Why are dreams difficult/complex?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  23
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Dreams (not all) are messages from God. Repeatedly, in the bible God through dreams passed messages to and directed His people.

My question is: why are dreams complex, difficult to understand? And who do one meet for clarification?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.95
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

1 hour ago, Jo Ash said:

My question is: why are dreams complex, difficult to understand? And who do one meet for clarification?

The human mind is more complex than can be fully comprehended. Dreams more than not come from our own psyche of mental and emotional thoughts. Many dreams have little or no sense to them whatsoever. Others, and I know this is also my personal experience, can evolve out of how things are going in the present or past tense. Work or former occupations, people, friends and family relationships, living or passed on, etc.

I've had some very unusual ones in the last year and a half. Most of them were situationally related to my present environment. The rest are listed above. Dream on, brother. Unless they seem spiritually oriented, don't even try to interpret them. I'd say most Christian believers have few they would consider from the Lord. Attempting to understand them will only give you a headache! God will give enlightenment if meant to. 

• Thumbs Up 4

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

Dreams are images and pictures that your mind shows you while you sleep. While the other parts of your body slows way down when you sleep your mind stays very active. You subconscious is working in your mind when you sleep. Maybe even trying to work out some unresolved issues. 

• Thumbs Up 4

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,272
  • Content Per Day:  1.73

6 hours ago, Jo Ash said:

Dreams (not all) are messages from God. Repeatedly, in the bible God through dreams passed messages to and directed His people.

God sends dream generally to two types of people.

Those who do not have the bible or other Christians to get advice from or those who are disobedient and he is trying to save them.

As a general rule, if you have a bible you Do Not Need message via dreams etc

As Paul says in Romans 12:1+2 get bibled biased brains so you know what od wants of you.

• Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2

8 hours ago, Jo Ash said:

The vast majority of dreams are just our brain restoring chemical balance while we sleep.  They can sometimes reflect our mental state.  For example, for a time I was much too concerned with my job and under much stress.  My dreams during this time almost always consisted of images from my day at work.  After I stopped worrying about work so much, my dreams went back to typical randomness.  

One thing to note about spiritual or prophetic dreams is that they were rare occurrences in an individual's life.   Joseph (OT) had 2 such dreams, not hundreds.   Abimelech had one.   Joseph (NT) only had a few and at times when he needed to make an important decision and those were quite explicit and impossible to miss.

Most of our dreams are relatively random and perhaps reflect something going on in our lives.  Dreams of direction from God are relatively rare and those receiving them know there is something very different about those dreams.  I don't think there is much to understand in dreams except that recurring patterns or dreams might give some insight into things that deeply worry us.  The rare dreams from God will also in some manner include God's guidance for understanding them.  Both Joseph (OT) and Daniel when interpreting dreams for rulers said that the interpretations come from God.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.67

9 hours ago, Jo Ash said:

Not all dreams are messages from God, only a handful were interpreted in the Bible, by Daniel and Joseph.

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

11 hours ago, Jo Ash said:

I think you are overemphasizing the importance of dreams. The Lord can reveal things to us in dreams, and even speak to us, but in my experience, it doesn't happen very often.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,488
  • Content Per Day:  1.44

11 hours ago, Jo Ash said:

Dreams can be from God, or they could be from demons you have allowed to operate in your mind. For example Incubus and Succubus demons from the filth you put in your mind. If Your life is Focused on the World, and material things in the World, your dreams will be Worldly. If your mind is filled with Godly things then Your dreams can become Godly, and Spiritual. The Big mistake many Christians make is to apply these Godly dreams as prophecy for the world to hear. Most are warnings to yourself, showing you where your actions will lead if you continue in them. For example, I got involved with one of those groups that had a "word from the Lord" on a daily Basis, and the messages seemed to be very legitimate, But the Lord gave me a dream that compared them to a chain of pearls around the neck, similar to  what the Pope wears, and that they were a chain of bondage designed to look like an ornament or jewelry.

Do You have a dream that needs interpreting?   

Edited by dhchristian

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  205
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

I'm sitting on my front step. An older man in a yellow shirt walks up, pushing a bicycle.

"Hey!," He says, "You wanna come to Jake's birthday party?"

Who the heck is Jake?

He explains to me that they made far too many invitations, and in lieu of people, he's handing out tickets to Jake's birthday party.

Do... Do I know Jake?

He shoves a handful of about 27 pink tickets into my hands without waiting for an answer. A few spill onto the ground. He tells me to invite some friends. He never told me a day or time, he just smiled and walked away.

Seriously, who is Jake?

---------

Dreams are a confusing, nonsensical mess. The only dream I can remember that made any sense was one of me lying awake, trying to sleep. Every other dream I have ever had has been stupid and/or confusing. I'm pretty sure even if I did have a dream with a message, I'd be highly likely to just write it off.

Thinking on it though, I think God is well aware of what works with different people. A dream would likely fly over my head, so I've never experienced it (or I wrote it off if I did). There might be someone or some situation though where it might be the best option.

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,868
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

I guess I don't get the dreams for God talks to me in a much different way.....    and usually it's a tap on the shoulder and that small voice that says, "Don't do that".

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1