johnthebaptist

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  5

Homos are free to do what they want.I don’t lose any sleep over them—- just do not try to tell me it ain’t a sin...it IS...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  51
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

16 hours ago, johnthebaptist said:

But it's homosexuality and abortion on demand that are being exalted. If you say anything uncomplimentary about homosexuality, they say you are a homophobe or Christo-Nazi.

And who does that labeling actually harm?  You?  Or the people doing the labeling.

They brand you as a homophobe because you do not accept their amoral position.    Who pays the price in the Hereafter?  Them, or you?

I find your choice of a handle offensive because you are not John the Baptist.

17 hours ago, johnthebaptist said:

Or are we missing the point? Is it about EXALTING homosexuality and EXALTING abortion on demand and EXALTING coveting your neighbor's hedge shears?

You are missing the point.  Jesus plainly says that any sexual sin is worse than than stealing your neighbors hedge shears.  Because you willingly involve someone else in your sin. 

You can sleep with your neighbors wife.  That is a much worse sin than stealing that same neighbor's hedge shears because you have defiled yourself, and your neighbor's wife through your act of using her, sexually.  The theft of the hedge shears can debase no one but you.

The sins you are fixated on anger God extremely, but they are not the only ones He abhors.  He also abhors sins that people repeatedly fail to speak out about beyond abortion and homosexuality.

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.32
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

35 minutes ago, Exegesis said:

And who does that labeling actually harm?  You?  Or the people doing the labeling.

They brand you as a homophobe because you do not accept their amoral position.    Who pays the price in the Hereafter?  Them, or you?

I find your choice of a handle offensive because you are not John the Baptist.

And if church leaders and political leaders exalt the abomination of homosexuality, what harm does it do for me to bring that to light? It might help clarify things for someone who is confused by this.

27 minutes ago, Exegesis said:

You are missing the point.  Jesus plainly says that any sexual sin is worse than than stealing your neighbors hedge shears.  Because you willingly involve someone else in your sin. 

You can sleep with your neighbors wife.  That is a much worse sin than stealing that same neighbor's hedge shears because you have defiled yourself, and your neighbor's wife through your act of using her, sexually.  The theft of the hedge shears can debase no one but you.

The sins you are fixated on anger God extremely, but they are not the only ones He abhors.  He also abhors sins that people repeatedly fail to speak out about beyond abortion and homosexuality.

I don't think I am missing the point. I think it is good to expose evil.  People will be less likely to do evil things if we define what evil is for them.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

24 minutes ago, Exegesis said:

You are missing the point.  Jesus plainly says that any sexual sin is worse than than stealing your neighbors hedge shears. 

I must have missed these particular passages of scriptures. Could you post them for our benefit? 

25 minutes ago, Exegesis said:

He also abhors sins that people repeatedly fail to speak out about beyond abortion and homosexuality.

We were never requested of the Lord to carry protest signs and rail against determined women at abortion clinics. Nor are we asked to gather massively to rant at Gay Pride parades. 

1 hour ago, Exegesis said:

1 hour ago, johnthebaptist said:

I don't think I am missing the point. I think it is good to expose evil.  People will be less likely to do evil things if we define what evil is for them.

The Lord's commandments are meant to help us find the way. Shouldn't we let people know what those commandments are, rather than keep them a secret?

• 5 months later...

On 9/12/2019 at 7:58 AM, BeauJangles said:

I must have missed these particular passages of scriptures. Could you post them for our benefit? 

We were never requested of the Lord to carry protest signs and rail against determined women at abortion clinics. Nor are we asked to gather massively to rant at Gay Pride parades. 

You must have.  Try reading 1 Corinthians chapter 6.

On 9/12/2019 at 9:25 AM, johnthebaptist said:

The Lord's commandments are meant to help us find the way. Shouldn't we let people know what those commandments are, rather than keep them a secret?

Perhaps you can show me where I said we should keep these things a secret?  What I am saying is many people who rail against "sin" have a pet sin they constantly whinge about, but they ignore others.  Homosexuality is not the only sexual sin.

8 minutes ago, Exegesis said:

Perhaps you can show me where I said we should keep these things a secret?  What I am saying is many people who rail against "sin" have a pet sin they constantly whinge about, but they ignore others.  Homosexuality is not the only sexual sin.

No, but homosexuality is the only sin I'm aware of that pastors are claiming isn't a sin, from their pulpits.