IGNORED

Afraid of going to hell. How can I resolve this issue?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Hello, everyone. Now just a few words about myself. I'm 30, male and have been a Christian for nearly 13 years (backslid twice, then got back to God). 

I've actually been struggling with horrible anxiety attacks for many years, and the scariest part of it is, everytime it seems to me that I am going to die soon - which is typical for many panic attack sufferers - I get terribly afraid of not just dying but also of ending up in hell once I die. I've asked my church to pray for me and I've even talked with many pastors and all they said was I should totally rely on God and have faith and trust in Him. Which I completely agree with but.. it doesn't seem to help, honestly. And yes, I know that God is loving, merciful and is willing to forgive and save but the thing is, the Bible actually says that only few people get saved, right? Often when I read the Bible I can see that it is - even though not impossible - but still extremely difficult to get saved. 

Well, I realize that God is the only one who can save and there's really nothing I can do other than repent and follow Jesus sincerely but even if you do what if you're still not holy or righteous enough? The Bible says clearly: "Nothing impure will ever enter it (heaven), nor will anyone who does what is shameful or deceitful, but only those whose names are written in the Lamb’s book of life." (Revelation 21:27).

Also, to tell you the truth, lately I've started to struggle with the very concept of hell. See, you probly heard that like a thousand times or more but I just can't help but want to ask again: How can a loving God that loves all the people so much still let most of them go to a place of eternal torturte?

Appreciate your answers and advice.

Mikhail

Edited by Mikhail
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Praying! 3

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,018
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,302
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

24 minutes ago, Mikhail said:

there's really nothing I can do other than repent and follow Jesus sincerely but even if you do what if you're still not holy or righteous enough? 

Friend, are you trusting in what Jesus did for you?   Or are you trusting in your works to save you?

If you have asked for forgiveness and are trusting in Christ as your Savior, you are forgiven and are a child of God.   Christ takes our sins and gives us His righteousness.   This is called Imputed Righteousness.   God no longer sees your sins but the righteousness of Christ in regards to you.

Of course, we try to walk with the Lord daily, but our righteousness cannot save us.

Maybe once you have the above assurance, it will help with your panic attacks?

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

You know you are saved? If you believe on the Lord Yeshua/Jesus, you are saved.

The nasty little 'suggestions' you mention are smoke and mirrors from the adversary to rob you of your joy.

Normal stuff. Do not sweat it at all. It happens to us all from time to time. The battle is always in the mind, so see it for what it is A BATTLE. If you were really going to hell, why all the fuss? Think about it logically. If you were really going there why warn you?

Take charge of your mind and unplug from the world a bit. Read John over and over. Hell is not for you, and the adversary hates that fact.

Edited by Justin Adams

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,098
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

1 hour ago, Mikhail said:

that it is - even though not impossible - but still extremely difficult to get saved.

Rom 10:1-11

10 Brethren, my heart's desire and prayer to God for Israel is, that they might be saved.

2 For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge.

3 For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.

4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.

5 For Moses describeth the righteousness which is of the law, That the man which doeth those things shall live by them.

6 But the righteousness which is of faith speaketh on this wise, Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven? (that is, to bring Christ down from above:)

7 Or, Who shall descend into the deep? (that is, to bring up Christ again from the dead.)

8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;

9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
KJV

It seems to me that this isn't all that difficult.  Have you confessed that Jesus is your Lord.    In verse 4 are you among those that are trying to establish your own righteousness....   that's what it sounds like and if so there is no wonder that you have panic attacks because it won't work....    

Of course if one confesses with their mouth that Jesus is their Lord, then they do have to let him be their Lord....   Pray and set up a relationship with him.

But just remember there isn't anything you can personally do to keep out of hell...…    you just have to believe, ask and trust him.   It's not that hard...

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, Mikhail said:

Well, I realize that God is the only one who can save and there's really nothing I can do other than repent and follow Jesus sincerely but even if you do what if you're still not holy or righteous enough? The Bible says clearly"Nothing impure will ever enter it (heaven), nor will anyone who does what is shameful or deceitful, but only those whose names are written in the Lamb’s book of life." (Revelation 21:27).

Hello Mikhail :emot-highfive:

Those who follow Jesus Believe Jesus and Trust in the Atonement He secured on the cross for the forgiveness of all their sins...  They are not relying on their personal feelings of rightiousness but trusting that the covering of the Blood of the Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the Word is taking away all their sins so that when they stand before the LORD on the day of judgement they be seen by God as being white as snow ( sinless ).. 

If one trusts in the worthiness and perfect righteousness of Jesus for their place with God in eternity, one can be very confident indeed and have no fear.. But if one is relying on their own efforts at being good and worthy one should be in great fear and anxiety because that is the way to the second death..

So understand and believe that Jesus causes us to be Deemed Holy in the Eyes of God because we Believe and Trust in Him..

• Thumbs Up 3
  • This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,299
  • Content Per Day:  1.72

You have asked about three things, anxiety attacks, whether you will go to hell and whether hell is fair?

1. Anxiety attacks, have you spoken to your doctor, are there any things you know will trigger them, do you have techniques that will help you recover from an attack?

2, Will you go to Hell?  What are you depending onm to stop you going there? If you are trusting in Jesus for your salvation, the next time you have a panic attack, start thanking God for your salvation, for sending Jesus to die in your place, for rising  from the dead as a sign that he had finished the work of salvation, a\nd thank him for your promised place in heaven.

Rather than worry be proactive going over what it is you are trusting in and thanking God for it.

3, is Hell fair?  Turn it arround would any of your family, friends, work mates etc who are not Christian enjoy coming to church with you?

Extend it further, would they enjoy being in the prescence of a Holy God.

Why do you want people who hate God to be compelled to be in his prescence.

If they are free to reject Jesus they have to accept the eternal consquence of that choice.

Ultimately it is do you trust in Gods justice and mercy or not?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,488
  • Content Per Day:  1.41

17 hours ago, Mikhail said:

Hello, everyone. Now just a few words about myself. I'm 30, male and have been a Christian for nearly 13 years (backslid twice, then got back to God). 

I've actually been struggling with horrible anxiety attacks for many years, and the scariest part of it is, everytime it seems to me that I am going to die soon - which is typical for many panic attack sufferers - I get terribly afraid of not just dying but also of ending up in hell once I die. I've asked my church to pray for me and I've even talked with many pastors and all they said was I should totally rely on God and have faith and trust in Him. Which I completely agree with but.. it doesn't seem to help, honestly. And yes, I know that God is loving, merciful and is willing to forgive and save but the thing is, the Bible actually says that only few people get saved, right? Often when I read the Bible I can see that it is - even though not impossible - but still extremely difficult to get saved. 

Well, I realize that God is the only one who can save and there's really nothing I can do other than repent and follow Jesus sincerely but even if you do what if you're still not holy or righteous enough? The Bible says clearly: "Nothing impure will ever enter it (heaven), nor will anyone who does what is shameful or deceitful, but only those whose names are written in the Lamb’s book of life." (Revelation 21:27).

Also, to tell you the truth, lately I've started to struggle with the very concept of hell. See, you probly heard that like a thousand times or more but I just can't help but want to ask again: How can a loving God that loves all the people so much still let most of them go to a place of eternal torturte?

Good advice here from all who posted, I am going to Post just one verse for you to think about, When you understand this verse, you will have peace.

For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him. (2 Cor. 5:21)

Read this chapter to get the context of this verse, and then memorize the verse, and every time you have an anxious thought like this, step back and recite this verse. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

21 hours ago, Mikhail said:

Mikhail

If you are afraid of going to hell then you would want to make sure that you believe in Jesus Christ and that He died on the cross for your sins. Have faith and trust that if you are genuine in your faith in Jesus Christ you will go to heaven.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

21 hours ago, Mikhail said:

Mikhail

Only many years of bad teaching can get you to the point that you are at

If you want to reverse things and find rest in the finished work of the Cross by solid , intelligent Bible teaching please do yourself the biggest favor you will ever do for yourself in this lifetime......go to “ getgodsgift.org”  and listen to Andrew Farley on You Tube.God Bless....