• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,488
  • Content Per Day:  1.43
  • Days Won:  0

Just now, dhchristian said:
38 minutes ago, Gentle-Warrior said:

I'm not interested in having a discussion about the kjv only cult.

I Am not in a cult, I am pointing out to you an error in using Sinaiticus Codex for translations. Ignorance is Bliss as they say... 

Here is the Link incase you failed to read it.

Some people don't believe that all of those "older and more accurate" Greek manuscripts floating around today are authentic documents. [Note: The emphases in the following sections ours.] When Codex Sinaiticus came out in the 1800s, Constantine Simonides, a well-known forger, claimed to have forged Codex Sinaiticus himself--

On 13 September 1862, in an article of The Guardian, he [Constantine Simonides] claimed that he is the real author of the Codex Sinaiticus and that he wrote it in 1839. According to him it was 'the one poor work of his youth'. According to Simonides, he visited Sinai in 1852 and saw the codex. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constantine_Simonides

Http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constantine_Simonides says this of Constantine Simonides--

Constantine Simonides (1820-1867), palaeographer, dealer of icons, man with extensive learning, knowledge of manuscripts, miraculous calligraphy. He surpassed his contemporaries in literary ability. According to opinion of paleographers, HE WAS THE MOST VERSATILE FORGER OF THE NINETEENTH CENTURY.

These manuscripts often seem to pop up in Roman Catholic edifices like monasteries. Where did Simonides spend his time? According to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constantine_Simonides--

Simonides lived in the monasteries on Mount Athos between 1839 and 1841 and again in 1852, during which time he acquired some of the biblical manuscripts that he later sold. He produced a lot of manuscripts ascribed to Hellenistic and early Byzantine periods. He forged a number of documents and manuscripts and CLAIMED THEY WERE THE ORIGINALS of the Gospel of Mark, as well as original manuscripts of poems of Homer. HE SOLD SOME OF THESE FORGERIES to the King of Greece. Greek scholars exposed his forgeries quickly and he left Greece and TRAVELED FROM COUNTRY TO COUNTRY WITH HIS FORGERIES. He visited England between 1853 and 1855 and other European countries, and his literary activity was extraordinary...Some of his works were published in Moscow, Odessa, in England...and in Germany. He also wrote many other works which were never published. From 1843 until 1856...ALL OVER EUROPE HE OFFERED FOR SALE FRAUDULENT MANUSCRIPTS PURPORTING TO BE OF ANCIENT ORIGIN. HE CREATED "A CONSIDERABLE SENSATION BY PRODUCING QUANTITIES OF GREEK MANUSCRIPTS PROFESSING TO BE OF FABULOUS ANTIQUITY...

This idea of a forged manuscript is reminiscent of the infamous "Donation of Constantine."

According to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Codex_Sinaiticus, "they" are still finding portions of Codex Sinaiticus in the 21st century. According to http://orthodoxwiki.org/Codex_Sinaiticus, Codex Sinaiticus was found in 1859 (other sources say that Constantin von Tischendorf found it in 1844 and 1859. As I recall, the bulk of it was found in 1859). When one looks at the dates, one sees a whole lot happening after the Congress of Vienna in 1815 (see Deception 23)...

According to http://www.codexsinaiticus.org/en/--

Codex Sinaiticus is one of the most important books in the world. Handwritten well over 1600 years ago, the manuscript contains the Christian Bible in Greek, including the oldest complete copy of the New Testament. Its HEAVILY CORRECTED TEXT is of outstanding importance for the history of the Bible and the manuscript -- the oldest substantial book to survive Antiquity -- is of supreme importance for the history of the book.

Some people will believe anything that somebody tells them--especially if they have some "credentials."

Also from codexsinaiticus.org (http://www.codexsinaiticus.org/en/codex/)--

The significance of Codex Sinaiticus for the RECONSTRUCTION OF THE Christian BIBLE'S original TEXT, the history of the Bible and the history of Western book-making is immense.

Reconstruction of the Bible... There are many church people who are fighting tooth and nail against the Authorized King James Bible and for modern corruptions which are ostensibly based on the "best manuscripts"--like Codex Sinaiticus.

In closing, a little about the man who found Codex Sinaiticus at St. Catherine's Monastery at Mount Sinai, Constantin von Tischendorf. From the internet--

Tischendorf was born in Lengenfeld, Saxony, near Plauen, the son of a physician. Beginning in 1834, he spent his scholarly career at the University of Leipzig where he was mainly influenced by JGB Winer, and HE BEGAN TO TAKE SPECIAL INTEREST IN NEW TESTAMENT CRITICISM

...HIS MAGNUM OPUS WAS THE "CRITICAL EDITION OF THE NEW TESTAMENT." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constantin_von_Tischendorf

https://www.jesus-is-lord.com/sinaiticus.htm

Now, Either James White Is Wrong, or the Link Above is Wong. Now you have both sides of the Debate.

Do Not falsely accuse me of Being a KJV only "cult Member" and I would not call them a cult, But they are brothers and sisters in Christ Jesus, Just Like those who Prefer the NASB, or other versions here. I am not telling you t0 be KJV Only Either, I am making a point about the Word Dispensations. The ASV, The WEB, NKJV all also use and translate the word as dispensation in Eph. 3:2, So it is not Just the KJV. A point that you cannot respond to, because your criticism is silly (That it is noun) and one that you cannot pin on Darby and Scofield, because the transaltional use of the word predates them by 400 years. So Your only tactic is diversion and false accusation, Which you have done here over and over again with everyone who comments to you.

Reprove not a scorner, lest he hate thee: rebuke a wise man, and he will love thee. Give instruction to a wise man, and he will be yet wiser: teach a just man, and he will increase in learning. (Proverbs 9:8-9)

The ear that heareth the reproof of life abideth among the wise. He that refuseth instruction despiseth his own soul: but he that heareth reproof getteth understanding. (Proverbs 15:31-32) 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  212
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

26 minutes ago, Tampered With said:

44 Bible Verses about Second Coming of Jesus Christ, Besides the Gospelshttp://ipost.christianpost.com/post/44-bible-verses-about-second-coming-of-jesus-christ-besides-the-gospels

BIBLE VERSES ABOUT JESUS SECOND COMING -  https://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/Bible-Verses-About-Jesus-Second-Coming/

The Millennial Reign of Jesus Christ

The prophets reveal the exact spot to which the Messiah, God’s anointed King, will return: “And in that day His feet will stand on the Mount of Olives, which faces Jerusalem on the east” (Zechariah 14:4). Starting with Jerusalem as His capital city, He will expand His reign to the world (Zechariah 14:9).

(Zechariah 14:16) see also Leviticus 23:33-44).

Zechariah 14:16 King James Version (KJV)

16 And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles.

Not all nations will immediately cooperate. Remember, Satan will have organized these same nations to fight Christ at His return. They will not quickly accept Him even after Satan is bound. Therefore Christ will “judge between the nations, and rebuke many people” (Isaiah 2:4). Early in Christ’s reign, strong measures still will be necessary to convince most nations that He intends to enforce the laws of God.

Revelation 2:27

And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father.

And how will Jesus inforce the nations to come to Israel and Jerusalem to and listen to the laws of God?

Zechariah 14:17

And it shall be, that whoever will not come up of all the families of the earth to Jerusalem to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, even on them shall be no rain.

The nations will quickly learn their very existence depends depends on obedience for only those nations that obey will receive G_d's blessings. Yeshua HaMashiach (Jesus Christ) is going to establish His throne in Jerusalem, Israel His capital; His rule will be the restored kingdom of Israel. The people of Israel will play a necessary role in helping other nations implement God’s ways along with the Saints that have come with Christ to be teachers and administrators in Jesus's regin. Once God has forgiven their sins, Jesus Christ will begin using a humbled and repentant Israel to spread the knowledge of God’s law to other nations. The whole world will gradually come under the administration of a unified code of law, the law of God. Jesus will coordinate this as He reigns over the nations from Jerusalem. The world will finally learn to obey God’s law.

The spiritual restoration of humanity is the most important transformation that will occur during this millennial period when the world is transformed. God’s Spirit will phenomenally transform people. Obedience will be widespread; people will exhibit honorable leadership and enjoy a stable society. Finally the barriers between Israel and other nations will fall. This will occur because all will eventually realize “there is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus” Galatians 3:28

And yet after learning under the leadership of the Son of G_d for a 1000 years once the son of perdition is loosed from his chains to temp those born during this time the majority follow him and not the ways of G_d they have learned. 

Try actually reading the Bible!

I'm done here. Opinions don't help your lost cause. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,272
  • Content Per Day:  2.10
  • Days Won:  4

5 hours ago, Gentle-Warrior said:

I hate dispensations not because it is a noun that only appears in the kjv and the njkv bibles. The noun simply means administration or stewardship. The issue is that dispensationalists go far beyond than merely quoting a noun from the kjv, but go on to divide the word of truth by separating Israel from the church. This is something that Paul clearly dealt with in Eph 2:11-22. 

Therefore, God has only one people today: The body of Christ that is composed of all the nations of the world including believing Jews. 

Are we in agreement now?

Not in agreement because your theory is mistaken. The truth is, the Jews and Hebrews themselves separated from the church by not recognizing that Jesus is their Messiah. I guess really the church separated from them because of their unbelief. But, it was God that caused blindness in part to come on them until the fullness of the Gentiles come in: then God is going to go right back after Israel in a big way. Do you not understand that the 70th week is for "Daniel's" people? the church will be in heaven, while God brings the Jews to the place where they will have NO OTHER OPTION but to call on God. I am sure you understand that today they trust in their IDF. Did you notice this verse?

And I heard the man clothed in linen, which was upon the waters of the river, when he held up his right hand and his left hand unto heaven, and sware by him that liveth for ever that it shall be for a time, times, and an half; and when he shall have accomplished to scatter the power of the holy people, all these things shall be finished.
breaking in pieces
shattering and crushing
the breaking
The power of the holy people will be broken
completely shattered
the power of God’s people has been crushed

When the nations of the world are in Israel to wipe her off the map, so to speak, and when finally Israel's IDF is defeated - when they have absolutely NO HOPE of survival as a nation - When all else has failed and they have ONLY PRAYER left - then Jesus comes and saves them.

This should give you an idea of God's plan. Did you notice how God addressed them?  "holy People!" This is far different than what you call them.

Bottom line? You would give them up, but God is going to get 1/3 of them saved.

I will agree, for the NOW, God has the church. But God calls the future as if it is NOW. So in the mind of God He also has the 1/3 of Israel that will come through the fire.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,191
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Birthday:  10/10/1947

On 9/11/2019 at 10:04 AM, Gentle-Warrior said:

You are not in any position to tell whether I have no idea what the bible teaches or not. It is you who is accusing me of hatred while all along I have been showing you what the word of God says, not what I think. 

I don't think I want to continue wasting my time with someone who is so caught up with loving the Jews as if they were an elite race. Everyone is free to come to Christ. The death of Jesus Christ on the cross has opened the doors of salvation for all peoples, including the Jews. These doors will continue to be open to all as long as this age exists.

I never once said I hate the Jews. The real issue here is that you hate what the word of God says about sinful Israel. Try reading Eze. 16 and be horrified what God says about them.

It's not me that accuses you of a lack of understanding, but your own words that testify against you.  In this too do you err.  

You have quoted scripture, but so have many others who do so for their own purpose - not God's.  You are correct in that you've never overtly admitted hatred of Jews (until now), but your acceptance and approval of dogma that rejects their rightful place as the chosen of God proves your heart's aberrant attitude. 

Jews ARE an elite race - the chosen of God.  Have you not read it in the Bible?  This is why you ought to doubt your own conclusions.  Those who join themselves to Christ become Jews in God's sight.  I've already quoted scripture about it, but if you're still unclear I can suggest entire chapters for your study.

Which leads me to an obvious question - if YOU do not love Jews (the people who have blessed all the families of the earth), then how do you justify denying them their rightful place in the center of God's redemptive plan for humanity?  You cannot for God has not.  

God has never abandoned His people Israel.  

The dogma that declares them to be abandoned is not of God.  It's called Replacement Theology.   Google it.  

I quoted scripture about that previously, which you ignore.  Instead you falsely accuse the messenger and deny the message.  God indeed has punished them for their adulterous attitude, but He NEVER abandoned them.  Those that hate Jews love to twist scripture and interpret limited displeasure and divine judgment to be permanent.  They subvert the plan of God and usurp the rightful inheritance they've been given.  If you are indeed a devoted student of scripture, as you claim, then you will not shrink from further study into this matter.  On the other hand, if you are an anti-semite you will continue to vomit falsehoods and misinterpretation to support an agenda that opposes the kingdom of heaven.

Then the LORD said, "My Spirit will not contend with humans forever, for they are mortal; - Genesis 6:3a

The open door of salvation is not forever available.  The Bible says so.  The opportunity for salvation closes at the time of physical death.  Therefore it is crucial for a sinner to humble himself before Christ and surrender to the Lordship of the King of the Jews.

The Bible states God's promise to Abraham in Genesis 12:3, "I will bless those who bless you and curse those who curse you, and in you shall all the families of the earth be blessed."

Your arrogant attitude opposing God's favor of Jews does not serve you well.  Indeed you may find yourself opposing God.  Read it again and meditate upon its meaning.  Curse the Jews and you will bring God's curses upon you in kind.   Bless them and you will find God's smile upon you.   What then is the blessing God promised to all the families of earth but salvation in the name of Yeshuah ha-mashiach (the Hebrew name of the Son of God - He who the gentiles call Jesus the Christ).

Repent of your ways, for they do not please God.  How do I know this?  I read the scripture and accept its words.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft... 

Edited by choir loft

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1,191
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Birthday:  10/10/1947

On 9/11/2019 at 3:20 PM, dhchristian said:

I Am not in a cult, I am pointing out to you an error in using Sinaiticus Codex for translations. Ignorance is Bliss as they say... 

I've responded as a reply to you, but my words are not aimed at you per se......

Do you have a lawyer?   Have you sought counsel of him in his office?   When you sat there did you notice his bookcases full of books?   

A good lawyer consuls many books and many variations of the law so as to arrive at a positive outcome for his client.

Likewise a sincere student of the Bible will not rest upon one single version alone, but consult very many.

In this is the wisdom of a student.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,488
  • Content Per Day:  1.43

Just now, choir loft said:
On 9/11/2019 at 3:20 PM, dhchristian said:

I've responded as a reply to you, but my words are not aimed at you per se......

Do you have a lawyer?   Have you sought counsel of him in his office?   When you sat there did you notice his bookcases full of books?   

A good lawyer consuls many books and many variations of the law so as to arrive at a positive outcome for his client.

Likewise a sincere student of the Bible will not rest upon one single version alone, but consult very many.

In this is the wisdom of a student.

We have Christ Jesus as our advocate, He gives us the Spirit of Truth, and he is the faithful and true witness. He is the True Author of those books, and He tells us the accurate translation of them. If the Spirit is not guiding you in your teaching you replace Him with multiple Scholars and men to teach you, and you lead yourself into error, by bringing in forgeries such as Sinaiticus, and heresies such as Gnosticism from the Alexandrian texts. 

12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. 13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual. 14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. (1 Cor. 2:12-14)

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Content Count:  433
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  04/24/1990

35 years studying scripture and you understand very little. At best your proclaiming replacement theology, at worst it's anti-Semitic hate spew. You are willfully ignorant of scriptire, and to be honest I wish I had the patience these other believers have in trying to explain to you your error. You will realize soon enough that God has not cast away his people, and that his love and plan for them has always been there and in effect. Your unwillingness to understand and accept this truth is disgusting.

20That is correct: They were broken off because of unbelief, but you stand by faith. Do not be arrogant, but be afraid. 21For if God did not spare the natural branches, He will not spare you either. 22Take notice, therefore, of the kindness and severity of God: severity to those who fell, but kindness to you, if you continue in His kindness. Otherwise you also will be cut off.…

On 9/5/2019 at 1:44 AM, Adstar said:

The Millennium is not undermined by any of the scriptures you quote..  The Millennium is firmly established in the Book of Revelation Chapter 20.. 

The Millennium is a fairly new doctrine that was never taught by the original church. Jesus, Lord of heaven and earth does not need to come down earth while He reigns in heaven over the earth. 

The belief of a Millennial kingdom reveals a lack of understanding of what Jesus accomplished in His perfect and complete redemption. 

49 minutes ago, Absolem said:

35 years studying scripture and you understand very little. At best your proclaiming replacement theology, at worst it's anti-Semitic hate spew. You are willfully ignorant of scriptire, and to be honest I wish I had the patience these other believers have in trying to explain to you your error. You will realize soon enough that God has not cast away his people, and that his love and plan for them has always been there and in effect. Your unwillingness to understand and accept this truth is disgusting.

20That is correct: They were broken off because of unbelief, but you stand by faith. Do not be arrogant, but be afraid. 21For if God did not spare the natural branches, He will not spare you either. 22Take notice, therefore, of the kindness and severity of God: severity to those who fell, but kindness to you, if you continue in His kindness. Otherwise you also will be cut off.…

So, what's your point?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  344
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,393
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

On 9/4/2019 at 5:41 PM, Gentle-Warrior said:

It is important to understand that the "last days" was also a holy announcement that the era of Israel as God's chosen people was over and done with forever as the end and the final judgment of the nation was around the corner (A.D. 70).

I stopped reading right here. I take it you believe in "replacement theology"?