• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,190
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/10/1947

On 9/11/2019 at 10:04 AM, Gentle-Warrior said:

You are not in any position to tell whether I have no idea what the bible teaches or not. It is you who is accusing me of hatred while all along I have been showing you what the word of God says, not what I think. 

I don't think I want to continue wasting my time with someone who is so caught up with loving the Jews as if they were an elite race. Everyone is free to come to Christ. The death of Jesus Christ on the cross has opened the doors of salvation for all peoples, including the Jews. These doors will continue to be open to all as long as this age exists.

I never once said I hate the Jews. The real issue here is that you hate what the word of God says about sinful Israel. Try reading Eze. 16 and be horrified what God says about them.

You are the one who testifies as to ignorance of the context and detail of scripture, not me.   Your words bear witness against you.

Hate of Jews manifests itself in clandestine ways among protestants.   One of the chief cloaks is acceptance of anti-semitic doctrine such as Replacement Theology, which states that the spiritual church/Israel has replaced the real thing, the real people of God.  This is one of the doctrines of demons we have been warned to deny.

The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged." - Moses speaking to Joshua as quoted by Deuteronomy 31:8

You quoted Ezekiel 16, BUT you did NOT read all the way to the end of the chapter.  You misunderstand the very chapter you claim to be cognizant of....

For this is what the Lord GOD says: I will deal with you according to your deeds, since you have despised the oath by breaking the covenant. But I will remember the covenant I made with you in the days of your youth, and I will establish an everlasting covenant with you. - Ezekiel 16:59-60

Ezekiel was in Babylon with the Jews who were among the first group to be taken into captivity by the Chaldeans.  From that remote location he looked back toward Jerusalem and his people and bemoaned their sad situation.  He did not rejoice over it as many Jew haters now do.  (The Bible tells us not to gloat over the misfortune of others, btw.)   God spoke to Ezekiel and told the prophet in no uncertain terms WHY Israel had been punished - for adulterating and prostituting itself unto foreign gods.   

BUT

God also promised that along with the thrashing He was giving the Jews He would also send times of healing and promise and hope.   In verse 60 He promises to send ha-Mashiach (the messiah).

YOU need to read the entire chapter YOU have quoted.  There is hope at the end and a glorious promise TO THE JEWS, which is a good and blessed thing.

That you dwell on the punishment and ignore the hope of God's people demonstrates your gloating over the hard life they suffered because of their sins.

The LAW stands to this day unchanged and untouched by the dogmas and false doctrines of man.   

I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you." - God speaking to Abraham as quoted by Genesis 12:3

Instead of focusing primarily upon the misfortunes of Israel, I beg you to embrace the blessings God has given to them - INCLUDING His promise that He would never leave them or forsake them AND THAT the everlasting covenant He established with ISRAEL would be a blessing to the world as well.

Consider the salvation that comes from the Jews - not from the Vatican and certainly not from wayward protestants who hate Jews and anything that smells of Jewish LAW.

I ask you kindly to reconsider the false doctrine you believe to be true.  ISRAEL IS God's chosen people.   It is wise to bless them and stand with them than to try to oppose God's purpose in them.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft..

Edited by choir loft
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,190
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Birthday:  10/10/1947

On 9/15/2019 at 9:36 AM, dhchristian said:

We have Christ Jesus as our advocate, He gives us the Spirit of Truth, and he is the faithful and true witness. He is the True Author of those books, and He tells us the accurate translation of them. If the Spirit is not guiding you in your teaching you replace Him with multiple Scholars and men to teach you, and you lead yourself into error, by bringing in forgeries such as Sinaiticus, and heresies such as Gnosticism from the Alexandrian texts. 

12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. 13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual. 14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. (1 Cor. 2:12-14)

You continue to believe that spiritism is superior to scholarship.   

You prove this by taking scripture out of context to support your love of wayward spirits and their doctrines.

How can one be certain their spiritual impressions are true?  It is only by studying the Word of God, the written document, that one can be certain that what he or she has experienced is true and right and of God.

Many have been deceived by doctrines of demons, especially in the post-modern age.   We are surrounded by the greatest amount of knowledge the world has ever known and we have greater and easier access to it than any generation that ever walked the earth.......

YET

many continue to think the imaginations of their minds and the conceit of their hearts is superior to or preferred over the knowledge God has given us.

Beware the spirits you love .....  for they do not love you.

Question them one and all.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft.....

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.67
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

16 hours ago, Tampered With said:

From your very first post in this thread Gentile-Warrior.

Isaiah 11:11-12. It says, “And it shall come to pass in that day, that the Lord shall set his hand again the second time to recover the remnant of his people, which shall be left, from Assyria, and from Egypt, and from Pathros, and from Cush, and from Elam, and from Shinar, and from Hamath, and from the islands of the sea. And he shall set up an ensign for the nations, and shall assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the four corners of the earth.” (KJV).

Other scriptures that affirm this return include Isaiah 43: 4-7; Jeremiah 16: 14-16; Jeremiah 23: 7-8; Jeremiah 29:14; Jeremiah 30: 3; Ezekiel 39: 25-29; and Amos 9:14- 15. There is some very interesting history concerning the fulfillment of these prophecies.

There were only about 40,000 Jewish people in what was known as Palestine at the turn of the twentieth century. By 1948, when Israel declared their independence and statehood, there were about 500,000. Today there are about 7 million and the number is still growing. Why? Because the Jewish people from all over the world are becoming more and more interested in going back to Israel! They are going home, if you will, in fulfillment of this prophecy. Some teach today that the regathering of the Jewish people from Babylon was the fulfillment of this Isaiah 11 prophecy. However, Isaiah 11:11 says they will be gathered the “second time”. The regathering from Babylon was the first time they were gathered back to the Land.

Also, Isaiah 11:12 says that they would be gathered from the “four corners of the earth”. The gathering from Babylon was from one country, Babylon. There is only one time in history that the Jewish people have been gathered the “second time” and from the “four corners of the earth”. That time is now.

Many of the prophecies calling for the Jewish people to be regathered to the land of Israel also call for them to be gathered there without faith in their God. It is very unfortunate, but today in Israel there are so many who do not have a practicing faith in Jehovah God. In fact, many in Israel today are either atheist or agnostic.

This is the scenario that is called for in Ezekiel 37:1-28 known as the “valley of dry bones” chapter. Ezekiel 37:11- 14 leaves no question that Jewish people will be gathered from all over the world to the land of Israel before the Spirit is placed within them. Therefore, lack of faith in God in Israel today is in perfect harmony with the condition called for in Ezekiel 37.

However, Ezekiel goes on to declare that a bright day is coming for the people of Israel, spiritually and physically, a day when she will be redeemed from all of her wanderings and floundering (Ezekiel 11:17-21; 36:24-28). Her focus on her Lord will return, and the purpose for which she was originally set apart as a nation, to lead the nations in the knowledge of the Lord, will take center stage (Zechariah 12:10). Those days are just ahead of us.

Isaiah tells us the day would come when Israel would “blossom and sprout” and “fill the whole world with fruit” (Isaiah 27:6). This prophecy is definitely being fulfilled as Israel has become one of few net food-exporting countries in the world, which means they export more than they import. 

The world is very focused on Israel and especially Jerusalem. The world is wondering what to do about the problems between Israel and her neighboring Arab countries. It is ironic that as large as the world is and as diverse as the world’s problems are, there is so much focus on this tiny country. At its widest point, Israel is only 85 miles wide and is 290 miles long! The population is close to 8 million compared to the world’s almost 7 billion. It is seemingly insignificant compared to the rest of the world both in size and population. Yet, Israel remains much of the focus of the United Nations and the world.

The prophet Zechariah prophesied the world’s attention would be focused on not just Israel, but Jerusalem in the end times (Zechariah 12:2-3). Jerusalem seems to be the “crown jewel” in the heart of the Jewish people of Israel. As the “peace talks” convene between Israel and her Arab neighbors, compromises have been considered on just about anything except Jerusalem.

As the restored nation of Israel seems unwilling to compromise concerning Jerusalem, resentment toward Israel is on the rise. This resentment will eventually turn to military involvement according to Zechariah, as every nation of the earth will turn against Jerusalem. When the world is convinced the “peace talks” have completely collapsed, they will start sending their armies to force “peace”. This will be the fulfillment of Zechariah 14:2 which states that a day is coming when all nations will be gathered against Jerusalem to battle.

The world, in fulfillment of Bible prophecy, is focusing on Jerusalem today. Diplomatic efforts will not solve the problems and, probably sooner than later, the armies will start to march toward Israel. When they do, the scenario will be set up for the fulfillment of the greatest event of all of human history, the return of Jesus!

Zechariah 14:4 says in the day that all nations are gathered together against Jerusalem, the Lord will come and stand on the Mount of Olives! He will take a stand against all the armies gathered there and defeat them. At that point He will begin to rule this earth for 1000 years. The “Middle East problem” will be over! Praise the Lord! What an exciting time to live and see these things beginning to take place!

A very interesting development in Bible prophecy in this regard took place in June of 1967. The Jewish people had not been in control of Jerusalem since 70 A.D. But during the Six Day War in June of 1967, the Jewish commandos advanced up the southern end of the old walled city of Jerusalem. Under heavy fire they broke into the city through the Lion’s Gate and returned Jerusalem into Jewish control for the first time in 1,897 years.

This was considered a very important event among those who study the prophetic Scriptures because in Luke 21:24, Jesus gave an interesting prophecy that said “Jerusalem would be trampled under foot by the Gentiles until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled”. “The Times of the Gentiles” is a Scriptural term that refers to the periods of history in which Gentiles would dominate world politics and more specifically, Jerusalem. Gentile power has controlled Jerusalem for many centuries. Now, since the twentieth century, while so many other prophecies are being fulfilled, Jerusalem has come back under Jewish control.

Immediately following these times of Gentile power would come the time predicted in Scripture when Jesus Himself will take His position as King, and rule and reign on earth for 1,000 years (Zechariah 14:9, Revelation 20:1- 6). He will rule with peace, righteousness, and justice! He will reign from Mount Zion, which is located in Jerusalem (Micah 4:6). Zechariah 14:11 says at that time, “people will live in it, and there will be no more curse, for Jerusalem will dwell in security”. The curse on the earth that was introduced at the fall of Adam and Eve in Genesis 3 will be removed. Among other blessings, the earth will not require strenuous labor to make the earth yield fruit and flowers. Can we imagine the beauty?

Also describing this time, Micah says the nations will send ambassadors to Jerusalem to seek the favor and wisdom of the Lord (Micah 4:2; Isaiah 62:7). What a switch from the present-day political world this will be! Today the world is shouting for the Lord to get out of government, out of our schools and public places. In that day, however, according to Micah, the world will embrace the Lord at all levels and seek to be taught by Him.

There will not be the outcry of separation of church and state that is heard so much in today’s world. Jerusalem will be the religious and political capital of the world. Jesus will be present there to preside over all politics and religion. Jerusalem will finally become what has long been in the mind of the Lord and His prophets. One of those prophets, Isaiah, says we are to give God “no rest until He establishes and makes Jerusalem a praise in the earth” (Isaiah 62:7).

Israel will finally become what she was called out and separated to do; be the world’s teacher in what it means to know the Lord and His righteousness. After so many centuries of enduring the world’s hatred and disrespect, many long to see Israel rise to this glorious time of respect and admiration from around the world. Israel’s Messiah, Jesus, will lead the world into the greatest time of peace and righteousness ever known on earth.

Zechariah recognizes this time when he states, in that day, ten men will grasp the garment of the Jew saying, “Let us go with you, for we have heard that God is with you” (Zechariah 8:23).  

Thank you, Tampered with---nice job. I was blessed in the reading.

• Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, Tampered With said:

Why I Call Jesus "Yeshua" 

Behold, G_d is my salvation; I will trust, and not be be afraid - Isaiah 12:2

Yeshua is a variation of the name Yehoshuah, or in the familiar, Greek-descended, anglicized form, Joshua. Jesus was most likely called Yeshua by His disciples since that is His name in Hebrew. It was, and is, a name that denoted the power of salvation. 

Think about reading the Bible in Hebrew and to Exodus 15:2: "The Lord is my strength and song, and he is become my salvation." The word salvation in that verse would be pronounced "Yeshua." How prophetic that verse becomes by understanding the Hebrew behind "one word": "The Lord is my strength and song, and He is my Yeshua."

"Yeshua" is a verbal derivative of the word rescue, or deliver or save. I'm an old dude and back in my prime the old Jesus Movement had a saying: Jesus Saves and indeed He does! But it is far more than just that Jesus is SALVATION as His very name tells us. Rich meaning is lost when we do not understand the Hebrew roots of our faith!

Jesus Christ, "Christ" comes to us from the Greek word for Messiah. It is a title, not a name. He is Jesus the Christ and for me I refer to Him in both His Hebrew and common English Bible references. I usually use His Hebrew name first, Yeshua HaMashiach, translated Jesus the Messiah as it serves as a constant reminder of who Jesus, or Yeshua, really is - the promised Messiah of the Hebrew Scripture!

LOL Praise the Lord!

I was one of those 'Jesus Freaks; with long hair handing out chick tracts and witnessing on street corners and parks. It was a glorious time of simple faith. The Lord did wonderful things and our fellowship was joyous. We had what we called love feasts and would gather together to cook and break bread and read scripture and sing songs of love. Most of the important things were learned during that time.

Funny you mentioned that time, because reading stuff at this forum (christian forums are new to me)--I have considered starting a topic that relates in part back to a lesson of that time and forward along the road that the Lord established.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,488
  • Content Per Day:  1.44

6 minutes ago, choir loft said:

You prove this by taking scripture out of context to support your love of wayward spirits and their doctrines.

How can one be certain their spiritual impressions are true?  It is only by studying the Word of God, the written document, that one can be certain that what he or she has experienced is true and right and of God.

Many have been deceived by doctrines of demons, especially in the post-modern age.   We are surrounded by the greatest amount of knowledge the world has ever known and we have greater and easier access to it than any generation that ever walked the earth.......

YET

many continue to think the imaginations of their minds and the conceit of their hearts is superior to or preferred over the knowledge God has given us.

Beware the spirits you love .....  for they do not love you.

Question them one and all.

The Spirit Of Truth is far better than scholarship. Scholarship has its place but the Spirit of Truth is far superior. Jesus is the Truth Personified, The Spirit of Truth is Jesus within us teaching us the scriptures. The Word of God is alive to those who have the Spirit of Truth. Most in the churches today have replaced the Spirit of Truth with Scholarship, and have made reaching God a Mental ascent as opposed to A heart Belief and Knowing. That is why the church is so powerless.

You are saying the Spirit of Truth is a Wayward Spirit.... This Borders on the unforgivable sin. God Gave us a test of the spirits in scripture to use whereby we know the Spirit of Truth and the spirit of error. (1 John 4:6) The Spirit Of Truth Guides us into all Truth (John 16:13) He Testifies Of Jesus (John 15;26) The Spirit of Truth is the Spirit that wrote the Scriptures, He Is God With Us, Emmanuel. I would Rather trust His teaching than my Own understanding and carnal mind (Proverbs 3:5-7) 

For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.(Romans 8:6-8)

It is the faith in the carnality of the Mind that has led the church into the apostasy it is in today, Because the carnal mind is enmity against God. It is the mind that is deceived by "Doctrines of Demons" not the Spirit of Truth... The Spirit of Truth in us. Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you. (John 16:13-14)

Plain and simple, You are Quenching the very One that Quickens us By placing your faith in your carnal mind. The "imaginations" are of the Mind, not of the Spirit Of Truth. Quench not the Spirit. (1 Thess. 5:19) 

dh---how old are you?

;-)

Just now, Alive said:

dh---how old are you?

Now I Know you are new to forums but that is not the type of question You ask of people (Especially the ladies):o

Let's Just put it this way, the AARP is just starting to send me mail, Sounds like you have been receiving it for a few years. :39:

LOL

I ask because time can sometimes provide 'perspective' that lack of time doesn't.

That is all.

How much time have you spent learning from 'teachers'?

Just now, Tampered With said:

Sorry but the "Spirit Of Truth" is NOT far better than scholarship if it contradicts Biblical Scripture because the True Spirit of Truth never does that. We are always to try the Spirits against the Word of G_d.

Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil. Prov. 3:5-6

For one, the Spirit of Truth is Jesus. He and His Wisdom are far better than scholarship. Second the Spirit of Truth is a "he" and not an "it", which shows that You do not KNOW HIM. Third I never said the Spirit of Truth is greater than the Word of God, I said the Teaching of the Spirit of Truth is greater than Human scholarship, and Human Wisdom. The Word of God and the Spirit of Truth are one in the same, they are Both Jesus and they Both agree. Testing the spirits, is not something that requires a doctorate in theology, But something that all believers Empowered by the Holy Ghost are capable of.  

Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise. For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness. (1 Cor. 3:18-19)

Scholarship has its place in Christianity, But studying about God is not Knowing God... Do You Know your wife because you have studied all the great Biology books About the female Human? or By a having a relationship with her? The Spirit of Truth is How we have a relationship, By Knowing Him. Biology may come into Play in the case of your relationship with your wife, such as if there are health issues, or for bearing children, But Knowing her biology has nothing to do with Knowing her. Capiche? 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,272
  • Content Per Day:  2.10
  • Days Won:  4

4 hours ago, dhchristian said:

Now I Know you are new to forums but that is not the type of question You ask of people (Especially the ladies):o

Let's Just put it this way, the AARP is just starting to send me mail, Sounds like you have been receiving it for a few years. :39:

Ha ha! rofl!