• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

19 minutes ago, john1 said:

The bible is a very complex book, not easy to understand after reading it 100 times, I've read it 2 or maybe 3 hundred by  now.

If you read it once it looks like it's all about sin, or lack of sin.

I started reading the bible when I was 21, that was 37 years ago, now I study it 30 or 40 hours a week.

Look at john chapter 8 verse 31,32

To the jews who believed him Jesus said if you hold to my teaching you will know the truth and the truth will set you free.

In 1 John chapter 4 verse 8 and 16

It says God is love.

Ephesians chapter 1 verse 4 For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love

And 1 Peter chapter 4 verse 8
Love covers a great many sins.

Now can you honestly tell me your perfect like God, if you are it's only through love but I don't think anyone can claim that, because there's many verses that say everyone sins.

Here is an opportunity for you to avoid great sorrow. The world wants you to exalt vileness. Don't do it.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

A reminder that political debate is supposed to be in the political forum, where it is more closely moderated. Lets not derail this topic into a discussion of politicians.

Also a reminder of the terms of service, calling world leaders names is not acceptable. Disagree with politicies but no insults or name calling of them.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.55

19 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

Also a reminder of the terms of service, calling world leaders names is not acceptable. Disagree with politicies but no insults or name calling of them.

I did not mean to go against the terms of service. My apologies.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

30 minutes ago, ReneeIW said:

I did not mean to go against the terms of service. My apologies.

Me neither......apologies....may God forgive me.....I hate him and I get carried away....

• Haha 1

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,165
  • Content Per Day:  1.22

1 John 3:15

Love One Another
14We know that we have passed from death to life, because we love our brothers. The one who does not love remains in death. 15Everyone who hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that eternal life does not reside in a murderer. 16 By this we know what love is: Jesus laid down His life for us, and we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers.

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

7 minutes ago, 1to3 said:

Love One Another
14We know that we have passed from death to life, because we love our brothers. The one who does not love remains in death. 15Everyone who hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that eternal life does not reside in a murderer. 16 By this we know what love is: Jesus laid down His life for us, and we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers.

He ain’t my “ brother.

You’ve probably heard it: ‘God hates the sin, but loves the sinner’. Is this true? What does God say in His word?

“The scriptures are full of statements where God loves the world so His love is extended (John 3:16). The very action of sending Jesus is an action of love for humanity, so we cannot diminish that.”

“But at the same time, His righteous anger is incited against sin. So He does not like us just the way we are, He accepts us just the way we are. But He expects us to become more like Christ when we put our faith in the Gospel. There’s a tension there that has to be respected, and I think this phrase captures a little bit of that.”

We know God is love (1 John 4:8). We also know God that He is just, and therefore hates evil (Psalm 5:4-6).

He truly does hate the sin, and if you commit yourself to unrepentant sin — that you’re just going to do it and think God loves you that way — you are really mistaken. Yet at the same time He does love us. We can’t get into this judgmental kind of attitude to say, the wrath of God is to be poured out, and terrify people, scare them half to death. He reaches out to us in a heart of love through Jesus Christ.

This is where the good news of the Gospel comes in.

“To understand God’s love, look at what He did to provide a way for you to be at peace with Him. He did it all through the Lord Jesus Christ: if that’s not love, I don’t know what love is. He didn’t do anything wrong himself but he took our punishment.”

“If someone is on death row and they’re awaiting execution, and Jesus comes in and volunteers to take their place — to die in their place so that they can be released and live — wouldn’t you respond to that with the greatest of gratitude?”

“That’s the tip of the spear of the gospel, it’s the love of God, and I don’t think we should ever stray from that. But as soon as you start talking about the need to be saved, you get into sin, and the problem that we have: that we are alienated from God because of our rebellion, so we do need Him to initiate reconciliation through His love.”

https://myktis.com/2017/10/god-hate-sin-love-sinner/

1 Samuel 15:23

23 For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry. Because thou hast rejected the word of the Lord, he hath also rejected thee from being king.

Edited by 1to3

13 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:
  21 minutes ago, 1to3 said:

Love One Another

13 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

He ain’t my “ brother.

Pray tell, who is your brother?

1 hour ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Me neither......apologies....may God forgive me.....I hate him and I get carried away....

I ask this only because I am concerned for you spiritually, but is hate proper for a Christian? We are not to hate our enemies, as I think you view him as. We are to love our enemies. This is something every Christian should consider whenever faced with someone our worldly selves wish to hate.