Prodigal Son

Who were the Nephilim?

10 minutes ago, other one said:

As for the flood ridding the earth of Nephilim, we are told that they existed before and after the flood but it didn't contaminate the whole world.  

3 minutes ago, Sonshine☀️ said:

Beau, I’m not sure how the Nephilim made a comeback,  but they did:

Thanks for the info, @other one and @Sonshine☀️. May I continue to learn something new everyday! :thumbsup:

• Praise God! 1

44 minutes ago, other one said:

It's been a really long time since I read through these things, but as I remember the genetic trend came through Noah's wife.    Nimrod's mother/wife was Semiramis and according Sumerian tradition (it's a really convoluted story) when Nimrod died Semiramis decided to take his place as leader and created a religion putting her in the goddess job.  She became the Queen of heaven and is known by several different names across different groups of people (Venus, Isis, Ishtar, Artemis, Estra, and in the Bible as Diana, Astroth, Semiramis and the Queen of heaven).    According to her after Nimrod died a full grown evergreen tree sprung up over night and she decided it was Nimrod returning...   (Sumerian Christmas Tree so to speak)   Anyway I'd have to go back and refresh my memory in several books to have any kind of decent discussion about it

As for the flood ridding the earth of Nephilim, we are told that they existed before and after the flood but it didn't contaminate the whole world.       

You are correct. Ishtar is the queen of heaven season that was convoluted by translators and 'easter' is NOT a Christian celebration.

Ishtar, Semiramis, Nimrod (the lover/son) and Tammuz (the fake Christ) was worshiped along with the Yule pig etc., (since Tammuz was killed by a wild boar). It is very pagan, convoluted and a travesty to call Passover such a thing. But the church loves its pantheons and also loves confusion by its doctored translations.

Anything to detract from Yeshua and His resurrection on the Sabbath. The church made Him out to be a white anglo-saxon that had nothing to do with Israel and so He is reported wrongly to be a SUN-day person. Very clever manipulation of actual events. These powers and principalities are certainly not dumb. (They hated all things Israel in the first few centuries and so a massive effort was undertaken to discredit the King Of Glory. Antisemitism became the flavor du jour)

Edited by Justin Adams
  • This is Worthy 1

9 hours ago, saved34 said:

You could be right. I just question a spiritual being ,being able to mate with a human. Demons seem to fiend to enter a fleshly body. Angels are implied to be sexless and not able to marry.

They are in the spiritual realm and we are terrestrial. Sex is a physical act necessary for human beings to produce children. It’s just so many questions for me to jump on board to that interpretation. I could definitely be wrong though.

Hi saved34,

I'm not trying to convince you of anything, as we all have our own personal views and belief's. But this is my thought process...

Matthew 22:30 (KJV) For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.

In our eternal state, there will be no need for procreation and we will be as "the angels of heaven". Notice Jesus goes out of His way to clarify which set of angels. If it included every angel created, I would surmise it would read "but are as the angels".

Genesis 3:15 (KJV) And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

I believe the 'woman' mentioned here is Israel [God's chosen people and Christ's bloodline] and "thee" is Satan and his fallen followers. We know what seed represents; fruit, sowing, posterity, REPRODUCTION. 

Jude 6 (KJV) And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.

First estate: order, rank. Habitation: residence, house

Just from the above three verses, what alternate conclusions can be drawn; other than the celestial - spiritual realm mated with flesh and blood?

We need to take Genesis 6: 1-4 literally...

Edited by Dennis1209
  • This is Worthy 2

2 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

The heinous sins of the Watchers was so bad, they are interred in Tartarus (the deepest part of Sheol in the underworld). The Watcher class are quite different to other classes of angelic beings. They could and do become human at will. They are seen to be a very trusted set of God's holy ones since they were given charge over humans and were able to teach them the secrets of life itself. Like other sons of God, they did the wrong thing. God allowed them this freedom since He is also a Free Being. However, they are now imprisoned and that is the end of their story.

It is no accident that Yeshua was impregnated by Holy Spirit. He would reverse the sins of the Watchers in particular and God showed them what is what by Mary's Child. There are quite a few oblique references to this in the Tanach and the New Testament. The Watcher thing was considered such a terrible crime that many allude to this event in may places. Much of the terrors of our present world are due to the Watchers, so Yeshua came to Redeem us all from these results and some of the chaos of our world.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, BeauJangles said:

I wasn't aware of the possibility that Nimrod was a giant, and was a bit surprised. He was kinda short in all the bible movies I've seen. Anyway, I did find this brief comment. 

Nimrod in the Bible was the great-grandson of Noah through the line of Cush (Genesis 10:8). Nimrod is described as the first of the “mighty men” to appear on the earth after the great flood. Previous to the flood, there had been giants and mighty men on the earth, and “also afterward” (Genesis 6:4).

Genesis 10:8 (KJV) And Cush begat Nimrod: he began to be a mighty one in the earth. 9. He was a mighty hunter before the LORD: wherefore it is said, Even as Nimrod the mighty hunter before the LORD.

That word "began' is intriguing. To paraphrase, he developed to a mighty one in the earth. That could be taken in 'two' ways. Example: One is not born asthmatic, you begin to develop it, something in the DNA is triggered. Whom else in the Bible is described in such a way as "he began" to be mighty? Many fit the description but, none are such described and labeled that way. He grew to be a mighty one... Nope! Based on everything I've studied, something extraordinary seems to have happened? 

Many theories prevail about how the second incursion happened, one of which is that one on Noah's son's wives had the Nephilim gene? I don't know. It does make me wonder if the mad geneticists of the world today tinkering with DNA and have some future unexpected surprises for humanity? 

15 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

Genesis 10:8 (KJV) And Cush begat Nimrod: he began to be a mighty one in the earth. 9. He was a mighty hunter before the LORD: wherefore it is said, Even as Nimrod the mighty hunter before the LORD.

Okay, well here is where the confusion is for me in particular. If Nimrod was a giant, and those under his rulership began the construction of the tower of Babel, it would seem to be plausible that Nimrod himself fully intended to make his way up to it, right? Bearing that in mind, it was either more massive than could ever be imaginable, or maybe Nimrod wasn't such a big guy after all. 

25 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

Many theories prevail about how the second incursion happened, one of which is that one on Noah's son's wives had the Nephilim gene? I don't know. It does make me wonder if the mad geneticists of the world today tinkering with DNA and have some future unexpected surprises for humanity?

@R. Hartono has a thread going round on cloning, so I dunno. It's mildly interesting. 

1 hour ago, Dennis1209 said:

Hi saved34,

I'm not trying to convince you of anything, as we all have our own personal views and belief's. But this is my thought process...

Matthew 22:30 (KJV) For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.

In our eternal state, there will be no need for procreation and we will be as "the angels of heaven". Notice Jesus goes out of His way to clarify which set of angels. If it included every angel created, I would surmise it would read "but are as the angels".

Genesis 3:15 (KJV) And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

I believe the 'woman' mentioned here is Israel [God's chosen people and Christ's bloodline] and "thee" is Satan and his fallen followers. We know what seed represents; fruit, sowing, posterity, REPRODUCTION. 

Jude 6 (KJV) And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.

First estate: order, rank. Habitation: residence, house

Just from the above three verses, what alternate conclusions can be drawn; other than the celestial - spiritual realm mated with flesh and blood?

@Dennis1209, when you read the scripture talking about the angels who left their first estate, the context of the surrounding verses is speaking of Sodom and Gomorrah and sexual sin.

And if you really think about it, to follow the pattern of Jesus Christ who is the Son of God, the antichrist most likely is not fully human.

• Thumbs Up 1

I am NOT of the thinking that God brought a whole worldwide flood only to purposefully preserve tainted seed on the ark...which ark represents God's protection, provision, etc. 

Edited by Abby-Joy