• Group:  Seventh Day Adventist
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  334
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

Let us now consider Daniel 11:20 -

Daniel 11:20- Then shall stand up in his estate a raiser of taxes in the glory of the kingdom: but within few days he shall be destroyed, neither in anger, nor in battle.

What does “stand up in his estate” mean according to the scripture [KJB]? It means to come to the ruling position or office and execute judgment, and can even mean the close of probation:

Acts 4:26 - The kings of the earth stood up, and the rulers were gathered together against the Lord, and against his Christ.

Job 34:24 - He shall break in pieces mighty men without number, and set others in their stead.

Psalms 106:30 - Then stood up Phinehas, and executed judgment: and so the plague was stayed.

Daniel 12:1 - And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.

Luke 13:25 - When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us; and he shall answer and say unto you, I know you not whence ye are:

Acts 7:55 - But he, being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up stedfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God,

Acts 7:56 - And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God.

Genesis 40:13 - Yet within three days shall Pharaoh lift up thine head, and restore thee unto thy place: and thou shalt deliver Pharaoh's cup into his hand, after the former manner when thou wast his butler.

Genesis 41:13 - And it came to pass, as he interpreted to us, so it was; me he restored unto mine office, and him he hanged.

Jude 1:6 - And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.

What is the “glory of the kingdom”? It is Jerusalem in Judaea, and later we shall see it also represents the Church itself.

Isaiah 4:2 - In that day shall the branch of the LORD be beautiful and glorious, and the fruit of the earth [shall be] excellent and comely for them that are escaped of Israel.

Jeremiah 3:19 - But I said , How shall I put thee among the children, and give thee a pleasant land, a goodly heritage of the hosts of nations? and I said , Thou shalt call me, My father; and shalt not turn away from me.

Ezekiel 7:2 - Also, thou son of man, thus saith the Lord GOD unto the land of Israel; An end, the end is come upon the four corners of the land.

Ezekiel 7:20 - As for the beauty of his ornament, he set it in majesty: but they made the images of their abominations [and] of their detestable things therein: therefore have I set it far from them.

Ezekiel 20:6 - In the day [that] I lifted up mine hand unto them, to bring them forth of the land of Egypt into a land that I had espied for them, flowing with milk and honey, which [is] the glory of all lands.

Ezekiel 20:15 - Yet also I lifted up my hand unto them in the wilderness, that I would not bring them into the land which I had given [them], flowing with milk and honey, which [is] the glory of all lands;

Ezekiel 20:38 - And I will purge out from among you the rebels, and them that transgress against me: I will bring them forth out of the country where they sojourn, and they shall not enter into the land of Israel: and ye shall know that I [am] the LORD.

Ezekiel 20:40 - For in mine holy mountain, in the mountain of the height of Israel, saith the Lord GOD, there shall all the house of Israel, all of them in the land, serve me: there will I accept them, and there will I require your offerings, and the firstfruits of your oblations, with all your holy things.

Ezekiel 20:42 - And ye shall know that I [am] the LORD, when I shall bring you into the land of Israel, into the country [for] the which I lifted up mine hand to give it to your fathers.

Daniel 8:9 - And out of one of them came forth a little horn, which waxed exceeding great , toward the south, and toward the east, and toward the pleasant [land].

Daniel 11:16 - But he that cometh against him shall do according to his own will, and none shall stand before him: and he shall stand in the glorious land, which by his hand shall be consumed.

Daniel 11:45 - And he shall plant the tabernacles of his palace between the seas in the glorious holy mountain; yet he shall come to his end, and none shall help him.

Thus Daniel 11:20, and the “tax” in the glory of the Kingdom [Jerusalem] was by Pagan Rome. See Joseph and Mary and the Roman tax, Matthew the publican, Zacchaeus the publican, and many publicans in the days of “Caesar”, thus give unto Caesar what is Caesar's:

Matthew 22:17 - Tell us therefore, What thinkest thou? Is it lawful to give tribute unto Caesar, or not?
Matthew 22:18- But Jesus perceived their wickedness, and said, Why tempt ye me, ye hypocrites?

Matthew 22:19- Shew me the tribute money. And they brought unto him a penny.

Matthew 22:20- And he saith unto them, Whose is this image and superscription?

Matthew 22:21- They say unto him, Caesar's. Then saith he unto them, Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto God the things that are God's.

Mark 12:14 - And when they were come, they say unto him, Master, we know that thou art true, and carest for no man: for thou regardest not the person of men, but teachest the way of God in truth: Is it lawful to give tribute to Caesar, or not?

Mark 12:16- And they brought it. And he saith unto them, Whose is this image and superscription? And they said unto him, Caesar's.

Mark 12:17- And Jesus answering said unto them, Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and to God the things that are God's. And they marvelled at him.

Mark 2:14 - And as he passed by, he saw Levi the son of Alphaeus sitting at the receipt of custom, and said unto him, Follow me. And he arose and followed him.

Luke 2:1 - And it came to pass in those days, that there went out a decree from Caesar Augustus, that all the world should be taxed.

Luke 2:3- And all went to be taxed, every one into his own city.
Luke 2:5- To be taxed with Mary his espoused wife, being great with child.

Luke 5:27 - And after these things he went forth, and saw a publican, named Levi, sitting at the receipt of custom: and he said unto him, Follow me.

Luke 5:29 - And Levi made him a great feast in his own house: and there was a great company of publicans and of others that sat down with them.

Luke 19:2 - And, behold, there was a man named Zacchaeus, which was the chief among the publicans, and he was rich.

Luke 20:22 - Is it lawful for us to give tribute unto Caesar, or no?

Luke 20:24 - Shew me a penny. Whose image and superscription hath it? They answered and said, Caesar's.

Luke 20:25 - And he said unto them, Render therefore unto Caesar the things which be Caesar's, and unto God the things which be God's.

Luke 23:2 - And they began to accuse him, saying, We found this fellow perverting the nation, and forbidding to give tribute to Caesar, saying that he himself is Christ a King.

Matthew 10:3 - Philip, and Bartholomew; Thomas, and Matthew the publican; James the son of Alphaeus, and Lebbaeus, whose surname was Thaddaeus;

Roman 13:7 - Render therefore to all their dues: tribute to whom tribute is due; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honour to whom honour.

What does “within few days” mean in the context of being “destroyed”, or broken to pieces [ie. Rome would be broken into ten portions]? This one is quite interesting, as it has various definitions in scripture [KJB]:

Psalms 109:8 - Let his days be few; and let another take his office.

Proverbs 6:15 - Therefore shall his calamity come suddenly; suddenly shall he be broken without remedy.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Various times, in regards “few days”:

a few days old, just born:

Job 14:1 - Man that is born of a woman is of few days, and full of trouble.

a few days of chastening:

Hebrews 12:10 - For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness.

10 Days:

Genesis 24:55;p - “... us a few days, at the least ten ...”

2 Days, a Month or a Year:

Numbers 9:20 - And so it was, when the cloud was a few days upon the tabernacle; according to the commandment of the LORD they abode in their tents, and according to the commandment of the LORD they journeyed.

Numbers 9:21- And so it was, when the cloud abode from even unto the morning, and that the cloud was taken up in the morning, then they journeyed: whether it was by day or by night that the cloud was taken up, they journeyed.

Numbers 9:22- Or whether it were two days, or a month, or a year, that the cloud tarried upon the tabernacle, remaining thereon, the children of Israel abode in their tents, and journeyed not: but when it was taken up, they journeyed.

7 Years:

Genesis 29:20 - And Jacob served seven years for Rachel; and they seemed unto him but a few days, for the love he had to her.

20 Years:

Genesis 27:44 - And tarry with him a few days, until thy brother's fury turn away;

Genesis 27:45 - Until thy brother's anger turn away from thee, and he forget that which thou hast done to him: then I will send, and fetch thee from thence: why should I be deprived also of you both in one day?

Genesis 31:41 - Thus have I been twenty years in thy house; I served thee fourteen years for thy two daughters, and six years for thy cattle: and thou hast changed my wages ten times.

130 Years:

Genesis 47:9 - And Jacob said unto Pharaoh, The days of the years of my pilgrimage are an hundred and thirty years: few and evil have the days of the years of my life been, and have not attained unto the days of the years of the life of my fathers in the days of their pilgrimage.

A lifetime:

Job 10:20 - Are not my days few? cease then, and let me alone, that I may take comfort a little,

A “few days”, therefore signifies as much time as is required to accomplish what is spoken of, whether a matter of moments, or to centuries. It seems to also signify within a single moment, suddenly, at the culmination of the time, ie 'in a single day' or 'within a few moments' it would come to this or that.

What then does “destroyed” mean according to scripture? It means to be broken to pieces, shattered. Rome would come to be divided and not overthrown by another world power.
Iron Rome broken to pieces, divided:

Daniel 2:40 - And the fourth kingdom shall be strong as iron: forasmuch as iron breaketh in pieces and subdueth all things: and as iron that breaketh all these, shall it break in peices and bruise.

Daniel 2:41- And whereas thou sawest the feet and toes, part of potters' clay, and part of iron, the kingdom shall be divided; but there shall be in it of the strength of the iron, forasmuch as thou sawest the iron mixed with miry clay.

Daniel 2:42- And as the toes of the feet were part of iron, and part of clay, so the kingdom shall be partly strong, and partly broken.

Daniel 2:43- And whereas thou sawest iron mixed with miry clay, they shall mingle themselves with the seed of men: but they shall not cleave one to another, even as iron is not mixed with clay.

Daniel 7:7 - After this I saw in the night visions, and behold a fourth beast, dreadful and terrible, and strong exceedingly; and it had great iron teeth: it devoured and brake in pieces, and stamped the residue with the feet of it: and it was diverse from all the beasts that were before it; and it had ten horns.

Daniel 7:20 - And of the ten horns that were in his head, and of the other which came up, and before whom three fell; even of that horn that had eyes, and a mouth that spake very great things, whose look was more stout than his fellows.

Daniel 7:24 - And the ten horns out of this kingdom are ten kings that shall arise: and another shall rise after them; and he shall be diverse from the first, and he shall subdue three kings.

The same word used for “destroyed” is used throughout:

Broken idols, images:

Exodus 23:24 - Thou shalt not bow down to their gods, nor serve them, nor do after their works: but thou shalt utterly overthrow them, and quite break down their images.

1 Kings 19:11 - And he said, Go forth, and stand upon the mount before the LORD. And, behold, the LORD passed by, and a great and strong wind rent the mountains, and brake in pieces the rocks before the LORD; but the LORD was not in the wind: and after the wind an earthquake; but the LORD was not in the earthquake:

2 Kings 11:18 - And all the people of the land went into the house of Baal, and brake it down; his altars and his images brake they in pieces thoroughly, and slew Mattan the priest of Baal before the altars. And the priest appointed officers over the house of the LORD.

2 Kings 18:4 - He removed the high places, and brake the images, and cut down the groves, and brake in pieces the brasen serpent that Moses had made: for unto those days the children of Israel did burn incense to it: and he called it Nehushtan.

2 Kings 23:14 - And he brake in pieces the images, and cut down the groves, and filled their places with the bones of men.

2 Chronicles 23:17 - Then all the people went to the house of Baal, and brake it down, and brake his altars and his images in pieces, and slew Mattan the priest of Baal before the altars.

2 Chronicles 31:1 - Now when all this was finished, all Israel that were present went out to the cities of Judah, and brake the images in pieces, and cut down the groves, and threw down the high places and the altars out of all Judah and Benjamin, in Ephraim also and Manasseh, until they had utterly destroyed them all. Then all the children of Israel returned, every man to his possession, into their own cities.

2 Chronicles 34:4 - And they brake down the altars of Baalim in his presence; and the images, that were on high above them, he cut down; and the groves, and the carved images, and the molten images, he brake in pieces, and made dust of them, and strowed it upon the graves of them that had sacrificed unto them.

Kingdom broken to pieces:

Daniel 8:7 And I saw him come close unto the ram, and he was moved with choler against him, and smote the ram, and brake his two horns: and there was no power in the ram to stand before him, but he cast him down to the ground, and stamped upon him: and there was none that could deliver the ram out of his hand.

Moses broke the Tables of the Ten Commandments:

Exodus 32:19 - And it came to pass, as soon as he came nigh unto the camp, that he saw the calf, and the dancing: and Moses' anger waxed hot, and he cast the tables out of his hands, and brake them beneath the mount.

Deuteronomy 9:17 - And I took the two tables, and cast them out of my two hands, and brake them before your eyes.

Deuteronomy 10:1 - At that time the LORD said unto me, Hew thee two tables of stone like unto the first, and come up unto me into the mount, and make thee an ark of wood.

Deuteronomy 10:2- And I will write on the tables the words that were in the first tables which thou brakest, and thou shalt put them in the ark.

A city and its people broken up:

Jeremiah 19:11 - And shalt say unto them, Thus saith the LORD of hosts; Even so will I break this people and this city, as one breaketh a potter's vessel, that cannot be made whole again: and they shall bury them in Tophet, till there be no place to bury.

Brass broken to pieces and carried away:

Jeremiah 52:17 - Also the pillars of brass that were in the house of the LORD, and the bases, and the brasen sea that was in the house of the LORD, the Chaldeans brake, and carried all the brass of them to Babylon.

Trees broken, or shattered, to pieces:

Exodus 9:25 - And the hail smote throughout all the land of Egypt all that was in the field, both man and beast; and the hail smote every herb of the field, and brake every tree of the field.

Ships broken to pieces by winds and waves:

Psalms 48:7 - Thou breakest the ships of Tarshish with an east wind.

Then “neither in anger, nor in battle”, refers to being divided, and broken up, but not conquered.

What is amazing, is that by Daniel 11:20 KJB, Jerusalem would be leveled to the ground by Rome, even as it was earlier leveled to the ground by Babylon.

The only reason to go through all of that, was not merely to link the Kingdoms from the time of Babylon (606) to Medo-Persia (536) and the 70 years, but to then connect the scriptural history to non-scriptural history (secular) and then obtain the remaining dates and times.

The 2,300 of Daniel 8:1-2,13-14,26, etc (70 weeks, 1,260, 1,290, 1,335, all of which are a subportion the 2,300) bring us down to our day.

Therefore, we can go back to the king of Greecia, and start from there, and continue into Rome:

[6] Antiochus III The Great 222 – 187 BC (AM 4004 - AM 4039) [born 241 BC]

transfer of strength to Rome 187 BC - 168 BC (AM 4039 - AM 4058)

Rome 168 BC (AM 4058)

"... In 168 BC, it [Pella] was sacked by the Romans, and its treasury transported to Rome, and Livy reported how the city looked in 167 BC to Lucius Aemilius Paulus Macedonicus, the Roman who defeated Perseus at the battle of Pydna: ..." - Pella - Wikipedia

"... The third and second century BC saw the establishment of Roman hegemony over the Mediterranean and the East, through the three Punic Wars (264–146 BC) fought against the city of Carthage and the three Macedonian Wars (212–168 BC) against Macedonia.[34] Then were established the first Roman provinces: Sicily, Sardinia and Corsica, Hispania, Macedonia, Achaea and Africa.[35] ..." - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rome

(Lucius Cornelius Sulla Felix)

And after a short period comes along Julius Caesar:

"... Gaius Julius Caesar (/ˈsiːzər/; Latin pronunciation: [ˈɡaː.i.ʊs ˈjuː.li.ʊs ˈkae̯.sar]; 12 or 13 July 100 BC – 15 March 44 BC), known by his nomen and cognomen Julius Caesar ..." - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julius_Caesar

(etc)

Julius Caesar - Ruled Rome - October 49 BC – 15 March 44 BC (AM 4177 - AM 4182)

Gaius Octavius Thurinus (Augustus) - Ruled Rome (40 years) - 16 January 27 BC - 19 August AD 14 (AM 4199 - AM 4239, no year 0, goes from 1 BC to AD 1)

The date of 1 BC (circa AM 4225)

The date of AD 1 (circa AM 4226)

Thus from 1 BC to AD 2019, we need to add 2019 years to AM 4225;

AM 4225 (1 BC) + 2019 years = AM 6244 ish.