Paz

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

David was a wicked man at times, yet Satan could not touch his Salvation.Like us other wicked sinners , he was saved because of his faith. What Satan COULD do was take away the JOY of David’s Salvation.Those that lack the Assurance Of their Salvation will never experience God-Given Joy.Those “ trying” to be Saved do Satan a big favor.The Tare,That Religionist Who can “ ape” A real Christian is miserable— and boy, does it show!  The world does not want to be like that guy with the bug up his butt, with the constant scowl and judgemental look on his face , terrified that somebody somewhere might be having fun.On the other hand....... the Spirit Of Jesus will shine through those who are not “ trying” to be saved by being “ good little boys and girls”. Those that “ TRUST” have a joy , a peace , a coolness that others could be interested in.They May be curious as to what is the “ secret” of these types of people.Even back in my old heathen days, I always kept my eye on certain people— they just seemed to have something special about them that I envied.It played a big part in my Salvation.Satan does not want to see any of THAT stuff going on ! He knows it just takes a little leaven to leaven the whole thing.All he does is use the same tricks that he used in the Garden— why switch a proven strategy. “ Doth God “ really” say Jesus Saves?” Satan is the one who puts the “but” in  Jesus  Saves ........ B U T. He injects just enough doubt to get poorly taught Believers to start doubting God’s Clear Word about their Salvation.Abracadabra! Satan has just invented another defeated Believer.The envy of Nobody.Injecting religion into Christianity. It may as well be Judaism with a little bit of Jesus attached.Satan loves  it.......making your “ faith” something that repels.

l

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  22
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Satan is extremely cunning and as master of manipulation, he often sneaks his ideas into your train of thoughts to make them look that they belong to you.

He attacks us through our own family, dividing everyone, etc. I can go on and on about how Satan has a field day on hurting us. He wants to drag everyone down to hell with him; that's his primary goal.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

3 hours ago, Heather2019 said:

Takes people's eyes off of Jesus and God's Word and makes people doubt their salvation. 

Very well said!  So good for us to be alert to this.  Thanks for sharing:)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,220
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  3

4 hours ago, Paz said:

What do you think is the primary way the devil attacks Christians?

Leaving your first love

The once fervent worshipers of Jesus at Ephesus have left their first love. They are no longer overflowing with love sickness for him; their passion for God has been replaced with ministry focus.

This is Satan first priority against the church. It’s to lead the church astray from standing before the presence of the Lord ministering to him, encountering him in his beauty and overflowing with love sickness for him. Once you lose your fascination and passion for God, you also lose your fruitfulness and effectiveness in the kingdom. Everything else you do for God is the beginning of the beginning. Your evangelism, your discipleship, your teaching is all at the beginning of the beginning

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

Hi Paz

Good to have you here. I am si sorry you feel put off by arguments here. Things can get heated! Only because we are all mere humans and have strong opinions.

Good question. The devil attacks spiritually. He is jealous and furious when we receive Christ as Saviour and follow Him. It means the devil loses our soul forever. Thus he tempts and undermines, confuses and tries to lead us away from God's will. He cannot make us do anything though. Our minds and souls are ours. Prayer is our weapon. Soon as we say the name of Christ and ask Him to protect and lead us, that prayer is granted. All evil flees. 

The devil can suggest, mock, make us doubt ourselves. Subtle ways. Make us believe that this world is the only reality. All the opposite to what Jesus and scripture teaches. 

Put afresh daily your trust 8n Christ, read the bible. Be vigilant. Pray constantly. Then you are protected. The devil cannot win! 

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.82
  • Days Won:  226

1. He plants doubt and lies.

2.He fights against your faith.

3. He will tempt you with sexual immorality.

4. He will try to cause disunity among families.

5. He will try to take you down through pride.

6. He will try to cripple your faith through fear.

7. He will try to sidetrack you with worldly things.

Just to name a few :)

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Brilliant! 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  772
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,933
  • Content Per Day:  3.07
  • Days Won:  1

9 hours ago, Paz said:

I see so much criticism and downright cruelty in the interactions between people on some of the other posts I read here.

When Jesus came preaching to the Hebrew the Pharisees thought Jesus wanted to outsmart them, some people with the YEAST of the Pharisees can be seen blatantly with their arrogancy, dont fear them, they dont own this forum yet they try to rule others.

• Thanks 1

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

While sinning is wrong And  all Christians would agree with me,, i do not think tempting people to sin is satans primary weapon against us.. Since Jesus has paid the price for our sins on the cross, sin cannot take away the salvation of a Christian if they acknowledge their sins to God and thank Jesus for the atonement He secured for their salvation..

I believe another far more effective tactic of satan is to send wolves in sheeps clothing ( preachers who seem to be knowledgeable people of God )  who deliver a set of doctrines very close to the Word of God but in the end they twist the scriptures just enough to make their religion of no salvational effect..  There are many doctrines of demons denying may essential doctrines of salvation and if a servant of satan can just inject one of them into his new movement and lead people away from the truth of the Gospel to deceive people with ""another jesus"" not the real Jesus of scripture, then many people can be lead to destruction, while all the time thinking that they are saved..

Being close to the truth without standing on the truth is a recipe for the second death..

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.98
  • Days Won:  21

49 minutes ago, Adstar said:

Being close to the truth without standing on the truth is a recipe for the second death..

Interesting. From the get-go the powers and principalities were well entrenched in human theological doctrine. Just read the antisemitic drivel of some early theologians. I suggest to all: throw out that doctrine and start again, just using scriptures from the Tanach and apostles. Some other writings are also helpful. Most doctrine is tainted.

Thus the church fell away a long time ago from Truth.

Early church had the supernatural stripped from their scriptures. They were told (on pain of death) to have nothing to do with the Hebrews and anything Jewish. So they banned Sabbath, instituted SUN-day; Ishtar replaces Passover and x-mas culminates in the yule pig-roast to commemorate Tammuz (fake Christ) and Semiramis (queen of heaven) plus Nimrod (her lover/son). And all things unholy and pagan in between.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.31
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

14 hours ago, Paz said:

Hi

I am new to using forums, but was hoping to find a place I could share thoughts and feelings with other Christians.  I am a little nervous about making this first post because I see so much criticism and downright cruelty in the interactions between people on some of the other posts I read here.

I have decided to go ahead and take the risk and ask a question.

Though I have my own thoughts in this area, having been a Christian for a long time, I would like to get feedback from other people.

What do you think is the primary way the devil attacks Christians?

I think Satan enjoys enticing us to sin. In doing so, he leads us into dangerous situations. Then he lets us have it.

• Thumbs Up 1