• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

1 hour ago, Sonshine☀️ said:

This is most definitely fiction.  Why not read the Bible and learn the facts (the truth) about the story of Adam and Eve?  

I am with you. I don't think it is a good idea to put your own ideas to what is in the Bible. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  536
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, JustPassingThru said:

Please don't include me in your all, ...I'm a born again child of God, ...every day I walk in perfect Love, every day is delightful, and not only am I walking physically with God ...but spiritually too, ...just like Adam and Eve, ...but even more than them, ...the Holy Spirit is dwelling inside of me, I have relinquished all authority in and for my life to Him, He now lives His life through me, ...the only difference between myself and Adam and Eve is I walk with God in a sin cursed world, when this dying, sin infested world touches my Adamic carnal nature, in whatever form it might take, ...Abba, ...Father, ...is right there with me providing the remedy, ...whether it is prolonging my days that have been written in His book Psa 139:16 or my days have come to an end and I'm called home.

I wrote a nicely sarcastic response pointing out the funny parts of your criticism, but then I thought "why?"

I am sorry that you did not find anything positive in my post about Eve. 

[another sarcastic statement removed]  (oops, a little sarcasm snuck in).

Seriously, I think there is another way to look at that statement.  But it is not worth the effort.  If you did not find any value in reading that piece, forget it and go about your day.

Peace

4 hours ago, Sonshine☀️ said:

This is most definitely fiction.  Why not read the Bible and learn the facts (the truth) about the story of Adam and Eve?  

Wow.  Worthy comment.

Just now, PromisesPromises! said:

So... maybe just fiction is a better description, since your story is not really historically accurate according to the Bible.  As a writer, you chose an omniscient point of view about the thoughts, feelings and emotions of real people in history, which is an impossible task unless you were there and knew them intimately. 

Rather than "honor" Eve as our mother, why not honor the integrity of the scripture as it was given to us?  

Creative writing is fun, but can be dangerous.  Words have the power to deceive. 

Thank you for showing your work.

4 hours ago, JustPassingThru said:

Dear sister, we do have something to back it up, ...God's Word, ...Adam was the most intelligent man that has ever lived, ...he named the many 1,000s upon 1,000s of animals, insects, birds, he knew how to make bread, he knew how to build a fire to bake his bread, he knew how to grow his own food (he taught Cain), he knew how to keep livestock (he taught Abel), ...and most important, he knew and taught us that there must be a sacrifice in worshiping God.

Lord bless

I was going to post here observing the ways that even this post is surmising things about the story of Adam and Eve.

But what is the point, Obviously, these people did not like this story.  But to say, as several of the critics here said, that it somehow contradicts scripture, is alarming and highly indicative of at least this segment of the community here.

Wow, I never expected such attacks about what I thought was a minor piece.  This is certainly not a group to share things with.

2 minutes ago, maryjayne said:

Disagreement or voicing a different perspective are not attacks, especially in a speculative thread like this one.

@JustPassingThru s reply to me is factually correct from scripture.

Well leave that for the non-posting readers to decide.

1 minute ago, DustyRoad said:

I'm sorry this happened to you, @lftc. Forgiveness: forgive those who have trespassed against you. It's difficult for some to understand.

Thanks for the timely advice, DustyRoad.  I was just about to ask if they wanted me to go through line by line and explain how it does not contradict scripture. But instead I will just let it go.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, lftc said:

I wrote a nicely sarcastic response pointing out the funny parts of your criticism, but then I thought "why?"

I wasn't criticism, ...when you said ALL you included ALL that read your thread, I'm one of the ALL, ...and ALL that I did was explain how a life verse given to me, when I was a new believer, through the teachings of Donald Grey Barnhouse:

That I may know Him, and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings, being made conformable unto His death;  Php 3:10

...set my heart and soul to know and appropriate into my being what Paul was teaching the Philippian church 2,000 years ago, ...and since Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow this verse would apply to me, and all of the Lord's children, reading it in the Light of the Truth in the 20th century, and He has, ...that's ALL ...the Lord rewards those that diligently seek Him.

"Why," that is my question exactly, ...Why? 

My Bible teaches me, ...line upon line, precept on precept, ...here a little, there a little, ...friend, ...we are called to build up and edify the church, ...please explain to me how hypothetical conjecture about Eve does that? 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

something happened to this topic?