• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  24
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/11/1989

The Jehovah's Witnessess just knocked on my door. In your opinion, are they Christians? What are your opinions about them and what do you do if they knock on your door? 

Edited by Khaz

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

What makes a Christian? A Christian is someone who believes in Jesus, as the bible describes Him. Jws deny the diety of Jesus. That is a salvational error. So the answer is no, they are not Christian. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

57 minutes ago, Khaz said:

The Jehovah's Witnessess just knocked on my door. In your opinion, are they Christians? What are your opinions about them and what do you do if they knock on your door? 

No, they are not Christian even though they say that they are. They are a cult. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Oy Vey! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  788
  • Content Per Day:  0.25

The Jehovahs Witness movement is not Christian.

However, there may be a few individuals within it who are. (I have heard that there are JWs who convert but are afraid to actually leave the organisation. I've also met one who alternated between the JWs and an 'ordinary' church). For that reason I would never tell a JW to their face that they are not a Christian - unless I knew them well.

Because we know the Bible very well, when JWs knock on our door we always invite them in and offer them coffee. We've had a few good conversations over the years.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

25 minutes ago, Deborah_ said:

The Jehovahs Witness movement is not Christian.

However, there may be a few individuals within it who are. (I have heard that there are JWs who convert but are afraid to actually leave the organisation. I've also met one who alternated between the JWs and an 'ordinary' church). For that reason I would never tell a JW to their face that they are not a Christian - unless I knew them well.

We can quickly ascertain if a JW is a JW.. All we need do is ask them if they believe in all the official doctrines affirmed by the JW church?

You can ask the same thing to a catholic if they believe all the official doctrines of the catholic church?

If they reply, Yes i do. Then you can know they are not Christians.. If they answer no then you can start a conversation about the things they do not believe and depending what those things are we can move on with them from there..

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  788
  • Content Per Day:  0.25

1 hour ago, Adstar said:

We can quickly ascertain if a JW is a JW.. All we need do is ask them if they believe in all the official doctrines affirmed by the JW church?

You can ask the same thing to a catholic if they believe all the official doctrines of the catholic church?

If they reply, Yes i do. Then you can know they are not Christians.. If they answer no then you can start a conversation about the things they do not believe and depending what those things are we can move on with them from there..

Yes, you can do that if you're having a private conversation. But when they come door-knocking they are always in pairs, so neither will tell you anything outside the official JW 'line', even if they don't believe it all. 

I don't ask the question; I just assume that they aren't Christians and talk about whatever subject comes up (but try to steer away from non-essential doctrines).

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,010
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,205
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

No, they aren't Christian.   They were founded in 1870.   They have their own translation Bible which has verses that are translated to suit their own doctrine....such as denying the deity of Christ.   They have peculiar teachings such as not celebrating birthdays or holidays, not taking blood transfusions, and they are required to go door to door or stand on street corners to gain converts.

Our building is locked so I don't get any.   A couple of times some Spanish speaking ones came...not sure if they were JWs or some Spanish speaking church members.   As soon as they found out I was English speaking, they left.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,602
  • Content Per Day:  4.02
  • Days Won:  21

OK. This is a tricky question. Many in the JW church do not buy into it, any more than nominal Christians in any church. They are difficult to really talk with since there is much bondage in that organization. Maybe whole families are thus entrapped. Their doctrines are a series of absolute 'facts' and anyone not towing the line is in jeopardy of being shunned. It is a horrible existence if you ever have free thoughts. Be kind and understanding because there is not much love in their organization - just works.

See anyone for who God made them. In His Image. They were worth dying for so they are worth our efforts to reach. Being a human in our days is a very complex and many layered existence. Never dismiss another human because of what you think, or what they say. None of us has it completely correct anyway.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

8 hours ago, Khaz said:

Here is what their website says about Jesus:

https://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/questions/about-jesus/

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,272
  • Content Per Day:  1.73

No they are not Christian, they donot believe that Jesus is the Son of God and the believe that one must earn ones salvation, that only they are Christians.

Do your research about what they believe and about how to witness to them before talking to them. They are trained in talking about what they believe and will tie you in knots.

A verse to remember 23Cor13:Examine yourselves to see whether you are in the faith; test yourselves. Do you not realize that Christ Jesus is in you—unless, of course, you fail the test?

They donot have Jesus living in them challenge them with this and with your testimony.