IGNORED

How can I believe after read certainly things here?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I'm NOT an atheist, I'm someone strongly struggling. I came to this forum today and became scared at seeing people here saying things like "evolution didn't happen", "Old Earth is a lie", "Dinosaurs didn't existed (WHAT?)"... Atheists constantly claim Christians are irrational and delusional, and seeing this sort of things here is scaring me.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

2 minutes ago, Felipe said:

I'm NOT an atheist, I'm someone strongly struggling. I came to this forum today and became scared at seeing people here saying things like "evolution didn't happen", "Old Earth is a lie", "Dinosaurs didn't existed (WHAT?)"... Atheists constantly claim Christians are irrational and delusional, and seeing this sort of things here is scaring me.

Welcome to Worthy, Felipe.  Some people don't believe dinorsaurs existed.  A few believe the earth is flat and that men walking on the moon is a hoax.  Most of us are not irrational.  As to the time that has past, the measurements of past time are not dependable.  There are scientists that have serious doubts about the current theories of evolution, especially of "big bang".    Many theories of evolution have disproven themselves.  However, any thought to the contrary is ridiculed by the establishment and those scientists are often blackballed.

There are no "missing links".  There have been many times they have claimed to have been found but the peers of those scientist have disproven them.  After you have lived a few decades you discover that our knowledge is constantly changing and that which seems a fact today is disproven tomorrow.  No knowledge is certain.

That being said there have been some fairly complete skeletons of dinosaurs discovered-enough to be pretty certain that they did exist.  

The Bible tells us that to God 1000 years are like a day.  He created everything before time existed and He created time itself.  Our God is beyond our comprehension.  

The bottom line is:  do you need to be forgiven?  Do you know that your Creator is a holy God Who demands perfection?   The Bible tells us there is only one way for you to be forgiven, and that is the plan provided by God Himself.  No one can be good enough to be forgiven or to escape eternal punishment.  No other religion on earth provides a way for man to be forgiven and to give him a new start, a new life that is satisfying and full of love joy and peace in spite of the circumstances we live in.  Moreover, it involves not in escaping from life but in embracing eternal life.  I challenge you to search for the God that we worship, your Creator.

• Loved it! 2
  • Brilliant! 1

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,010
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,205
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

Good answer, Willa.   Yes, Creationist scientists are not allowed to teach in universities so, of course, they are turning out more evolutionists.

Felipe, check out the Institute for Creation Research (icr.org).   Dr. Morris and the other scientists there provide excellent articles and scientific proof re creation.   They also have some interesting scientific videos...for example, I saw one on the complexity of a single cell in our bodies, which points to a Creator.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Felipe said:

Becoming a Christian is a personal response to the Message of God as revealed through the Holy Bible.. It is NOT and never has been a personal response to what religous person this or religious person that says... You will find internal debate between Christians over many different topics like the one you have mentioned above in this quote..

Also why should you fear what another person believes about the age of the earth or the subject of dinosaurs ?  will your life be threatened because someone's belief in regard to dinosaurs? does another persons belief take away your freedom to believe as you believe??  No of course not.. It is irrational to fear another persons opinion especially if they are holding no gun to your head trying to enforce their belief upon you..

Anyway i hope you spend more time considering all the varied positions put forward in this forum and that you also take it as the thoughts of people who's interpretation of scriptures may or may not be correct..  But know this.. The Message of God as revealed in the Holy Bible is the Message that in the end needs to be responded to, Either by embracing it or rejecting it.. 

May The Holy Spirit move you to the Point of decision and may you believe the love of the truth of the Gospel of our LORD Jesus Christ..

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

4 hours ago, Felipe said:

Do you believe in evolution?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  1

5 hours ago, Felipe said:

Shalom Felipe, 

I have done research into the claims of evolutionary science and creation science for many years now. My conclusion is that no, evolution didn't happen - it's barely a theory (leaning more towards a hypothesis) with no sufficient evidence to support it.  Yes, dinosaurs did exist (actually coexisted with man) see this page for a brief summary: https://faithandtheword.com/dinosaurs/

As for the "old earth being a lie", I'm not exactly sure what you mean. If you are referring to the dramatic changes in the environment, as found in the fossil record, then yes, indeed the earth was different prior to Noah's flood. 

But putting this all aside for now, what do you think is truly causing you to "strongly struggle"? Is it the way many Christians are uneducated in such things? Is it how smart the atheists seem to be or their mockery? Or is it perhaps something else, at the core? 

Love & Shalom 

• Loved it! 1
  • Thanks 2

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  788
  • Content Per Day:  0.25

5 hours ago, Felipe said:

Christian forums are not really representative of Christianity. There are plenty of Christians who do believe in evolution, an old earth and dinosaurs. These are matters of personal interpretation of Genesis, not essentials of the faith.

You might like to check out the Biologos website as well as the 'creationist' ones.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

• Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,602
  • Content Per Day:  4.02
  • Days Won:  21

7 hours ago, Felipe said:

Welcome. Not surprising you are having a scary time. Life is scary and the closer one gets to the truth, the more perilous seems the path. None of us has a complete handle on what is truly going on. Universities have been taken over by many 'sciences' that are really just hype.. you know, say it often enough and loud enough and the people will believe it.

I see you are not taken in by all this and would like to learn about reality.

Well, keep reading our irrational stuff and if the Lord is calling to you, you will know it. I hope that is sooner rather than later because in spite of all the hype, all of us will one day die. Now THAT can be very scary, especially if you have no understanding of where you will go.

Blessings.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

8 hours ago, Felipe said:

Where to start Felipe.....    First of all, this is a discussion board where people come to express ideas.   and keep in mind that not everyone here is a born again Christian so you are going to get ideas from all over the spectrum.     As for whether or not evolution happened or not, there are huge studies about that, that have been tossed around for generation upon generation.   Personally I have not really seen any hard evidence that it happened the way most evolutionists think....     the main problem is that our school systems teach that it is a fact and forget that evolution really is just still a theory.

Old Earth, New Earth is somewhat the same way.....    we have theoretical math and physics that tell us that time is dependent on the speed of things moving.....   so what to we know about the physics of the world when it started.....    close to the speed of light a billion years was just yesterday to the things moving at that speed....     We really don't know enough about the universe to understand....     we see things as they are now in our space and time and try to fit what we see into that frame of existence….     but it is all real...   ??????

I can tell you that dinosaurs were real....   I've seen their remains.....   touched their bones.   We have found whole woolly mammoths frozen so we could even give them autopsy's.  

Where did they go.....   some say they were destroyed by some asteroid that wiped out their food supply some time ago.....    and it could be just as simply as they died in the flood...  The Bible doesn't go into much detail about the things going on in the world prior to the flood other than it was totally corrupt.....   so we really don't know for sure even what it was like environmentally before the flood.    There are many things we see that make us think that the earth is billions of years old, but the reality is we don't know enough about the universe to declare anything absolute truth....       In my lifetime many things in the science field that was supposedly settled theory has had to be changed from learning new things.

And with all that it should be no surprise that you will see many things here on worthy that may be confusing if you take everything said here as "Gods absolute truth".   I've been an avid conspiracy theorist for about 60 years now.   Started when I was 12 or so and I  have learned personally that about 80% of all the conspiracies I've looked into are just simply not true....    Physics are pretty much like those conspiracy theories.....     (We don't have the real story so we look to see how it "could" have happened and see if it fits into what we can see and test today.    However since we don't really know if things we can do and measure today were the same physically 5,000 years ago....    it just seems that way today..

So, what is a Christian to do....    You read the Bible and decide for yourself those things that you are struggling with....   given time you can work it all out.

I'll give you an example that I worked through.   When god made all the animals how did he do it?    Evolution says that we started from some single cell an over billions of years the changed in genes made things change into different species....     I personally think that when God made all the animals, he simply made life....   and he flipped a few million genes and had an elephant,  flipped a few more and had a cow and a few more and had a horse....   and each of those things were made to reproduce their own kind....    until it got to humans.   Humans he made separately and not just out of the mass of life that he started with....    Yep he did use the same genetic makeup, but this time he made us in his own image...  gave us the ability to think and learn an communicate so we could be a part of his family... interface with him and show respect and love...   How long did that take....    well that would depend on the frame of the onlooker and how fast it was moving through the universe.....    at todays speed a billion years to us....   to the speed that things were going at the beginning....   who knows....

There are also theories that make very good sense that the Earth has been destroyed by flooding more than once....    Where the Bible picks up is not necessarily a creation story but a refurbishing of things that was destroyed.   that's too long of a story to get into here, but it is really interesting to research.

What was before Genesis 1:2....    I personally don't think we can know with todays knowledge...   but we can theorize just as Evolutionists can....   and it makes more sense than evolution to me.

Just remember that our bible is an introduction to the Father, Son and Holy spirit and how we should live to be a part of their world.   It's not a science book and it is written in the language and overall cosmology of the time period it was written....     so one really needs to understand the history and thought processes of those people at the time it was written to grasp all the context of what we read in the Bible.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,272
  • Content Per Day:  1.73

As has been said Christianity is not about evolution or creation or dinosaurs etc but about Jesus.

If you are serious about finding answes may I suggest that you check out the christianityexplored web site for a church running this course in your area and get in touch with them.

This will let you talk with people about Christianity and to investigate what Christianity is about.

A far better idea than reading the weird and wacky posts you'll find here.

• Haha 1