Prodigal Son

Who were the Nephilim?

2 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

My aim is to alert people to the supernatural way God does things and the ways the early Israelis would have seen things. They wrote the stuff, so their take is more important than we might first imagine. The inter-testament theology of the Israelis is very pertinent and is much drawn on and quoted by the apostles.

And that's a good calling. I agree with your general ideas and I'm just talking about folks getting bogged down with debating (and some aren't even debating as debate requires proper scholastic research to bolster the opinions, so those who don't do such research much less understand it are not so much debating as arguing a point just because someone taught them that point)  details such as this topic (which I decided to visit just to see why so much interest with 20+PAGES OF REPLIES) instead of learning about all the topics of "inter-testament theology of the Israelis" where it and the circumstances surrounding it applies to our Faith and daily walk with God or to better understand the context for the Apostles commentary .

Wow, that's a convoluted sentence but I'm going to be lazy and hope you can read it with enough clarity to get the point.

31 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

hey have largely stripped the supernatural way God does things out of our teachings and our scriptures. This is a great pity because there are hundred of 'hooks' the apostles use into the Tanach that I have never been taught, and neither have many others.

I rest my case!

6 hours ago, RonaldBruno said:

Still - no answer. That scripture does not answer the question. You keep struggling because you don't have an answer to my question.

Concerning humans, he did not create automatons - true and wants us to willingly chose to love. That's not an answer.

What's the question? Me and several other long time board members told you where the Nephilim came from. I can't help it if you refuse to believe it.

• Thumbs Up 1

@RonaldBruno I honestly think some of us believe Nephilim are the offspring of fallen angels and human women. It’s very strange. However I believe the Bible points to this as being true. They were (and maybe are) superhuman. Perhaps that’s where we get stories of super heroes and such. But they are evil in their nature and cannot be saved. 

Edited by Kristin

9 hours ago, Kristin said:

@RonaldBruno I honestly think some of us believe Nephilim are the offspring of fallen angels and human women. It’s very strange. However I believe the Bible points to this as being true. They were (and maybe are) superhuman. Perhaps that’s where we get stories of super heroes and such. But they are evil in their nature and cannot be saved. 

Exactly. The Greek myths are somehow true. There is much writing of this amongst the pantheons.. they cannot all be false because they agree point for point on many items.

The writers of scripture were well versed in these ancient writings (they had no TV). The Hebrew theology and discussions are full of it. That is why the apostles reference this so many times.

Those that are in denial of history will not recognize when it is repeated right close by. 'As in the days of Noah..' has so many implications. 

Darby and Milton and Augustine played all this stuff down in favor of their ideas. They did not even read Hebrew, yet pretend they are experts in this area. Beware theology that is based on this and the removal of all things supernatural from our teachings. Beware early antisemitic theology that removed all things Hebrew as much as possible. It is no accident we have been kept in the dark. Thank God for Qumran!!

• Thumbs Up 1