• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  1

On 9/12/2019 at 12:57 AM, Paz said:

I am a little nervous about making this first post because I see so much criticism and downright cruelty in the interactions between people on some of the other posts I read here.

Man, this makes me so sad! 

I've been worried about this being the general impression to new joiners for a while now.  Makes me sick.  Especially if an atheist was to join out of curiosity or looking for a supportive loving environment.

If you want to see one way that enemy attacks Christians is through encouraging their prideful theological stances which cause divisions.  This is why you see so much criticism and cruelty.  Everyone's a "teacher" and everyone "knows it all".  The enemy can turn our strengths into our weaknesses very quickly in this way.   Not much has changed since the time of the Pharisees.

I hope the foolish interactions you have witnessed on here do not discourage you.  There are a handful of great people of God on this forum.  Even though there is a lot of nonsense, there IS good as well.   I won't give any names, but you will recognise them by their fruit. 

I can't promised you won't be criticised or disrespected in your future posts as it has happened to all of us, from those thinking they are serving the Lord.  But to hold back what you have to share and what you have to ask, because of them, is to let them win and thereby ultimately the enemy.   

Therefore, take advantage of the anonymity in here.  The foolish can't berate you in the media or knock at your front door! So ask your questions without fear. Share your thoughts without restraint, as long as you do so with love and peace in mind. 

Remember that not everyone who proclaims they are a Christian are one.  The church is easily infiltrated by those with dark motives or evil intent, so how much more so in an online forum.  But rather fear Yahweh than the devil and his minions.  Study the Word regularly and acknowledge Yahweh in all your ways - then you will not need to be concerned with how the devil attacks.  

If you post this because you feel the enemy is attacking you now, and you have examined your life against Scripture - finding no disparity, I would perhaps recommend posting in the prayer request section.  I'm sure our prayer warriors will be able to offer support and advice, according to the gifts bestowed to them. 

I hope this gives you some strength sister and that you feel encouraged to continue to post.

Love & Shalom

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,185
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  02/19/1971

On 9/12/2019 at 11:30 AM, LadyKay said:

The devil attacks me through thoughts of despair.  Been going through that all summer and also right now. 

Yes that is a sign of demonic suppression. God does not deal in despair. He may convict us, but he never does it to make you feel hopeless. He is a God of hope and he encourages us to trust him in the worst of times.

2Co 4:6  For God, who said, "Let light shine out of darkness," made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of God's glory displayed in the face of Christ.

2Co 4:7  But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us.

2Co 4:8  We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair;

God uses these times of demonic attack to strengthen us so that we can later strengthen a fellow saint the same way we were comforted

2Co 1:3  Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort,

2Co 1:4  who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God.

Satan’s main weapon to me is his invisibility. An unseen enemy who hates you and is looking for any opportunity to strike. Thank God he can go only as far as the Father allows him.

Job 1:9  "Does Job fear God for nothing?" Satan replied.

Job 1:10  "Have you not put a hedge around him and his household and everything he has? You have blessed the work of his hands, so that his flocks and herds are spread throughout the land.

Job 1:12  The LORD said to Satan, "Very well, then, everything he has is in your power, but on the man himself do not lay a finger." Then Satan went out from the presence of the LORD.

God has supplied us with all the resources we need to stand our ground against him. Especially the sword of the Spirit(the word) and prayer. The instant he starts attacking bring that problem directly to God.
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  2,280
  • Content Per Day:  1.25
  • Days Won:  2

On 9/11/2019 at 7:57 PM, Paz said:

Hi

I am new to using forums, but was hoping to find a place I could share thoughts and feelings with other Christians.  I am a little nervous about making this first post because I see so much criticism and downright cruelty in the interactions between people on some of the other posts I read here.

I have decided to go ahead and take the risk and ask a question.

Though I have my own thoughts in this area, having been a Christian for a long time, I would like to get feedback from other people.

What do you think is the primary way the devil attacks Christians?

There is no single way.  He does it by putting sickness and oppression on them, through persecutions and even high tech sabotage.   

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

14 hours ago, R. Hartono said:

Who are the children of disobedience ?

Those who have rejected the will of God..

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

On 9/12/2019 at 1:29 AM, R. Hartono said:

I know some people in another forum who were acting like  good Christians, only to discover after knowing them for five years, that they have  the yeast of the Pharisees. They only seek their glory n dignity. But it took five years to discover it.

Thanks for your honesty.  That really hurts when that happens.  How would you describe the "yeast of the Pharisees"?

On 9/12/2019 at 2:46 AM, DAVID5 said:

IN ALL WAYS NEGATIVE,,PUSHING YOU OFF THE CLIFF,,,

In all ways negative is so very true.  What exactly did you mean by "pushing you off the cliff"?

On 9/12/2019 at 3:30 PM, LadyKay said:

The devil attacks me through thoughts of despair.  Been going through that all summer and also right now. 

I so understand! The only thing that is helping me right now is to really embrace the forgiveness of God.  It's really true, because of Jesus' death and resurrection there is no sin that ever separates us from our God.  Jesus never condemns us.  Trite words, I know, when someone is suffering as you are.  It can be so hard to crawl through each day. . . You are not alone.   I am praying for you!

On 9/12/2019 at 6:26 PM, Dennis1209 said:

Doubt, lies, deceit, gossip, you got time, do it later.

I love your location :)

Thank you everyone for all the important insights you shared on how the enemy attacks us.  I learned a lot and have spent time thinking about what each of you shared.  It's easy for me not to be alertto the enemy's attacks!  God spoke to me through many of you.

I brought up this topic because I have recently become aware of the primary way the devil attacks, and has always attacked, me.  Perhaps you have experienced this as well.  This mode of attack I will simply call "condemnation".  Strange how all my Christian life I have heard the enemy called the "Accuser" but I never really thought about what that means.  Recently the Lord has been taking me on an amazing and healing journey which focuses on removing the enemy's condemnation from my life.

I've been a "good" Christian all my life and yet, I never felt I really pleased God.  I always felt that in some way my sins separated me from God at all times, no matter how much I tried to stay on top of confessing them.  This inability to walk in the forgiveness of Christ heaped so much condemnation on me that I could neither feel the love of God nor hardly read a Scripture without feeling like it too condemned me.  If you don't feel like God really loves and accepts you, if you feel instead that He is actually pretty disgusted with you all the time, then how can you respond in love to Him (i.e. keep your first love), how can you resist sin when we so often sin in order to fill our God given need for love and acceptance, how can you be alert to the enemy's deception and stand against him?    It seems to me that the enemy's expertise as the accuser, constantly bringing up our sin in our own minds, is at the root of all his other attacks.  If he can get us to believe that we really aren't completely forgiven and accepted by our God through the death and resurrection of Jesus he really does incapacitate us. 

It's taken me a long time to get to this place but I'm finally truly weary of carrying this load, this lie from the enemy.  I want to come to Jesus and know His peace and rest.  I don't want to receive anymore the condemnation of others or of the enemy.  I have felt a whole new freedom coming into my soul as I embrace God's full forgiveness for all my sins, past, present, and future.  As I dare to believe that forgiveness was already completed 2,000 years ago and is not dependent on my ability to perform, live sinlessly, or constantly confess.    I really can't describe how this simple truth has changed me!  Has anyone else had this experience?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.95
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

On 9/11/2019 at 4:57 PM, Paz said:

What do you think is the primary way the devil attacks Christians?

No one has mentioned this directly, and many may dispute this, but the devil attacks Christians primarily through our mind's thinking. I think his minions are sent out and place thoughts into our own. Okay, bash away. I'll take a hit on this. 

1 Peter 1:13 13Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ;  KJV

Proverbs 4:23 23Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.  KJV  

2 Corinthians 10:3-5 3For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh: 4(For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;) 5Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;  KJV

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1