createdequal

The Word says we ARE judged by our works

On 9/11/2019 at 10:26 AM, Blood Bought 1953 said:

If we go down the road to being saved by our performance , the Standard is Perfection.Good luck with that!

There IS another Way if one has faith .The faith to believe Jesus died for your sins and rose from the grave .Rest in those two Truths and don’t add to them with your good works and you are a Saved Man.That simple . Jesus Promised it. 

Christian matyrers did it: they did go for perfection. Besides this we where all told, that original sin is in us and that we hence need to combat it. We should strive for nothing lower than perfection, although we know that we can not achieve it. This is idealism. Who does not try on the contrary has lost from the start ... If we strive for perfection as imperfect beeings, we will end with something which is quiet mediocre in practice but a acceptable by Jesus because he knews our good intend behind the mediocre result. If we already strive for something lower than for perfection and we are afflicted by original sind the practical outcome will be a pure catastrophy.

Edited by Nadjeschda

33 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

Faith without works is dead because it comes from a heart that has not been regenerated by God. Empty professions of faith have no power to change lives. Those who pay lip service to faith but who do not possess the Spirit will hear Christ Himself say to them, “I never knew you. Depart from me, you evildoers” (Matthew 7:23).

I agree.

“Without FAITH it is IMPOSSIBLE to please God.....so much for the “ Atheists in Heaven” error.

Your entire line of thinking is so out- Of- line with what Christianity really is , I honestly do not know where to begin.....

On 9/11/2019 at 1:29 PM, Blood Bought 1953 said:

The point is not “we endure to become Christians” but “because we are Christians we endure.” You have a mighty Overcomer living inside you. It’s the faith of Jesus that empowers you to go through life’s trials.

The above statement says it all!

flower-carnation-card-tag-religious-template.jpg.b08d96ed0e29268c0ac7583f9627020b.jpg

John 14:15-24
 “If you love me, you will keep my commandments. And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Helper, to be with you forever, even the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees him nor knows him. You know him, for he dwells with you and will be in you. “I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you.  Yet a little while and the world will see me no more, but you will see me. Because I live, you also will live.  In that day you will know that I am in my Father, and you in me, and I in you.  Whoever has my commandments and keeps them, he it is who loves me. And he who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and manifest myself to him.” Judas (not Iscariot) said to him, “Lord, how is it that you will manifest yourself to us, and not to the world?” Jesus answered him, “If anyone loves me, he will keep my word, and my Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him. Whoever does not love me does not keep my words. And the word that you hear is not mine but the Father's who sent me.

Romans 5:17
For if, because of one man's trespass, death reigned through that one man, much more will those who receive the abundance of grace and the free gift of righteousness reign in life through the one man Jesus Christ.

Romans 6:1-23
What shall we say then? Are we to continue in sin that grace may abound? By no means! How can we who died to sin still live in it? Do you not know that all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death? We were buried therefore with him by baptism into death, in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, we too might walk in newness of life. For if we have been united with him in a death like his, we shall certainly be united with him in a resurrection like his. We know that our old self was crucified with him in order that the body of sin might be brought to nothing, so that we would no longer be enslaved to sin. For one who has died has been set free from sin. Now if we have died with Christ, we believe that we will also live with him. We know that Christ, being raised from the dead, will never die again; death no longer has dominion over him. For the death he died he died to sin, once for all, but the life he lives he lives to God. So you also must consider yourselves dead to sin and alive to God in Christ Jesus. Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, to make you obey its passions. Do not present your members to sin as instruments for unrighteousness, but present yourselves to God as those who have been brought from death to life, and your members to God as instruments for righteousness. For sin will have no dominion over you, since you are not under law but under grace. What then? Are we to sin because we are not under law but under grace? By no means! Do you not know that if you present yourselves to anyone as obedient slaves, you are slaves of the one whom you obey, either of sin, which leads to death, or of obedience, which leads to righteousness? But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness. I am speaking in human terms, because of your natural limitations. For just as you once presented your members as slaves to impurity and to lawlessness leading to more lawlessness, so now present your members as slaves to righteousness leading to sanctification. For when you were slaves of sin, you were free in regard to righteousness. But what fruit were you getting at that time from the things of which you are now ashamed? For the end of those things is death. But now that you have been set free from sin and have become slaves of God, the fruit you get leads to sanctification and its end, eternal life. For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.