• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,167
  • Content Per Day:  1.22
  • Days Won:  0

AI is how the devil will try.

On youtube :

Putting a Chip in Your Brain Will Not Make You a Superhero (or a god)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,602
  • Content Per Day:  4.02
  • Days Won:  21

3 hours ago, BeauJangles said:

No one has mentioned this directly, and many may dispute this, but the devil attacks Christians primarily through our mind's thinking. I think his minions are sent out and place thoughts into our own. Okay, bash away. I'll take a hit on this. 

1 Peter 1:13 13Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ;  KJV

Proverbs 4:23 23Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.  KJV  

2 Corinthians 10:3-5 3For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh: 4(For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;) 5Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;  KJV

Agreed.

The battleground is nearly always in our mind.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  344
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,393
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

7 hours ago, Paz said:

Thank you everyone for all the important insights you shared on how the enemy attacks us.  I learned a lot and have spent time thinking about what each of you shared.  It's easy for me not to be alertto the enemy's attacks!  God spoke to me through many of you.

I brought up this topic because I have recently become aware of the primary way the devil attacks, and has always attacked, me.  Perhaps you have experienced this as well.  This mode of attack I will simply call "condemnation".  Strange how all my Christian life I have heard the enemy called the "Accuser" but I never really thought about what that means.  Recently the Lord has been taking me on an amazing and healing journey which focuses on removing the enemy's condemnation from my life.

I've been a "good" Christian all my life and yet, I never felt I really pleased God.  I always felt that in some way my sins separated me from God at all times, no matter how much I tried to stay on top of confessing them.  This inability to walk in the forgiveness of Christ heaped so much condemnation on me that I could neither feel the love of God nor hardly read a Scripture without feeling like it too condemned me.  If you don't feel like God really loves and accepts you, if you feel instead that He is actually pretty disgusted with you all the time, then how can you respond in love to Him (i.e. keep your first love), how can you resist sin when we so often sin in order to fill our God given need for love and acceptance, how can you be alert to the enemy's deception and stand against him?    It seems to me that the enemy's expertise as the accuser, constantly bringing up our sin in our own minds, is at the root of all his other attacks.  If he can get us to believe that we really aren't completely forgiven and accepted by our God through the death and resurrection of Jesus he really does incapacitate us. 

It's taken me a long time to get to this place but I'm finally truly weary of carrying this load, this lie from the enemy.  I want to come to Jesus and know His peace and rest.  I don't want to receive anymore the condemnation of others or of the enemy.  I have felt a whole new freedom coming into my soul as I embrace God's full forgiveness for all my sins, past, present, and future.  As I dare to believe that forgiveness was already completed 2,000 years ago and is not dependent on my ability to perform, live sinlessly, or constantly confess.    I really can't describe how this simple truth has changed me!  Has anyone else had this experience?

I can't personally speak for anyone else on this topic but, I know exactly what you mean and it happens to me now and again. Out of the blue memories will return of things I did bad [sin's] I did long ago and feel guilty and ashamed. I had confessed those sins in prayer and asked forgiveness previously. I know I am forgiven of those sins and they will be remembered no more by the Lord; those confessed sins are separated from me as far as the East is from the West, and covered by the blood of the Lamb. Yet Satan and his minions will keep throwing those back into your face [spiritual warfare] and accuse you, and try to make your life miserable and for you to doubt, stumble and fall.

Many, most or all of us struggle in the flesh with the exact things you are bringing up. The Devil works hard trying to separate us from walking in the foot steps of Christ, living a righteous life and following Christ. The dark side knows our weaknesses and vulnerabilities better than we do. That's why it's imperative to put on the 'whole' armor of God:

Ephesians 6:13 (KJV) Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

Notice we stand and resist, using the tools available to each of us the Lord has given. I have to personally admit in my own life, I have failed at times to put on the armor of God and paid the price for not doing so. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.91
  • Days Won:  5

3 hours ago, maryjayne said:

When past sins I have repented of come to mind, I read out loud Romans 8. There is no condemnation for those in Christ.

It's my favourite chapter of the Bible so far.

Keep going.....you are getting very close to Chapter 10– my favorite - especially verse 13, the first Bible verse I taught my daughter...... 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  157
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

....AMEN

Edited by DAVID5

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,413
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 9/11/2019 at 7:57 PM, Paz said:

What do you think is the primary way the devil attacks Christians?

Primary way? Aah, by standing back and letting us attack each other?

(Satan is not omnipresent nor are his many minions.)

• Haha 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  239
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,542
  • Content Per Day:  0.77

50 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Primary way? Aah, by standing back and letting us attack each other?

(Satan is not omnipresent nor are his many minions.)

Lol thats certainly one way lol.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  239
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,542
  • Content Per Day:  0.77

On 9/12/2019 at 11:30 AM, LadyKay said:

The devil attacks me through thoughts of despair.  Been going through that all summer and also right now. 

Same. I think this is common for a lot of people.