture happens......then the Day (year) of the Lord begins....total darkness. The foolish virgins are left behind to face the wrath of God. If they repent, and put their faith and love in Christ, then they will be saved at the sheep and goat judgment.  (I know I'm going to get lots of "O Veys" on this last paragraph)

You can read the whole article here.....http://www.thegospelintheendtimes.com/apostasy/who-are-the-foolish-virgins/

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  16

Nicky  just keep digging friend.  He is THE Teacher and has promised to guide all who seek Him into ALL truth.  There IS a different way to understand "I never knew you" as something VERY serious, but NOT being unsaved.  He will lead you to  seeing it if you just keep asking Him for  insight  and revelation.

Many who have failed to take Him seriously and believe Him when He tells us those SIX "fundamental" doctrines named in the first three verses of Hebrews 6 are NECESSARY before we can move to maturity......will end up very surprised when they get to the  Judgement and find out  what they overlooked.  there will be many  tears in that day....He will dry them, but many will discover the blesssings in eternity they ASSUMED were theirs will be given to others. 

ALL who are born again will end up with amazingly blessed, fulfilling existence - beyond all we can ask or even think....but not all will attain to the same ranks, responsibility and privilege.  

I urge you to go to the last part of  Hebrews 5 for context, the first three verses of Hebrews six for identification of what constitutes getting HIM set as our personal foundation.....and then take that back to Him as your Teacher and ask Him to  reveal Himself....and establish His foundation in you.   He will do it.

• Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  212
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

3 hours ago, Jostler said:

The Bible

The scriptures were not written to the 21st generation. As an example, the epistles were written to different churches that existed in those days, the gospels were written for a Jewish audience, the OT was written to Israel. The parables were given to Jewish believers and unbelievers, etc. 

In general, God speaks to us through His word, but we must be very careful that we don’t take God’s holy word out of its intended context and assume things He never said. 

This is why it’s very important to learn how to hear the voice of God in whatever way He chooses. We also need to learn to how He speaks to us through His word.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  16

6 minutes ago, Gentle-Warrior said:

The scriptures were not written to the 21st generation. As an example, the epistles were written to different churches that existed in those days, the gospels were written for a Jewish audience, the OT was written to Israel. The parables were given to Jewish believers and unbelievers, etc. 

In general, God speaks to us through His word, but we must be very careful that we don’t take God’s holy word out of its intended context and assume things He never said. 

This is why it’s very important to learn how to hear the voice of God in whatever way He chooses. We also need to learn to how He speaks to us through His word.

"AT THAT TIME.......the Kingdom will be like ten virgins...."

Figure out what 'at that time' means and then come pontificate about context

"At that time the kingdom of heaven will be like ten virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom.

Edited by Jostler

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,460
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,739
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  126
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

1 hour ago, Worship Warriors said:

There is no point discussing anything about the bride of Christ on this forum. Many had already made up their mind what they want to believe. What you believe now will change tomorrow as the Lord gives you more understanding of His word.

so you should keep an open mind and not be so narrow minded. I just had someone who told me to get out of his thread and said to me The lord rebuke thee Satan, get thee behind me.

Did you report it?  

• Praying! 1

Many translations do not say exactly what your translation says, so why can't I have a discussion with someone else about the topic at hand? Someone asked me for help to understand what this parable means.   

NASB95 “Then the kingdom of heaven will be comparable to ten virgins, who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom.
NKJV “Then the kingdom of heaven shall be likened to ten virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom.
AMP THEN THE kingdom of heaven shall be likened to ten virgins who took their lamps and went to meet the bridegroom.
ESV “Then the kingdom of heaven will be like ten virgins who took their lamps and went to meet the bridegroom.
CJB The Kingdom of Heaven at that time will be like ten bridesmaids who took their lamps and went out to meet the groom.
Wordstudy KJV Then shall the kingdom of heaven be [likened unto] ten virgins, which took their lamps, and[went forth] [to meet] the bridegroom.

What does it mean "at that time" in your scholarly knowledge? 

Edited by Gentle-Warrior

13 hours ago, Jostler said:

The Bible

Who was the audience that Jesus was telling this parable to? 

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  268
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  02/25/2004

11 hours ago, JoeCanada said:

If anyone loves God, he is known by Him. (1 Cor. 8:3)

This then is the cryptic meaning behind the phrase, “I do not know you.” The foolish virgins without faith didn’t love God.

That is a beautiful answer. THANK YOU!

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  268
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  02/25/2004

41 minutes ago, Gentle-Warrior said:

Someone asked me for help to understand what this parable means.

I appreciate your insights. Thank you for responding as kindly as you did.

12 minutes ago, NickyLouse said:

I appreciate your insights. Thank you for responding as kindly as you did.

You are special Nick. Your heart is in a good place. 

God bless,