• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,829
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Days Won:  1

Matthew 17:5 
While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  212
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, Absolem said:

35 years studying scripture and you understand very little. At best your proclaiming replacement theology, at worst it's anti-Semitic hate spew. You are willfully ignorant of scriptire, and to be honest I wish I had the patience these other believers have in trying to explain to you your error. You will realize soon enough that God has not cast away his people, and that his love and plan for them has always been there and in effect. Your unwillingness to understand and accept this truth is disgusting.

20That is correct: They were broken off because of unbelief, but you stand by faith. Do not be arrogant, but be afraid. 21For if God did not spare the natural branches, He will not spare you either. 22Take notice, therefore, of the kindness and severity of God: severity to those who fell, but kindness to you, if you continue in His kindness. Otherwise you also will be cut off.…

I don't believe in Replacement  Theology, never did and never will. The fact that you want to label me is a clear indication that you are unwilling to debate me in a decent and orderly manner. However, using slander to accuse me of being anti-semitic is lame at best and ridiculous at best. The only one who is spewing hate is you. 

By the way, I understand much more than you can ever imagine. If you want to give it a try, I am well able to discuss your disagreements with my beliefs which are centered on Christ and Christ alone. 

On 9/5/2019 at 1:44 AM, Adstar said:

The Millennium is not undermined by any of the scriptures you quote..  The Millennium is firmly established in the Book of Revelation Chapter 20.. 

Revelation 20 is highly symbolic in nature and cannot be used as a doctrine unless there is previous support in the scriptures. Please provide NT Biblical evidence that supports your position of Rev. 20. 

4 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

I stopped reading right here. I take it you believe in "replacement theology"? 

Your assumption is wrong. All I do is look at what the word of God says in light of what Jesus accomplished at the cross. If you don't recognize that, something is wrong, and I assure you is not me because I don't carry extra baggage like most Christians do today with the end times fables that they have picked up from false teachers. 

The scriptures are not about what the majority believes but about the truth that stems from Jesus Christ alone. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,488
  • Content Per Day:  1.43

2 hours ago, Gentle-Warrior said:

I don't believe in Replacement  Theology, never did and never will.

Like it or not, that is what you are teaching is replacement theology. The following are the three possible options, Replacement theology, Covenant theology or dispensationalism.

Answer: Replacement theology (also known as supersessionism) essentially teaches that the church has replaced Israel in God’s plan. Adherents of replacement theology believe the Jews are no longer God’s chosen people, and God does not have specific future plans for the nation of Israel. Among the different views of the relationship between the church and Israel are the church has replaced Israel (replacement theology), the church is an expansion of Israel (covenant theology), or the church is completely different and distinct from Israel (dispensationalism/premillennialism).

https://www.gotquestions.org/replacement-theology.html 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43

10 hours ago, Gentle-Warrior said:

The Millennium is a fairly new doctrine that was never taught by the original church. Jesus, Lord of heaven and earth does not need to come down earth while He reigns in heaven over the earth. 

The belief of a Millennial kingdom reveals a lack of understanding of what Jesus accomplished in His perfect and complete redemption. 

Of course it was taught in the early church.. What happened was the evil catholic religion suppressed it because they wanted the world to believe that their coming to power in the roman empire was the fulfillment of the 1000 year reign of the saints..  But their false religion has revealed itself to be not of God and not true to the Gospel of our LORD Jesus Christ..

The belief in the millennium was indeed believed in the pre-catholic early church, but it was not called millennialism it was called Chiliasm..

Chiliasm in History

""" Justin Martyr is the first Christian author to write on the Apocalypse. In his "Dialogue with Trypho" chapter 80, he claims that all "right-minded Christians" believe that "there will be a resurrection of the dead, and a thousand years in Jerusalem, which will then be built, adorned, and enlarged, [as] the prophets Ezekiel and Isaiah and others declars." He goes on to write in chapter 81: "And further, there was a certain man with us, whose name was John, one of the apostles of Christ, who prophesied, by a revelation that was made to him, that those who believed in our Chirst would dwell a thousand years in Jerusalem; and that thereafter the general, and in short, the eternal resurrection and judgment of all men would likewise take place.""""

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43

7 hours ago, Gentle-Warrior said:

Revelation 20 is highly symbolic in nature and cannot be used as a doctrine unless there is previous support in the scriptures. Please provide NT Biblical evidence that supports your position of Rev. 20. 

2 Timothy 3: KJV

16 "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:"

ALL SCRIPTURE.. The Book of Revelation IS Scripture..

Or are you trying to deny that The Book of Revelation is scripture?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  344
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,393
  • Content Per Day:  2.70

14 hours ago, Gentle-Warrior said:

The Millennium is a fairly new doctrine that was never taught by the original church. Jesus, Lord of heaven and earth does not need to come down earth while He reigns in heaven over the earth. 

The belief of a Millennial kingdom reveals a lack of understanding of what Jesus accomplished in His perfect and complete redemption. 

I sure don't understand who and where you're getting your theology from? I have the printed writings of our early church fathers; and they all agree with the 1,000 year millennium. Just to name a few and the date they quoted it:

Papias, Eusebius (c. 120), Justin Martyr (c. 160), Irenaeus (a disciple of Polycarp c. 180), Tertullian (c. 222), Hippolytus (c. 205), Origen (c. 225).

I do agree with one thing though... someone is lacking in understanding.

1 hour ago, Dennis1209 said:

I sure don't understand who and where you're getting your theology from? I have the printed writings of our early church fathers; and they all agree with the 1,000 year millennium. Just to name a few and the date they quoted it:

Papias, Eusebius (c. 120), Justin Martyr (c. 160), Irenaeus (a disciple of Polycarp c. 180), Tertullian (c. 222), Hippolytus (c. 205), Origen (c. 225).

I do agree with one thing though... someone is lacking in understanding.

I'm not sure if you understand but the church fathers did not write scriptures, nor were they infallible. If they believe in a sort of Millennial kingdom, all we have is fragments that cannot dictate doctrine for us, but if they did believe in a Millennial kingdom, then they didn't understand the completion of God's redemption in Jesus Christ.

Besides that, I don't read any Millennial kingdom in the scriptures, especially in rev. 20 where dispensationalists have mangled these scriptures to impose a belief that the scriptures do not teach. 

I wonder if you understand the biblical implication of this belief if it were true? Have we forgotten that God does not dwell physically among men because His perfect and limitless holiness forbids it? Besides that, God (Father, Son and Holy Spirit) have always reigned over His creation from heaven, so I don't understand why we believe this atrocity.

Psalm 22:28 (NASB95)

28 "For the kingdom is the Lord’s and He rules over the nations."

Psalm 47:2 (NASB95)

2 "For the Lord Most High is to be feared, a great King over all the earth."

Psalm 59:13 (NASB95)

13 "Destroy them in wrath, destroy them that they may be no more; that men may know that God rules in Jacob to the ends of the earth. Selah."

Ephesians 1:20–22 (NKJV)

"Which He worked in Christ when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly places,

21 far above all principality and power and might and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this age but also in that which is to come.

22 And He put all things under His feet, and gave Him to be head over all things to the church."

Luke 22:69 (NASB95)

69 “But from now on the Son of Man will be seated at the right hand of the power of God.”

God bless, 

6 hours ago, Adstar said:

2 Timothy 3: KJV

16 "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:"

ALL SCRIPTURE.. The Book of Revelation IS Scripture..

Or are you trying to deny that The Book of Revelation is scripture?

Of course! I agree with you 100%, but that does not take away the fact that the scriptures must be understood according to its own genre, not according to our whims. The Bible is full of metaphors, similes, poetry, allusions, etc., besides the fact that the culture, language and mindset of those days were different from our own self centered western mentality where we assume we are the center of all things. 

Rev. 20 does not say that Jesus will return to earth to rule for 1,000 literal years. Read it again and again until you get it. 

Edited by Gentle-Warrior