createdequal

quotes from St Francis

“No one is to be called an enemy, all are your benefactors, and no one does you harm. You have no enemy except yourselves.” Francis of Assisi

“Sanctify yourself and you will sanctify society.” Francis of Assisi

As written in Scripture (the Creator's Word),   all society is pernicious (death dealing - seeking to drag everyone down),  wicked and evil.

As Jesus says,   those who follow Jesus are hated by the world (society),  because society and the world hates Jesus.

Jesus identified the sons of the devil directly,  and did not back down from doing so when His Father in Heaven gave Him the Word to Speak Openly.

oh,  and,  the devil is Yahuweh's (God's) enemy,  as well as every living person's enemy.   but the devil will pretend to be a friend of everyone.

Even Lenin respected St. Francis:

"In his last words, Lenin, who was against religion in general, set his sights to one of Christianity’s greatest heroes – St. Francis of Assisi. Lenin knew that his ideology had lost, and that Russia had lost, and contemplated what would be required to restore Russia, when he said these words:

“I have deluded myself. Without doubt, it was necessary to free the oppressed masses. However, our methods resulted in other oppressions and gruesome massacres. You know I am deathly ill; I feel lost in an ocean of blood formed by countless victims. This was necessary to save our Russia, but it is too late to turn back. We would need ten Francis of Assisi.”

This shows the amazing character of St. Francis, which is attested to by Lenin. "

“No one is to be called an enemy, all are your benefactors, and no one does you harm. You have no enemy except yourselves.” Francis of Assisi

Twisted logic is twisted. 

I understand we are to pray for our enemies and all that, but we are definitely harmed by others - in this life. It can be a learning experience, of course. Being brutally raped and left for dead can certainly toughen you up, I suppose, but I would say the perp would be the victim's enemy of sorts, especially if at trial they swear that when they get out they're gonna come after you again.

6 minutes ago, Still Alive said:

Twisted logic is twisted. 

I understand we are to pray for our enemies and all that, but we are definitely harmed by others - in this life.

And many lose their souls in the next life,  because of unbelief.  (or false beliefs,  not ever hearing and believing the one true gospel).

It seems more posters who admit they are catholic are posting catholic teachings and doctrines and other things which directly oppose God's Word.....  enemies of the Gospel of Jesus,  though I don't know if the Scripture says they are our enemies or not - or some ?  

17 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

And many lose their souls in the next life,  because of unbelief.  (or false beliefs,  not ever hearing and believing the one true gospel).

It seems more posters who admit they are catholic are posting catholic teachings and doctrines and other things which directly oppose God's Word.....  enemies of the Gospel of Jesus,  though I don't know if the Scripture says they are our enemies or not - or some ?  

Don't get me started. My daughter became catholic about a year ago and she's become downright nutty about it. She goes to mass every day. She wears that head covering scarf when she goes to church. She had to get an annulment for her first marriage that ended years ago, and will not stay in the same house with her current husband until that is complete. And he's an ex-catholic christian, and there is NO WAY he's going back to that. My wife is also ex-catholic. She thinks my daughter is headed to becoming a nun.

Catholicism is like Judaism and Islam. You are surrounded with lots of "letter of the law" rules to control your life. Christianity is a "spirit of the law" thing. 

In the catholic/muslim/judaism heaven, there are stop signs at all intersections. In the Christian heaven there are yield signs. 

Some people just need precise rules and are more comfortable with tight rules.

She doesn't just pray over meals. She does a separate prayer for each course! She likes tight organization and black and white rules. She's an accountant.

Edited by Still Alive

4 minutes ago, Still Alive said:

Don't get me started. My daughter became catholic about a year ago and she's become downright nutty about it. She goes to mass every day. She wears that head covering scarf when she goes to church. She had to get an annulment for her first marriage that ended years ago, and will not stay in the same house with her current husband until that is complete. And he's an ex-catholic christian, and there is NO WAY he's going back to that. My wife is also ex-catholic. She thinks my daughter is headed to becoming a nun.

Catholicism is like Judaism and Islam. You are surrounded with lots of "letter of the law" rules to control your life. Christianity is a "spirit of the law" thing. 

In the catholic/muslim/judaism heaven, there are stop signs at all intersections. In the Christian heaven there are yield signs. 

"precise rules" "tight rules" .... ???  > "comfortable" ? <     as Jesus says "WOE (extremely serious) to those who are comfortable" (and HE MEANS IT,  IT IS TRUTH! )

As in "the letter of the law KILLS" ?   (as the examples you gave ).....

but the "spirit of the law gives life" !    (as those who are called OUT of catholicism and other religion find out)

On 9/9/2019 at 4:10 PM, Still Alive said:

She doesn't just pray over meals. She does a separate prayer for each course! She likes tight organization and black and white rules. She's an accountant.

Sure sounds like she “ got Religion”.... let us hope and pray that someday she “ gets Jesus”..... she will be in my prayers ...

On 9/9/2019 at 12:35 PM, Coliseum said:

Even Lenin respected St. Francis:

"In his last words, Lenin, who was against religion in general, set his sights to one of Christianity’s greatest heroes – St. Francis of Assisi. Lenin knew that his ideology had lost, and that Russia had lost, and contemplated what would be required to restore Russia, when he said these words:

“I have deluded myself. Without doubt, it was necessary to free the oppressed masses. However, our methods resulted in other oppressions and gruesome massacres. You know I am deathly ill; I feel lost in an ocean of blood formed by countless victims. This was necessary to save our Russia, but it is too late to turn back. We would need ten Francis of Assisi.”

This shows the amazing character of St. Francis, which is attested to by Lenin. "

i didn't know all this. Thanks. I have always wanted to study the history of Russia (USSR) but have not gotten around to it. I am glad Lenin at least tried to repent (?)  started to.. but then, death has that kind of effect on people.. (start thinking about what matters)

On 9/9/2019 at 1:10 PM, Still Alive said:

Is the "rule" Thou shalt not kill "legalistic"? "religious"?

Is the Commandment "Love your neighbor as yourself" religious?

Who are YOU to draw the lines of what is overly legalistic and ritualistic or "religious" and what is acceptable?

you are being your own pope

which is what all non-Catholic people do

But Jesus established ONE Church.. only ONE... not the 60,000 plus we have in the world today. That is not unity, to say the least... There is good in all Christian societies.. but that is not the point. As you will admit yourself, being "good" isn't sufficient.

Jesus rejects even those who believe in Him.. Luke 13:23 and other psgs.. The Real Presence of Christ abides in CAtholic Churches. To be in that Presence is to truly, tangibly be with Jesus..

Maybe this is what Jesus meant when he said to those "belivers" who attempted to enter (but the door was closed) "I never knew you.. depart from me, you evildoers"

hard to know someone you never spend time with...

wait.. not hard, impossible

Edited by createdequal