• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Hi

I am new to using forums, but was hoping to find a place I could share thoughts and feelings with other Christians.  I am a little nervous about making this first post because I see so much criticism and downright cruelty in the interactions between people on some of the other posts I read here.

I have decided to go ahead and take the risk and ask a question.

Though I have my own thoughts in this area, having been a Christian for a long time, I would like to get feedback from other people.

What do you think is the primary way the devil attacks Christians?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

Not sure if it is the primary way.. But i believe satan can and does use people who are guided by him to mock attack and persecute Christians..

Ephesians 2: KJV

2 "Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:"

I have no doubt that God allows satan to afflict us in other ways. Just as God allowed satan to afflict Job in the OT.. But i believe that ultimately undermines satan and with Gods help we are strengthened to resist satans tactics and ultimately be overcomers with the LORD..

Romans 8: KJV

28 "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose."

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2

In the upper right hand corner of every post is a "report post".  If you feel a post is attacking you or someone else you can report the offending post to the board servants, and they will look into it.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

I believe he tempts/attacks us more through the desires of our flesh more than anything else.

If you find someone personally attacking someone else, you can also report the thread/post to the site admins.  I recommend this first as they, the admins, cannpt fix what they don;t know about.  Welcome.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Content Count:  1,381
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

I don't feel like there is a primary attack method. Different things work better against different people so it's often the weakest points of a given person that are attacked. But I think in a general sense  getting people complacent with sin is a common form.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  763
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,897
  • Content Per Day:  3.09
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Paz said:

Hi

I am new to using forums, but was hoping to find a place I could share thoughts and feelings with other Christians.  I am a little nervous about making this first post because I see so much criticism and downright cruelty in the interactions between people on some of the other posts I read here.

I have decided to go ahead and take the risk and ask a question.

Though I have my own thoughts in this area, having been a Christian for a long time, I would like to get feedback from other people.

What do you think is the primary way the devil attacks Christians?

I know some people in another forum who were acting like  good Christians, only to discover after knowing them for five years, that they have  the yeast of the Pharisees. They only seek their glory n dignity. But it took five years to discover it.

Edited by R. Hartono

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,864
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

From my experience I thin I could say that Satan does not come to you with horns a pitch fork and a long tail...….   he comes with everything you ever wanted...….   and sometimes it takes interference from God himself to say no...

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  471
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,542
  • Content Per Day:  2.30
  • Days Won:  9

The bible says through the list of the flesh. But Christian are not ignorant. We have the armour of God to wear. Also he can attack physically through people. Like when Jesus was born King Herod sent a army to kill all the children born from the time the three wise men arrived. We can go to the store and be there when a criminal happens to be there and target us. So we should always pray for Gods protection. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  157
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

AMEN

Edited by DAVID5