• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,014
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,274
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

17 hours ago, Sower said:

"Today’s 9/11 commemoration marks a generation (18 years) since the devastation in New York and Washington. 

Over 70 million citizens have been born since that horrific morning, so fewer and fewer people remember. 

New York and Washington, DC are mentioned above....but don't forget Pennsylvania.   Heroic passengers of Flight 93 upon learning of the attacks in NYC and DC, attempted to take back the plane from the hijackers.    Flight 93 crashed in the Pennsylvania countryside, not far from Pittsburgh.

My childhood friend from Pittsburgh visited the memorial in Pennsylvania.   Besides the memorial, there is a chapel which has a mural showing the hands of God reaching out to the doomed plane.   My friend cried at that.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Airlines_Flight_93

• This is Worthy 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,014
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,274
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

The following (already approved) video is excellent for showing to others that might not know what all happened.    It's true, those that are younger might not really understand the devastation, the level it was.

https://www.worthychristianforums.com/topic/241366-a-tribute-for-911lest-we-forget/

• Praying! 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  904
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,642
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

On 9/11/2019 at 12:16 PM, Sower said:

from:   The Daily Citizen Morning Headlines   (Focus on the Family)

Wednesday September 11, 2019

Good Morning!

"Today’s 9/11 commemoration marks a generation (18 years) since the devastation in New York and Washington. 

Over 70 million citizens have been born since that horrific morning, so fewer and fewer people remember. 

As Wall Street Journal columnist and former Reagan/Bush speechwriter Peggy Noonan warned back in 2001:

We have to remember. We have to save these things. We can’t lose them. History needs them. Children will learn from them. Scholars will ponder them.

Here in New York we call what happened on Sept. 11 the greatest and most successful rescue effort on American soil in all of U.S. history.

But there’s more rescuing to be done, and it’s from a thief called time, which robs memories of their vividness, and from the Dumpster, which is daily carting history away from Ground Zero and the Pentagon."

Remember the Holocaust

Remember Pearl Harbor

Remember the Maine

Remember the Alamo

Those who don't are doomed to repeat them.

Edited by JohnD
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Praying! 1

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.22
  • Days Won:  58

Last night, we went to one of several 9/11 memorials in the valley, one that had a piece of the twin towers. There was a photograph of a couple at the base of the memorial with a name of a woman. I looked it up. She was killed in one of the towers. I finally had the courage to look up names of childhood friends to see if any of them were killed that day. I had grown up on long island, so it is possible that I knew someone. I did not see their names though. 

• Praying! 1

• Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.22
  • Days Won:  58

There is a victim of 9/11 that I would like to mention. He was not on the east coast, nor was he killed that day. He was a victim of hate from someone angry at 9/11. His murder shocked the phoenix metro area.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Balbir_Singh_Sodhi

• Praying! 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  21
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/05/1968

These are a couple of statistics from Wikipedia regarding 9/11 that I wasn't aware of until now:

As of August 2013, medical authorities concluded that 1,140 people who worked, lived, or studied in Lower Manhattan at the time of the attack have been diagnosed with cancer as a result of "exposure to toxins at Ground Zero". It has been reported that over 1,400 9/11 rescue workers who responded to the scene in the days and months after the attacks have since died.

• Praying! 2

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  71
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

I WILL NEVER FORGET WHAT HAPPENED THAT DAY I WILL NEVER FORGET  WHAT HATE DID 

I WILL NEVER FORGET PLANES BECAUSE I AM SO SCARED THAT IF WE FORGET IT WILL HAPPED AGAIN

LEASONS NEED TO BE LEARNED  AND ISLAM ISNT THE ONE WE SHOULD BE FOLLOWING 

Jesus IS THE ONLY WAY 

• Topic Count:  904
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,642
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

In California, a place prone to conflagrations, in 1996 we had a smoke filled condo

(not during a big fire). A neighbor in our had a smouldering cigarette butt

in their trash in the garage and  the air conditioning had pumped the smoke into

our unit (evenly spread smoke, an eerie thing to see at night going to the bathroom). 

Called 911 and the firefighters responded at like 1:30 AM and searched our place but found nothing.

They came back an hour later and found the problem when our neighbors later called. 

Scary stuff!

But the and there we realized what heroes our firefighters, first responders, and law enforcement are!!!

I think it was Kurt Russel and Goldie Hawn that did a PSA just after 9-11-2001 that the aforementioned

are the true heroes. Actors are only playing heroes.

So true!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

49 minutes ago, Debp said:

If it wasn't for the firemen fighting the fire outside of our apartment door (we were trapped), we would have died. 

Praise the Lord, Deb. He is good! :amen:

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  263
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  1

Jesus saved a family member from being killed at the WTC on 9/11 because my Christian friend warned him very, very forcefully not to go to New York  C. a year earlier. He had gotten his absolute dream placement at a NYC institution-even had a wall to wall giant purple hued poster of the Twin towers in the bedroom .Its absolutely only because Christ Jesus ordered his steps is he still alive and well. Thank you my Lord and God Jesus!

God bless and bring peace for family and friends of those sweet people who were lost in  the 9/11 tragedy.

• Loved it! 1