IGNORED

what is your style of sharing the Gospel?

listener24

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,532
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

STYLE? Like with Gallagher?

Well I am somewhere between John the baptist, and Paul at the Areopagus. My "style" comes as the moment dictates to me without personal concern for end result.

My human heroes in sharing of Jesus our Lord and savior include a deacon  and friend that always responded to greetings of "How are you?"  with,  "Better than I deserve" and then he would explain. Also another man that starts each and every day with the prayer  that he be led to someone that is in need of hearing of Jesus that day.  He will then go about greeting on planes,  buses, and at stores, and most everywhere with "Hi I was asking today in morning prayer who I would meet today that will like to talk with me about my Lord Jesus, would that be you?"

I do love the bold people with big friendly  personalities that are not the least bit afraid to share with an unsaved world that they know God, and are bond-servants of Jesus their Lord and savior.

I so love the new to me community in the Smokey Mountains where so very many greet with Have a blessed day, and "The Lord has blessed me already this day has He blessed you yet today too?" From grocery store shelf stockers to fast food take out window workers they share of Jesus boldly as they work without missing a beat.

I do hope their encouragement will continue to embolden me as well for they bring me such joy. I do hope to share as they have shared, and not just receive the blessing they have been. May it become more deeply such a part of me that I do not even notice myself doing likewise as a "style". 

• Loved it! 2

• Group:  Catholic
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  591
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  0

On ‎9‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 12:01 PM, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Anybody with any sense would reject “ religion” . They need to here the Truth of the Gospel— The Kyrptonite  of Religion .

when did religion become a 4 letter word?

1521?

yes, probably... when the mere-human established a mere-human church

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  5

2 hours ago, createdequal said:

1521?

How long ago was it that Adam and Eve used fig leaves to “ cover” their sin? That was the first act of religion.God hated religion then.....he hates it now . “ Religion says “ look at what I am doing for God!......Give me  what I deserve!” God will tell them “ ok.....I will give you what you deserve- go to hell”.  Christianity says , “ I deserve nothing but an Eternity in Hell, Thank you for shedding your Blood for me.....thank you for your AMAZING Grace!”

• Group:  Catholic
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  591
  • Content Per Day:  0.34

30 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

How long ago was it that Adam and Eve used fig leaves to “ cover” their sin? That was the first act of religion.God hated religion then.....he hates it now . “ Religion says “ look at what I am doing for God!......Give me  what I deserve!” God will tell them “ ok.....I will give you what you deserve- go to hell”.  Christianity says , “ I deserve nothing but an Eternity in Hell, Thank you for shedding your Blood for me.....thank you for your AMAZING Grace!”

whatever.

I have been following Jesus for many years and have been through.. you wouldn't believe what.. Why do you assume that I myself assume I am going to Heaven? I have often had the thought that I do not deserve to be there.. I have it almost every day.

And none of us does deserve it. You are so certain that those who adhere to "religion" are.. as you describe..

It seems there is an awful lot of presumption going on.. people presuming to know the condition of the souls of those around them.. simply by reading a few words said souls have written

Edited by createdequal

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  5

I have Two words for you—— “Pish Posh”

Your post was about as clear as mud.....I don’t see how it relates to mine at all.please concentrate on writing more clearly so I can respond properly.Or just ignore me. Whatever.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,014
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,276
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

12 hours ago, createdequal said:

1521?

Friend, I take it that you are Catholic.   So would you share Christ with others or would you share your Church?   Only Jesus saves...faith in Him, in what He did for us.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,398
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

Debating has typically been the main way for me when it comes to strangers. Kind of funny since I'm normally very averse to arguments of any sort. With friends and family it's normally more of a share by example style.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  407
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

I enjoyed reading how everyone else shares the gospel with others; these are all very good ways!  I participate in a direct approach as well:

"And how I kept back nothing that was profitable unto you, but have shewed you, and have taught you publicly, and from house to house" (KJV).  

Just knocking on the doors of my neighbors is an excellent way to spread the kingdom news.  The least they can say is "I'm not interested."  

• Brilliant! 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  904
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,642
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

Grab 'em by the tie and tell 'em "You must be born again!"

If they balk, I hold 'em over a cliff by the tie.

They cry out, "Oh my God!"

And I say... "Now you're talkin'. Now we can discuss your eternal options realistically.  "

Edited by JohnD
  • Haha 3

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  21
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

LOL, John, I like that! 

I kill them with love and light and kindness until "they want what I have".... and what I have, is Jesus.  

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1