Persevering

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  77
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,271
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Days Won:  1

Is anyone out there struggling with an illness or just does not feel well but still able to work and maintain a normal lifestyle?  I could use some encouragement.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  309
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0

48 minutes ago, Blue Lulu said:

Is anyone out there struggling with an illness or just does not feel well but still able to work and maintain a normal lifestyle?  I could use some encouragement.

Good morning Lulu :)

To me what your describing is the on-going human condition at any age. It could be the flu, allergies, the common cold, or maybe body aches. The list goes on.

For me what works best is close friends and a wonderful son who lift me up - especially one close Christian friend. My days are usually really very good, so I'm usually the one supporting someone else, raising them up in laughter, or being a good listener if they are struggling and showing honest empathy, offering help for anything they may need.

I don't usually make a big deal about my issues if I have any, as I have learned that God is with me and maybe my struggles are good for me, so I look for and ask God if I should learn something from what is happening, and I praise Him for whatever is going on. I also call my special Christian friend and ask for prayer, because for some reason God really seems to like answering their prayers for me. Those prayers ALWAYS work. I just love that. Nothing like having people in your life that love praying for you.

Lulu, I hope my words are encouraging and you have good people in your life to help carry your burdens. We all need those special people, who maybe even make us laugh, or who'll cry with us.

God bless you as you get more advise here - Dave :thumbsup:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

2 hours ago, Blue Lulu said:

There is trials and tribulations in our world and that includes illnesses. We can pray for you but what you really need is a daily relationship with God and that includes prayer. He will help you through your illness. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,190
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

16 hours ago, Blue Lulu said:

Hi Blue Lulu,

I do feel for you, as we all know what it is to have illness and difficulties and struggle in life. I think managing work with illness is very difficult. However if you have to work, then I would suggest -

- you keep close to the Lord,

- don`t let the enemy get you down with discouragement, as that can so quickly take any strength you may have,

- give yourself plenty of rest when not working. Don`t spen hours watch the TV, etc as that drains your energy.

- Relax in a warm bath and later listen to soothing music.

- Make meal times easy, but nourishing with protein, - eggs, cheese, meat, milk etc. Fresh fruit and salads, easy & give the body the right vitamins and minerals needed.

- Too many takeaways are not good and tend to make us tired.  

- Also make sure you have good snacks during the work time as that keeps your body fuelled and able to cope better. Often when not well we don`t feel like eating, so have a protein drink, (easy to digest) or nuts, etc to keep up your energy.

- Keep up the water as that enables our bodies to function properly. (8 glasses a day)

I have had CFS (Chronic Fatigue Syndrome) for many years and I have found those hints work well for me.

all the best, Marilyn.

• Loved it! 1

• Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,398
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

I'm disabled. My lifestyle is pretty far from normal but aside from the physical pain and bouts of depression I like my lifestyle more often than not. I'm not sure if that counts.

• This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1

2 hours ago, AnOrangeCat said:

I'm disabled. My lifestyle is pretty far from normal but aside from the physical pain and bouts of depression I like my lifestyle more often than not. I'm not sure if that counts.

Thank you, your words do encourage me. Praying for you.

4 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Blue Lulu,

I do feel for you, as we all know what it is to have illness and difficulties and struggle in life. I think managing work with illness is very difficult. However if you have to work, then I would suggest -

- you keep close to the Lord,

- don`t let the enemy get you down with discouragement, as that can so quickly take any strength you may have,

- give yourself plenty of rest when not working. Don`t spen hours watch the TV, etc as that drains your energy.

- Relax in a warm bath and later listen to soothing music.

- Make meal times easy, but nourishing with protein, - eggs, cheese, meat, milk etc. Fresh fruit and salads, easy & give the body the right vitamins and minerals needed.

- Too many takeaways are not good and tend to make us tired.  

- Also make sure you have good snacks during the work time as that keeps your body fuelled and able to cope better. Often when not well we don`t feel like eating, so have a protein drink, (easy to digest) or nuts, etc to keep up your energy.

- Keep up the water as that enables our bodies to function properly. (8 glasses a day)

I have had CFS (Chronic Fatigue Syndrome) for many years and I have found those hints work well for me.

all the best, Marilyn.

Thank you so much.  This is so helpful.  I will use this information daily.  I am a little confused about vitamins.  Is there someplace I can read up on what is a good brand?  

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

22 hours ago, Blue Lulu said:

COUNTLESS Christians are dealing with physical illness or past wounds and life hurts. We're all in this together!

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,190
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

On ‎9‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 9:10 PM, Blue Lulu said:

Thank you so much.  This is so helpful.  I will use this information daily.  I am a little confused about vitamins.  Is there someplace I can read up on what is a good brand?  

Hi Blue Lulu,

So glad that is helpful. As to vitamins, just a good multivitamin and a vitamin B tablet is very good for helping the body to function. Remember it is often easier to grab a sugary drink or food for quick energy but it soon makes the body slump, and we feel more tired. Thus I go for protein drinks (powder & mix in water) or cheese, fruit, nuts etc which give more strength for longer.

Also we can feel good for a while and then we can overdo it and the body becomes more tired the next day to make up for it. Thus I suggest you (we) pace yourself and factor in rest times or activities, like a walk in the park, to calm the nerves. Doing too much shopping can be a big drain on the nerves which then tires us out, so even sitting in the sun can give the body time to heal. Always on the go is not good for the mind, the body or the soul. The world is in overdrive and we have to consciously not do that, and manage our strength carefully.

all the best, Marilyn. 

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.32
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

On 9/5/2019 at 7:30 AM, Blue Lulu said:

There are four rules that I think help keep us healthy: Get enough rest. Get enough to eat. Stay comfortably warm. Stay away from tobacco.