• Group:  Seventh Day Adventist
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  334
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

A bit of historical crossover -

(Nebuchadnezzar II, 1st Year) 606/5 BC – 537/6 BC (Cyrus II, 1st year) = 70 years

Cyrus II is said to have died in 530 BC, and his reign in Babylon only lasted 7 years, placing the beginning of his reign in 537/6 BC:

"... Cyrus did not venture into Egypt, and was alleged to have died in battle, fighting the Massagetae along the Syr Darya in December 530 BC.[12][13] ..." - Cyrus the Great - Wikipedia

"... [13] Beckwith, Christopher. (2009). Empires of the Silk Road: A History of Central Eurasia from the Bronze Age to the Present. Princeton and Oxford: Princeton University Press. ISBN 978-0-691-13589-2. p. 63.

[14] Cyrus's date of death can be deduced from the last two references to his own reign (a tablet from Borsippa dated to 12 August and the final from Babylon 12 September 530 BC) and the first reference to the reign of his son Cambyses (a tablet from Babylon dated to 31 August and or 4 September), but a undocumented tablet from the city of Kish dates the last official reign of Cyrus to 4 December 530 BC; see R.A. Parker and W.H. Dubberstein, Babylonian Chronology 626 B.C. – A.D. 75, 1971. ..." - Cyrus the Great - Wikipedia

"... In the first year of the reign of Cyrus, which was the seventieth from the day that our people were removed out of their own land into Babylon, God commiserated the captivity and calamity of these poor people, according as he had foretold to them by Jeremiah the prophet, before the destruction of the city, that after they had served Nebuchadnezzar and his posterity, and after they had undergone that servitude seventy years, he would restore them again to the land of their fathers, and they should build their temple, and enjoy their ancient prosperity. And these things God did afford them; for he stirred up the mind of Cyrus, and made him write this throughout all Asia: "Thus saith Cyrus the king: Since God Almighty hath appointed me to be king of the habitable earth, I believe that he is that God which the nation of the Israelites worship; for indeed he foretold my name by the prophets, and that I should build him a house at Jerusalem, in the country of Judea." This was known to Cyrus by his reading the book which Isaiah left behind him of his prophecies; for this prophet said that God had spoken thus to him in a secret vision: "My will is, that Cyrus, whom I have appointed to be king over many and great nations, send back my people to their own land, and build my temple." This was foretold by Isaiah one hundred and forty years before the temple was demolished. Accordingly, when Cyrus read this, and admired the Divine power, an earnest desire and ambition seized upon him to fulfill what was so written; so he called for the most eminent Jews that were in Babylon, and said to them, that he gave them leave to go back to their own country, and to rebuild their city Jerusalem, and the temple of God, for that he would be their assistant, and that he would write to the rulers and governors that were in the neighborhood of their country of Judea, that they should contribute to them gold and silver for the building of the temple, and besides that, beasts for their sacrifices. ...” - Josephus; Antiquities of the Jews, Book 11, Chapter 1

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now what we need to do, is to connect scriptural history with non-scriptural history and place them side by side. The best way to do this, is found in the books of Daniel, as in the prophecies therein, are given the history from the time of the Babylonian Captivity to the end of world. It also gives us the 1,260, 1,290, 1,335, 70 weeks and 2,300 prophecies in connection with the Kingdoms it mentions in time.

In Daniel 2, 7, 8, 9, 10 & 11, we see the pattern that Babylon (Gold, Lion, etc) was identified as the first Kingdom, to be follow by Medo-Persia, followed by Greecia, followed by Rome, and its divisions unto the final stages of earth's history before the second coming:
in Daniel 7:

Symbol:

Dan 7:3 And four great beasts came up from the sea, diverse one from another.

Identification/interpretation:

Dan 7:17 These great beasts, which are four, are four kings, which shall arise out of the earth.

Symbol:

Dan 7:7 After this I saw in the night visions, and behold a fourth beast, dreadful and terrible, and strong exceedingly; and it had great iron teeth: it devoured and brake in pieces, and stamped the residue with the feet of it: and it was diverse from all the beasts that were before it; and it had ten horns.

Dan 7:19 Then I would know the truth of the fourth beast, which was diverse from all the others, exceeding dreadful, whose teeth were of iron, and his nails of brass; which devoured, brake in pieces, and stamped the residue with his feet;

Dan 7:23 Thus he said, The fourth beast shall be the fourth kingdom upon earth, which shall be diverse from all kingdoms, and shall devour the whole earth, and shall tread it down, and break it in pieces.

Since the 4th beast is "the fourth kingdom upon earth", who then were the first 3?

As we know that Daniel 2 was parallel in language to Daniel 7 (if more is needful for documentation, let me know, and it will be provided), we know who they are:

Dan. 2:32

Symbol:

“This image's head was of fine gold ...”

Dan 2:37 Thou, O king, art a king of kings: for the God of heaven hath given thee a kingdom, power, and strength, and glory.

Dan 2:38 And wheresoever the children of men dwell, the beasts of the field and the fowls of the heaven hath he given into thine hand, and hath made thee ruler over them all. Thou art this head of gold.

This is exactly in harmony with what the previous prophets said:

Isa 13:19 And Babylon, the glory of kingdoms, the beauty of the Chaldees' excellency, shall be as when God overthrew Sodom and Gomorrah.

Isa_14:4 That thou shalt take up this proverb against the king of Babylon, and say, How hath the oppressor ceased! the golden city ceased!

Jer 4:7 The lion is come up from his thicket, and the destroyer of the Gentiles is on his way; he is gone forth from his place to make thy land desolate; and thy cities shall be laid waste, without an inhabitant.

Jer 49:19 Behold, he shall come up like a lion from the swelling of Jordan against the habitation of the strong: but I will suddenly make him run away from her: and who is a chosen man, that I may appoint over her? for who is like me? and who will appoint me the time? and who is that shepherd that will stand before me?

Jer 49:20 Therefore hear the counsel of the LORD, that he hath taken against Edom; and his purposes, that he hath purposed against the inhabitants of Teman: Surely the least of the flock shall draw them out: surely he shall make their habitations desolate with them.

Jer 49:21 The earth is moved at the noise of their fall, at the cry the noise thereof was heard in the Red sea.

Jer 49:22 Behold, he shall come up and fly as the eagle, and spread his wings over Bozrah: and at that day shall the heart of the mighty men of Edom be as the heart of a woman in her pangs.

Jer 50:17 Israel is a scattered sheep; the lions have driven him away: first the king of Assyria hath devoured him; and last this Nebuchadrezzar king of Babylon hath broken his bones.

Thus parallels Daniel 7:

Dan. 7:4

The first was like a lion, and had eagle's wings: I beheld till the wings thereof were plucked, and it was lifted up from the earth, and made stand upon the feet as a man, and a man's heart was given to it.”

The next (second) Kingdom (after Babylon) to follow was:

Symbol:

“... his breast and his arms of silver, ...”

Dan 2:39 And after thee shall arise another kingdom inferior to thee,

Paralleling Daniel 7 & 8:

Dan. 7:5

Symbol:

“And behold another beast, a second, like to a bear, and it raised up itself on one side, and it had three ribs in the mouth of it between the teeth of it: and they said thus unto it, Arise, devour much flesh.”

Dan 7:17 These great beasts, which are four, are four kings, which shall arise out of the earth.

Dan 7:23 Thus he said, The fourth beast shall be the fourth kingdom upon earth, which shall be diverse from all kingdoms, and shall devour the whole earth, and shall tread it down, and break it in pieces.

Paralleling Dan. 8:

Dan. 8:3-4

Symbol:

Dan 8:3 Then I lifted up mine eyes, and saw, and, behold, there stood before the river a ram which had two horns: and the two horns were high; but one was higher than the other, and the higher came up last.

Dan 8:4 I saw the ram pushing westward, and northward, and southward; so that no beasts might stand before him, neither was there any that could deliver out of his hand; but he did according to his will, and became great.

Dan 8:20 The ram which thou sawest having two horns are the kings of Media and Persia.

Just as the other prophets said:

Isa_13:17 Behold, I will stir up the Medes against them, which shall not regard silver; and as for gold, they shall not delight in it.

Isa 21:2 A grievous vision is declared unto me; the treacherous dealer dealeth treacherously, and the spoiler spoileth. Go up, O Elam: besiege, O Media; all the sighing thereof have I made to cease.

Isa 44:27 That saith to the deep, Be dry, and I will dry up thy rivers:

Isa 44:28 That saith of Cyrus, He is my shepherd, and shall perform all my pleasure: even saying to Jerusalem, Thou shalt be built; and to the temple, Thy foundation shall be laid.

Isa 45:1 Thus saith the LORD to his anointed, to Cyrus, whose right hand I have holden, to subdue nations before him; and I will loose the loins of kings, to open before him the two leaved gates; and the gates shall not be shut;

Isa 45:2 I will go before thee, and make the crooked places straight: I will break in pieces the gates of brass, and cut in sunder the bars of iron:

Isa 45:3 And I will give thee the treasures of darkness, and hidden riches of secret places, that thou mayest know that I, the LORD, which call thee by thy name, am the God of Israel.

Jer 51:8 Babylon is suddenly fallen and destroyed: howl for her; take balm for her pain, if so be she may be healed.

Jer 51:9 We would have healed Babylon, but she is not healed: forsake her, and let us go every one into his own country: for her judgment reacheth unto heaven, and is lifted up even to the skies.

Jer 51:10 The LORD hath brought forth our righteousness: come, and let us declare in Zion the work of the LORD our God.

Jer 51:11 Make bright the arrows; gather the shields: the LORD hath raised up the spirit of the kings of the Medes: for his device is against Babylon, to destroy it; because it is the vengeance of the LORD, the vengeance of his temple.

Jer 51:28 Prepare against her the nations with the kings of the Medes, the captains thereof, and all the rulers thereof, and all the land of his dominion.

Jer 51:29 And the land shall tremble and sorrow: for every purpose of the LORD shall be performed against Babylon, to make the land of Babylon a desolation without an inhabitant.

Dan 5:25 And this is the writing that was written, MENE, MENE, TEKEL, UPHARSIN.

Dan 5:26 This is the interpretation of the thing: MENE; God hath numbered thy kingdom, and finished it.

Dan 5:27 TEKEL; Thou art weighed in the balances, and art found wanting.

Dan 5:28 PERES; Thy kingdom is divided, and given to the Medes and Persians.

Dan 5:29 Then commanded Belshazzar, and they clothed Daniel with scarlet, and put a chain of gold about his neck, and made a proclamation concerning him, that he should be the third ruler in the kingdom.

Dan 5:30 In that night was Belshazzar the king of the Chaldeans slain.

Dan 5:31 And Darius the Median took the kingdom, being about threescore and two years old.

Dan 6:8 Now, O king, establish the decree, and sign the writing, that it be not changed, according to the law of the Medes and Persians, which altereth not.

Dan_9:1 In the first year of Darius the son of Ahasuerus, of the seed of the Medes, which was made king over the realm of the Chaldeans;

Dan_10:1 In the third year of Cyrus king of Persia a thing was revealed unto Daniel, whose name was called Belteshazzar; and the thing was true, but the time appointed was long: and he understood the thing, and had understanding of the vision.

Dan 11:1 Also I in the first year of Darius the Mede, even I, stood to confirm and to strengthen him.
In fact, in the Kingdom of Medo-Persia, we see the beginning of the 2,300, see Dan. 8:1-2, "vision", "none understood" Daniel 8:13-14,26,27, connected to the 70 weeks portion of it of Daniel 9:23-27, "vision", "understanding" and Daniel 9:25, "the commandment" is directly connected to Ezra 6:14, "the commandment" and in Ezra 7, the 7th Year of Artaxerxes I Longimanus/Machrocheir, in 457 BC (fall).

There are several ways to correlate data, first we can use the scriptural ages, given from Genesis, in the genealogies, ages of kings, etc, and combine with known dates in history, such as the 7th year of Artaxerxes I Longimanus/Machrocheir, being in the Fall of 457 BC (by astronomical sources, Ptolemy's Canon, Elephantine Papyri, - Artaxerxes I of Persia - Wikipedia

And according to multiple sources:

VAT 5047 (No. -453 in ADT I), dated to year 11 of Artaxerxes I (454/453 BCE). - Chronology Persia

LBAT 1419 (No. 4 in ADT V), with one entry dated to year 21 of Xerxes (465/464 BCE). - Chronology Persia

LBAT 1387+1388+1486 (No. 56 in ADT V), mainly dated to the reign of Artaxerxes I. - Chronology Persia

Saros Tablets - LBART *1419; Accession of Artaxerxes I, pages 80-81, citing, J. N. Strassmaier in reports in ZA, VII [1892], 200, 201; VIII [1893], 106) - https://www.andrews.edu/library/car/cardigital/Periodicals/AUSS/1968-1/1968-1-05.pdf

The Chronology of Ezra 7 (1953), Siegfried H. Horn, Ph.D; Lynn H. Wood, Ph.D, page 28-30 (Conclusion) - http://www.friendsofsabbath.org/Fur...HE CHRONOLOGY OF EZRA 7 (Siegried H Horn).pdf

Elephantine Papyri - Siegfried H. Horn and Lynn H. Wood, "The Fifth-Century Jewish Calendar at Elephantine," JNES 13 (1954):14-16 - http://adamoh.org/TreeOfLife.wan.io...th_Century_Jewish_Calendar_at_Elephantine.pdf

Zondervan Illustrated Bible Dictionary, by J. D. Douglas, Merrill C. Tenney, section, "Nehemiah, book of", page 1008, par. 3 (Left-hand Column) - Zondervan Illustrated Bible Dictionary

Aramaic Ritual Texts from Persepolis, Volume 91, University of Chicago Press, 1970 pages 143-144 - Aramaic Ritual Texts from Persepolis

Ancient Israel: Its History and Meaning, by Heber Cyrus Snell, page 203 - Ancient Israel

Babylonian Chronology: 626 B.C. - A.D. 75, Part 75, by Richard A. Parker, & Waldo H. Dubberstein, page 32, Table for Artaxerxes I, 7th year, far right columns, for 1-3 months of reign (fall) - Babylonian Chronology

The Apocrypha of the Old Testament, Revised Standard version, by Bruce Manning Metzger (1965), Oxford University Press, page 16 - The Apocrypha of the Old Testament, Revised Standard version

An Epitome of General Ecclesiastical History: From the Earliest Period of Antiquity to the Present Time, by Rev. John Marsh A.M. (1828) & Adam Clarke; Chapter 6, page 75 - An Epitome of General Ecclesiastical History

We also know that John the Baptist began his ministry in AD 26 (which places Jesus ministry begun in AD 27):

...to determining when the reign of Tiberius Caesar started.[38] The traditional approach is … that the reign of Tiberius started when he became co-regent in 11AD, placing the start of the ministry of John the Baptist around 26 AD. ...” - Wikipedia; "Baptism of Jesus" - Baptism of Jesus - Wikipedia

"...John the Baptist was born about 5 BC, and now about 26 A.D. about the age of 30 he appears in the wilderness of Judea. ..." Bible-History; John the Baptist - John the Baptist Appears - Story of The New Testament (Bible History Online)

Which perfectly correlates to the 2,300 and 70 Weeks of Daniel's 8 & 9.

Take the astronomically certain 457 BC (fall) of Ezra 6:14, 7:1-28; Daniel 8 & 9, and move forward 69 weeks (Daniel 9:27; Luke 3:23), and one comes directly to AD 27 (6 months pior in AD 26 for John the Baptist and 30 years prior, Luke 3:23, come to about 4 BC for birth of Jesus, and 6 months before that, is John the Baptist), the 'anointing' of Jesus at His Baptism in the Jordan (Luke 3:21-22, 4:1,14-19), then 3 1/2 day/years later (Ezekiel 4:6 (contemporary with Daniel); Numbers 14:34, etc) and one comes to the crucifixion of Jesus in AD 31 (Hebrews 10:26), and 3 1/2 years later the stoning of Stephen in AD 34 (Acts 7:51-60), as per Hebrews 2:3, etc:

Heb 2:3 How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation; which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed unto us by them that heard him;

Rom 15:8 Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers:

The next (third) Kingdom to follow (the second, Medo-Persia) was:

Symbol:

“... his belly and his thighs of brass,”

Dan 2:39 "... and another third kingdom of brass, which shall bear rule over all the earth."

Which is parallel to Dan. 7:

Dan. 7:6

Symbol:

“After this I beheld, and lo another, like a leopard, which had upon the back of it four wings of a fowl; the beast had also four heads; and dominion was given to it.”

Which parallels Dan. 8:

Symbol:

Dan 8:5 And as I was considering, behold, an he goat came from the west on the face of the whole earth, and touched not the ground: and the goat had a notable horn between his eyes.

Dan 8:6 And he came to the ram that had two horns, which I had seen standing before the river, and ran unto him in the fury of his power.

Dan 8:7 And I saw him come close unto the ram, and he was moved with choler against him, and smote the ram, and brake his two horns: and there was no power in the ram to stand before him, but he cast him down to the ground, and stamped upon him: and there was none that could deliver the ram out of his hand.

Dan 8:8 Therefore the he goat waxed very great: and when he was strong, the great horn was broken; and for it came up four notable ones toward the four winds of heaven.

Dan 8:21 And the rough goat is the king of Grecia: and the great horn that is between his eyes is the first king.

Which parallels Dan. 11:

Dan 11:2 And now will I shew thee the truth. Behold, there shall stand up yet three kings in Persia; and the fourth shall be far richer than they all: and by his strength through his riches he shall stir up all against the realm of Grecia.

Dan 11:3 And a mighty king shall stand up, that shall rule with great dominion, and do according to his will.

Dan 11:4 And when he shall stand up, his kingdom shall be broken, and shall be divided toward the four winds of heaven; and not to his posterity, nor according to his dominion which he ruled: for his kingdom shall be plucked up, even for others beside those.

As the other prophets stated:

Dan_10:20 Then said he, Knowest thou wherefore I come unto thee? and now will I return to fight with the prince of Persia: and when I am gone forth, lo, the prince of Grecia shall come.

Eze_27:13 Javan, Tubal, and Meshech, they were thy merchants: they traded the persons of men and vessels of brass in thy market.

Then follows the division of the 3rd kingdom into 4, then 2, Dan. 7:6, 8:8, 11:4-19.

and so the Fourth Kingdom was Rome:

Dan. 2:33

Symbol:

“His legs of iron, ...”

Dan 2:40 And the fourth kingdom shall be strong as iron: forasmuch as iron breaketh in pieces and subdueth all things: and as iron that breaketh all these, shall it break in pieces and bruise.

Which parallels Dan. 7:

Dan. 7:7

Symbol:

“ After this I saw in the night visions, and behold a fourth beast, dreadful and terrible, and strong exceedingly; and it had great iron teeth: it devoured and brake in pieces, and stamped the residue with the feet of it: and it was diverse from all the beasts that were before it ...”

Dan 7:19 Then I would know the truth of the fourth beast, which was diverse from all the others, exceeding dreadful, whose teeth were of iron, and his nails of brass; which devoured, brake in pieces, and stamped the residue with his feet;

Which parallels Dan. 8:

Symbol:

Dan 8:9 And out of one of them came forth a little horn, which waxed exceeding great, toward the south, and toward the east, and toward the pleasant land.

Dan 8:23 And in the latter time of their kingdom, when the transgressors are come to the full, a king of fierce countenance, ...

Which parallels Dan. 11:

Dan 11:20 Then shall stand up in his estate a raiser of taxes in the glory of the kingdom: but within few days he shall be destroyed, neither in anger, nor in battle.

Who was the raiser of taxes in the NT after Greece, when the transgression of the Jews came to the full (Mat. 23:32)? What was the occupation of Matthew of the Publicans, whose inscription was upon the coin, and why did Joseph and Mary have to travel?

"destroyed" means "broken to pieces", and Rome was not conquered by external forces, but broke apart from within (thus "neither in anger, nor in battle"), and "few days" is contextual to the timeframe given unto it (examples upon request).

Just as Moses had said:

Deu 28:48 Therefore shalt thou serve thine enemies which the LORD shall send against thee, in hunger, and in thirst, and in nakedness, and in want of all things: and he shall put a yoke of iron upon thy neck, until he have destroyed thee.

Deu 28:49 The LORD shall bring a nation against thee from far, from the end of the earth, as swift as the eagle flieth; a nation whose tongue thou shalt not understand;

Deu 28:50 A nation of fierce countenance, which shall not regard the person of the old, nor shew favour to the young:

Deu 28:51 And he shall eat the fruit of thy cattle, and the fruit of thy land, until thou be destroyed: which also shall not leave thee either corn, wine, or oil, or the increase of thy kine, or flocks of thy sheep, until he have destroyed thee.

Deu 28:52 And he shall besiege thee in all thy gates, until thy high and fenced walls come down, wherein thou trustedst, throughout all thy land: and he shall besiege thee in all thy gates throughout all thy land, which the LORD thy God hath given thee.

Deu 28:53 And thou shalt eat the fruit of thine own body, the flesh of thy sons and of thy daughters, which the LORD thy God hath given thee, in the siege, and in the straitness, wherewith thine enemies shall distress thee:

Deu 28:54 So that the man that is tender among you, and very delicate, his eye shall be evil toward his brother, and toward the wife of his bosom, and toward the remnant of his children which he shall leave:

Deu 28:55 So that he will not give to any of them of the flesh of his children whom he shall eat: because he hath nothing left him in the siege, and in the straitness, wherewith thine enemies shall distress thee in all thy gates.

Deu 28:56 The tender and delicate woman among you, which would not adventure to set the sole of her foot upon the ground for delicateness and tenderness, her eye shall be evil toward the husband of her bosom, and toward her son, and toward her daughter,

Deu 28:57 And toward her young one that cometh out from between her feet, and toward her children which she shall bear: for she shall eat them for want of all things secretly in the siege and straitness, wherewith thine enemy shall distress thee in thy gates.

Just as Jesus had said:

Mat_24:28 For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together.

Luk_17:37 And they answered and said unto him, Where, Lord? And he said unto them, Wheresoever the body is, thither will the eagles be gathered together.

Luk 21:20 And when ye shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh.

Thus:

Daniel 2:

1. Gold = Babylon
2. Silver = Medo-Persia
3. Brass = Greece/Javan
4. Iron = Rome

Daniel 7:

1. Lion = Babylon
2. Bear = Medo-Persia (conquered 3, raised up)
3. Leopard = Greece/Javan (divided into four, wings to fly)

4. Terrible Beast = Rome

Daniel 8:

1. (Babylon not in the vision)
2. Ram = Medo-Persia (conquered 3, raised up)
3. He-Goat = Greece/Javan (divided into four, touched not the ground)

4. Little Horn = Rome

Daniel 10:

1. Babylon
2. Medo-Persia (Darius/Cyrus)
3. Greece

4. (Rome not mentioned)

Daniel 11:

1. (Babylon not in Daniel 11:, as it parallels 8)
2. Medo-Persia
3. Greece (divided)
4. Rome (vs 20)

Now let's follow that historical pattern through the kings as given in non-scriptural history:

Going back to Babylon's end, and the beginning of Medo-Persia with Cyrus II: Continuing with the successors to Cyrus II the great:

Cyrus II (537/536 BC - 530 BC) (AM 3691/2 - AM 3697)

Cambyses II [Cyrus II son] the “Ahasuerus” of Ezra 4:6 [not the Ahasuerus, the 'father' of Darius the Mede of Daniel 9:1, and neither the Ahasuerus of Esther [Xerxes I, The Great], “...which reigned, from India even unto Ethiopia, [over] an hundred and seven and twenty provinces...”]; see also Daniel 11:2 [the 1st of the 4 kings that had “yet” to Reign in Persia after Cyrus II The Great] and see also See also Ezra 4:5 “...all the days of Cyrus king of Persia, even until the reign of Darius king of Persia.” for context and period of between...

He Reigned 530 BC – 522 BC [Babylon] (AM 3697 - AM 3705) reigned about 7 1/2 years (rounded to 8)
He Reigned 525 BC – 522 BC [Egypt]

False Smerdis [aka Pseudo Bardiya [or Gaumata the Usurper/sorceror] aka [false] “Artaxerxes” of Ezra 4;7-23 [4:7,8,23]] - 522 BC (AM 3705), about 6 months to 1 year or so, before being killed, found as an impostor - [Haggai [the LORD's Messenger] and Zechariah [the son of Berechiah, the son of Iddo the Prophet] the Prophets begin during the reign of this Usurper; Ezra 5:1, 6:14]; see also Daniel 11:2 [the 2nd of the 4 kings that had “yet” to Reign in Persia after Cyrus II The Great] and Ezra 4:7; “Artaxerxes” [reigned in between Cyrus II The Great and Darius I Hystaspes The Persian The Great, see Ezra 4:5 “...all the days of Cyrus king of Persia, even until the reign of Darius king of Persia.” for the two 'bookend' kings] and see Ezra 4:7-24 [[false] Artaxerxes decree to cease building, which went against the Law of the Medes/Persians which changes not] and see Ezra 6:8-12 [Darius I Hystaspes The Persian The Great, after eliminating False Smerdis, has to re-issue the Decree of Cyrus II]

Darius I The Persian, [of] Hystaspes, The Great - 522 BC – 486 BC (AM 3705 - AM 3741) [Ezra 4:5,24, 5:5; Haggai 1:1; Zechariah 1:1; wife was Atossa [daughter of Cyrus II, The Great] [not to be confused with Darius The Mede of Daniel]] [Haggai [the LORD's Messenger] and Zechariah [the son of Berechiah, the son of Iddo the Prophet] the Prophets continue during the reign of this King; Haggai 1:1 [even unto the 2nd year; Haggai 1:15]; Zechariah 1:1 [even unto the 4th year; Zechariah 7:1]; etc]; see also Daniel 11:2 [the 3rd of the 4 kings that had “yet” to Reign in Persia after Cyrus II The Great]

Xerxes I, The Great - 486 BC - 465 BC (AM 3741 - AM 3762) [aka; Persian: Ḫšayāršā; Hebrew: 'Achashverowsh; Bible: “Ahasuerus” [“I will be silent and poor”, or “lion-king” [Gesenius's Lexicon]] [son of Darius I Hystaspes The Persian The Great; aka "Ahasuerus" [Husband] of Esther [Hadassah] of 127 Provinces; Esther 1:1] of Esther 1:1-2,9,10,15,16,17,19, 2:1,12,16,21, 3:1,7,8,12, 6:2, 7:5, 8:1,7,10,12, 9:2,20,30, 10:1,3 [not to be confused with the father of Darius the Mede in Daniel 9:1], but rather, “Now it came to pass in the days of Ahasuerus, (this [is] Ahasuerus which reigned, from India even unto Ethiopia, [over] an hundred and seven and twenty provinces” Esther 1:1; Queen was Vashti, and then Queen was [Hadassah] Esther [whose uncle was Mordecai the Jew]; Xerxes was the son of Darius The Persian and Atossa] [Esther, the Book of happens during the reign of this King]; see also Daniel 11:2 [the 4th of the 4 kings that had “yet” to Reign in Persia after Cyrus II The Great]; [“...the fourth shall be far richer than [they] all: and by his strength through his riches he shall stir up all against the realm of Grecia.”]

Artaxerxes I Longimanus/Macrocheir, The Great [Artaxerxes was the son of Xerxes I and his wife Amestris] - 465 BC – 424 BC (AM 3762 - AM 3803); his 7th year of reign is astronomically, historically, established at 457 BC (circa AM 3769); [Ezra [the scribe] in the first years at least, while Nehemiah [the cupbearer] was in the latter years at least, 20th year]]

Xerxes II [son of Artaxerxes I Longimanus] - Reigned 424 BC (AM 3803) [reigned 45 days] He was killed by brother Sogdianus.

Sogdianus [son of Artaxerxes I Longimanus] - Reigned 424 BC – 423 BC (AM 3803 - AM 3804) [reigned 6 months 15 days] He was killed by Arbarios, commander of the calvary.

Darius II [son of Artaxerxes I Longimanus; aka “Ochus” and aka “Nothos”] - Reigned 423 BC – 405 BC (AM 3804 - AM 3822); see Nehemiah 12:12

Artaxerxes II Mnemon [son of Darius II of Persia] - Reigned 405 BC – 359/8 BC (AM 3822 - AM 3868/9)

Artaxerxes III Of Persia [son of Artaxerxes II Mnemon] - Lived ca. 425 BC – 338 BC; Reigned 359/8 BC – 338 BC (AM 3868/9 - AM 3889)

Artaxerxes IV Arses Of Persia [son of Artaxerxes III Of Persia] - Reigned 338 BC – 336 BC (AM 3889 - AM 3891)

Darius III Codomannus [aka “Artashata”] - Reigned 336 BC – 330 BC (AM 3891 - AM 3897) He was defeated by Alexander The III The Great, and thus really ended the Silver Medo/Perisan reign...

Artaxerxes V [aka “Bessus”] - Reigned 330 BC (AM 3897) [lived a short rebellion, dies in 329 BC]

After the Silver Persian Kingdom, came the Brass/Bronze Greek [Greecian/Macedonian] Kingdom:

Which The Brass/Bronze Greek Empire truly began with:

Alexander III The Great Of Macedon [King of the West] [son of Phillip II Of Macedon] - Lived 356 BC – 323 BC; see Daniel 8:5,8,21; 11:3-4
Reigned 336 BC – 323 BC [Macedon]
Reigned 332 BC – 323 BC [Egypt]
Reigned 330 BC – 323 BC (AM 3897 - AM 3904) [Persia]

...temporarily succeeded by his infant son, Alexander IV Aegus [Lived 329 BC – 309 BC; Reigned 323 BC – 309 BC] and half-brother Phillip III of Macedon [aka "Arrhidaeus"] [Lived ca. 359 BC – 317 BC; Reigned 323 BC – 317 BC], both were killed.

...later after the deaths of Alexanders' son and half-brother, and the wars of the 12 Major or so Diadochi, and the division of Greece into 4 Heads, they battled and battled until only two major were really left [Lysimachus and Cassander being dropped out], 4 Heads of the Leopard Daniel 7, 4 Horns of the He-Goat of Daniel 8

[1] Ptolemy I Soter I [Saviour; aka Ptolemy Lagides] King Of The South; Lived 367 BC – 283 BC; Reigned 323 BC – 283 BC (AM 3904 - AM 3944) [Egypt; Kingdom of the South]

[2] Lysimachus [son of Agathocles] - Lived 360 BC – 281 BC; Reigned 306 BC – 281 BC [Thrace]

[3] Cassander [son of Antipater] - Lived 350 BC – 297 BC; Reigned 305 BC – 297 BC [Macedon]

[4] Seleucus I Nicator [Victor] [son of Antiochus & Laodice] King of the North - Lived 358 BC – 281 BC; Reigned 305 BC – 281 BC (AM 3922 - AM 3946) [Coele-Syria; Babylon, Kingdom of the North]

Lysimachus and those after him and Cassander and those after him, grew weaker, and thus The Two Heads/Horns that were left are these [in short]:

Ptolemy [King of the South, that is to the South of Jerusalem – Egypt]

[1] Ptolemy I Soter I 323 – 282 BC (AM 3904 - AM 3944) [first satrap/prince, then King]

[2] Ptolemy II Philadelphus 282 – 246 BC (AM 3944 - AM 3980)

[3] Ptolemy III Euergetes 246 – 222 BC (AM 3980 - AM 4004)

[4] Ptolemy IV Philopator 222 – 205/4 BC (AM 4004 - AM 4021/2)

[5] Ptolemy V Epiphanes 205/4 – 180 BC (Am 4021/2 - AM 4046)

[6] Ptolemy VI Philometor 180 – 145 BC (AM 4046 - AM 4081)

Seleucus/Antiochus [King of the North, that is to the North of Jerusalem – Babylon [Syria]]

[1] Seleucus I Nicator [Victor] 358 – 281 BC (AM 3922 - AM 3946)

[2] Antiochus I Soter [skipped, and goes straight to Antiochus II Theos] 281 – 261 BC (AM 3946 - AM 3966) [born 286 BC]

[3] Antiochus II Theos [God] 261 – 246 BC (AM 3966 - AM 3981)

[4] Seleucus II Callinicus [Beautiful Victor] or aka Pogon [Bearded] 246 – 225 BC (AM 3981 - AM 4002)

[5] Seleucus III Soter Ceraunus [Saviour Thunder] 225 – 223 BC (AM 4002 - AM 4004) [born 243 BC]

[6] Antiochus III The Great 222 – 187 BC (AM 4004 - AM 4039) [born 241 BC]

...and there really ended the rule of Brass/Bronze Greece, as Pagan Rome came up into power, and threw back Antiochus III The Great, which died attempting a robbery of a temple, and had even his son as hostage for a time ...

...other seleucids did come, but their power was weak, and Rome grew stronger ...

In the Greecian portion of Daniel 11:4,5-19, let us look at a transitioning passage, namely Daniel 11:14 more closely -

Daniel 11:14- And in those times there shall many stand up against the king of the south: also the robbers of thy people shall exalt themselves to establish the vision; but they shall fall.

Daniel 11:14 (Expanded with historical data)- And in those times there shall many [The King Of The North Antiochus III The Great; and Philip V Of Macedon; and Regents of Egypt and Egyptians in revolt and Jews [joining with Antiochus III The Great]] stand up against the king of the south [The King Of The South [5] Ptolemy V Epiphanes, a young child of the age of 5; this is in the years 205/4 – 199/8 BC]: also the robbers of thy people shall exalt themselves to establish [not "come to an end" [Psalms 7:9 KJB], not "take away" [Hebrews 10:9 KJB], not "destroy" [Proverbs 15:25 KJB], but rather, "to make" [Isaiah 62:7 KJB], "build up" [Psalms 89:4 KJB], "built up forever" [Psalms 89:2 KJB]] the vision [Daniel 8:1,2,13,15,17,26, 9:21,24, 10:14, 11:14 KJB]; but they shall fall.

Who are “thy people” according to scripture [KJB]?

The "thy people" in Daniel are the Jews/Israel, see Daniel 9:15,16,19,24, 10:14, 12:1, as seen also in Jeremiah, Ezekiel, etc.

Who then are “the robbers of thy people” according to scripture [KJB]??? It is not the Romans [Daniel 2:20, 7:23 KJB] as so often thought, because they knew nothing of the prophecies of Daniel, and in no way exalted themselves to see the vision of Daniel established, that is to fulfill it. Rather, they are “the robbers” which were among, part of, Israel. Search the Bible [KJB], and every time that the phrase “... of thy people” is used, in conjunction with another phrase, it refers to someone among the Jews, as for instance: "ruler of thy people" [Exodus 22:28 KJB], "poor of thy people" [Exodus 23:11 KJB], "children of thy people" [Leviticus 19:18 KJB], "thy servant is in the midst of thy people" [1 Kings 3:8 KJB], "supplication of thy servant, and of thy people" [1 Kings 8:30 KJB], "forgive the sin of thy people Israel" [1 Kings 8:34 KJB] and etc.

What then, does the word “the robbers” mean according to scripture [KJB]? It means the “robbers”, the “thieves” [robbing God of the return of righteousness], the false messiahs, etc, among the people, the breakers of the covenant, the sinners and rebellious sons among the people, like Theudas, like Judas of Galilee, Barabbas, the zealots, the pharisees, the sadducees, corrupt Levites, priests and high priests, etc, that all attempted to fulfill in their own way, the vision of Daniel. See:

Daniel 8:23 - And in the latter time of their kingdom, when the transgressors are come to the full, a king of fierce countenance, and understanding dark sentences, shall stand up.

Psalms 17:4 - Concerning the works of men, by the word of thy lips I have kept [me from] the paths of the destroyer6530.

Isaiah 35:9 - No lion shall be there, nor [any] ravenous6530 beast shall go up thereon, it shall not be found there; but the redeemed shall walk [there]:

Jeremiah 7:11 - Is this house, which is called by my name, become a den of robbers6530 in your eyes? Behold, even I have seen [it], saith the LORD.

Matthew 21:13 - And said unto them, It is written, My house shall be called the house of prayer; but ye have made it a den of thieves.

Mark 11:17 - And he taught, saying unto them, Is it not written, My house shall be called of all nations the house of prayer? but ye have made it a den of thieves.

Luke 19:46 - Saying unto them, It is written, My house is the house of prayer: but ye have made it a den of thieves.

Isaiah 1:23 - Thy princes [are] rebellious, and companions of thieves: every one loveth gifts, and followeth after rewards: they judge not the fatherless, neither doth the cause of the widow come unto them.

John 10:1 - Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber3027.

John 10:8 - All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them.

John 10:10 - The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have [it] more abundantly.

John 18:40 - Then cried they all again, saying , Not this man, but Barabbas. Now Barabbas was a robber3027.

Hosea 7:1 - When I would have healed Israel, then the iniquity of Ephraim was discovered, and the wickedness of Samaria: for they commit falsehood; and the thief cometh in, [and] the troop of robbers spoileth without.

Ezekiel 7:22 - My face will I turn also from them, and they shall pollute my secret [place]: for the robbers6530 shall enter into it, and defile it.

Ezekiel 18:10 - If he beget a son [that is] a robber6530, a shedder of blood, and [that] doeth the like to [any] one of these [things],

Hosea 4:2 - By swearing , and lying , and killing , and stealing , and committing adultery , they break out6555 , and blood toucheth blood.

Acts 21:38 - Art not thou that Egyptian, which before these days madest an uproar, and leddest out into the wilderness four thousand men that were murderers?

Isaiah 1:2 - Hear, O heavens, and give ear, O earth: for the LORD hath spoken, I have nourished and brought up children, and they have rebelled against me. [rebellious sons, covenant breakers, transgressors, thus sinners]

Acts 5:36 - For before these days rose up Theudas, boasting himself to be somebody; to whom a number of men, about four hundred, joined themselves: who was slain; and all, as many as obeyed him, were scattered, and brought to nought.

Acts 5:37 - After this man rose up Judas of Galilee in the days of the taxing, and drew away much people after him: he also perished; and all, [even] as many as obeyed him, were dispersed.

They could not usher in everlasting righteousness, and could not stand [righteous], but they all fell [sin, sinned].

Ecclesiastes 7:29 - Lo, this only have I found, that God hath made man upright; but they have sought out many inventions.

Psalms 5:10 - Destroy thou them, O God; let them fall by their own counsels; cast them out in the multitude of their transgressions; for they have rebelled against thee.

Psalms 20:8 - They are brought down and fallen: but we are risen, and stand upright.

Psalms 36:12 - There are the workers of iniquity fallen: they are cast down, and shall not be able to rise.

Proverb 10:8 - The wise in heart will receive commandments: but a prating fool shall fall.

Proverbs 11:5 - The righteousness of the perfect shall direct his way: but the wicked shall fall by his own wickedness.

Proverbs 11:14 - Where no counsel is, the people fall: but in the multitude of counsellors there is safety.

Proverbs 11:28 - He that trusteth in his riches shall fall: but the righteous shall flourish as a branch.

Proverbs 16:18 - Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall.

Hosea 4:14 - I will not punish your daughters when they commit whoredom, nor your spouses when they commit adultery: for themselves are separated with whores, and they sacrifice with harlots: therefore the people that doth not understand shall fall.

Hosea 5:5 - And the pride of Israel doth testify to his face: therefore shall Israel and Ephraim fall in their iniquity; Judah also shall fall with them.

Hosea 14:1 - O Israel, return unto the LORD thy God; for thou hast fallen by thine iniquity.

Isaiah 8:15 - And many among them shall stumble, and fall, and be broken, and be snared, and be taken.

Luke 2:34 - And Simeon blessed them, and said unto Mary his mother, Behold, this child is set for the fall and rising again of many in Israel; and for a sign which shall be spoken against;

1 Corinthians 10:12 - Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.

Galatians 5:4 - Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

1 Timothy 3:6 - Not a novice, lest being lifted up with pride he fall into the condemnation of the devil.

1 Timothy 3:7 - Moreover he must have a good report of them which are without; lest he fall into reproach and the snare of the devil.

Only Christ Jesus could fulfill the vision of Daniel.

False Prophets / Messiahs arise, and false claimants as Israel's Political Deliverer / Saviour.

- Theudas, “boasting himself to be somebody” [Acts 5:36]

- Judas of Galilee [Acts 5:37]

- Zealots [Luke 6:15; Acts 1:13]

- the Egyptian [Acts 21:38]

- Barabbas [Matthew 27:16,17,20,21,26; Mark 15:11,15; Luke 23:18; John 18:40]

- Jews, like Pharisees, Sadducees, and Leaders like Annas and Caiaphas, etc. [Matthew 21:13; Mark 11:17; Luke 19:46; John 8:44]

Daniel 8:23, 11:14; Psalms 17:4; Isaiah 1:2,23, 10:2, 35:9; Jeremiah 7:11; Ezekiel 7:22, 18:10; Hosea 4:2, 7:1; Malachi 3:8,9; Matthew 21:13, 23:14,28-33; Mark 7:9-13, 11:17, 12:40; Luke 19:46, 20:47; John 10:1,8,10, 18:40; Acts 5:36,37, 21:38
Fall:

Ecclesiastes 7:29; Psalms 5:10, 20:8, 36:12; Proverbs 10:8, 11:5,14,28, 16:18; Hosea 4:14, 5:5, 14:1; Isaiah 8:15; Luke 2:34; 1 Corinthians 10:12; Galatians 5:4; 1 Timothy 3:6,7

Matthew 23:32 - “Fill ye up then the measure of your fathers.”