• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  667
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  0

Hi Jo Ash,

I believe that God mostly speaks to people today through His Word the Bible. However, many years ago (before I even read His Word or thought about God) I had two dreams that were so vivid, detailed and made such an impact on me that I knew they were of God. I believe it was a “wake up” call literally to change the direction of my life.

You ask who do you go to get clarification on dreams?  I say to go directly to God and ask Him in prayer if you have any dreams that you’d like to further understand.

• Jeremiah 33:3, “Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.”
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.66
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

Whenever the Lord got to me in a dream--there was no doubt that it was the Lord. The same goes for whenever He has given me specific and detailed direction or a 'vision' while awake.

The Lord is perfectly capable of getting something across to you when He wishes.

I've recognized these things to fall into two categories.

1. personal instruction, edification or faith building

2. for community instruction, edification or faith building

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  23
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Great, very many helpful contributions here. Thanks!  

The dreams I'm having are kind of prophetic. They are like pointers to events that will happen daily in my life. The challenge I'm having is that they aren't clear, not easy to decode. 

Most times, the dream(s)/picture(s) I see just before I wake from sleep, somehow happens that day or a few days from that day. And there are others that take a very long time to happen - mostly the ones I have just after midnight. 

I can never tell what they mean whenever I have them but will always recall and understand /remember them when they've happened. 

For instance, a church building in my country collapsed some years ago. Then in 2017,It has not been completed but was already in use. 

Now, more than a year before it collapsed October 14th,2016, I had this dream:

A man who was walking pass me (passer-by), seems to be talking to himself:

"I see concrete, what is it going to be used for...? 

"To build a house? "

"... close to 'Pourers' of Rain Assembly' or is it, 'Reigners' Assembly?" 

He kept talking as he walked away. The entire scene was a bit dark. 

The man's voice was conversational, like a pastor/prophet giving a prophesy. 

I had no idea what it meant then, until on December 10th, 2017, when it was reported on tv: 'An uncompleted church building has collapsed, killing scores of worshippers' 

The name was given as: Reigners' Assembly. 

Immediately, I remembered the dream. And it all made sense.

The pastor of the church has the prophetic ability, hence the man in my dream was speaking like a prophet. The mention of 'concrete' and 'to build a house' refers to the church still under construction. And the not-too-bright background of the dream represented the tragedy.

So, these are not just some random pictures/dreams my brain is setting off while trying to relax. They are not. 

And it necessitated my question: why the complexity? 

If it's a dream from God, shouldn't it be clear, so that at least I can pray against it? 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  1,185
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  02/19/1971

On 9/11/2019 at 11:20 PM, Jo Ash said:

Dreams (not all) are messages from God. Repeatedly, in the bible God through dreams passed messages to and directed His people.

My question is: why are dreams complex, difficult to understand? And who do one meet for clarification?

I would think it’s not difficult at all for one with the gift of interpreting dreams. The hardest part for you or I is finding that brother or sister.

• Thumbs Up 1

DustyRoad, 

I can tell you really know how it feels. You understand what I'm saying totally. It's difficult to bear...

But I hear you. I've been praying and will continue praying for wisdom and understanding.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,167
  • Content Per Day:  1.22

Hi Joe Ash, it is wise counsel to go to God in prayer and ask wait patiently on His answer.

God gives to whoever He wills.

But the devil also can come into our dreams, even give us prophetic dreams.

Dreams can have many possibilities. they can be just a cleansing of the subconscious, trying to sort things out of current or past events. they can be nightmares, from indigestion or nightmares coming from a darker side  or dreams coming as a warning or revelation  from God.

For sure the occult and pagans believes in dreams and one can find many books on the interpretation of dreams through the new age movement, that is not really new age.  It is just old age pagan, occult witchcraft repackaged to appeal to the world system of today .

What the bible has to say:

Joel 2:28 I Will Pour Out My Spirit
28And afterward, I will pour out My Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your old men will dream dreams, your young men will see visions. 29Even on My menservants and maidservants, I will pour out My Spirit in those days.…

Acts 2:17 Peter Preaches to the Crowd
16No, this is what was spoken by the prophet Joel: 17‘In the last days, God says, I will pour out My Spirit on all people; your sons and daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions, your old men will dream dreams. 18Even on My menservants and maidservants I will pour out My Spirit in those days, and they will prophesy.…

-----------------------------

If you and or have any family members past or present who dabbled in the occult, witchcraft, went to a psychic or clairvoyant those familiar spirits can follow you around and even give you prophetic dreams.

Acts 16:16-40

16 And it came to pass, as we went to prayer, a certain damsel possessed with a spirit of divination met us, which brought her masters much gain by soothsaying:

17 The same followed Paul and us, and cried, saying, These men are the servants of the most high God, which shew unto us the way of salvation.

18 And this did she many days. But Paul, being grieved, turned and said to the spirit, I command thee in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her. And he came out the same hour.

Best to pray to God that if your dreams are no coming from a good place to free yourself from them by praying to our Lord and Savior Christ Jesus to remove them from you.

On the other hand the dream may come from God. Again if you pray about it to God and ask him to reveal if it is coming form Him..

-----------------------

My personal experience

My grandfather on my mothers side found Christ Jesus through a dream that he dreamt. In it He saw Christ Jesus on the cross coming down and placing His three fingers in my grandfathers mouth. From that dream onwards, my grandfather became a great believer in Gods plan of Mercy and Grace and spoke to every body He met about the Mercy and Grace of God through Christ Jesus.   My grandfather in his last years helped to bring to my own remembrance Gods Word, by having me read to him different passages in the bible that he told me to go to and read.

Yet I had strayed from God, dabbling in divers worldly philosophies as well as occult and pagan philosophies and my self having been told by even my mother to go to  a few soothsayers . Those things I have since rebuked the spirits from where that comes from and asked God for forgiveness.   my mother who seemed to be a christian herself had once gone to a soothsayer when she herself was a teenager.

So IDK but maybe from my family line ( i think of my mother, she may also have gotten a spirit of divination after she dabbled with having gone to a clairvoyant as a teenager.) My mother would have dreams or visions that came true about certain events. she herself I don't think she was much aware of it but, the things she would dream about and some concerning me, did occur, that she herself was not completely fully aware of.  After my father l passed away,My mother at 47 years, left the RCC to join a bible believe christian church. Through her years in her christian walk she did grew in the Lord.   In her last living years, she kept a diary in which she wrote some of her dreams and thoughts. I found that diary only after my mom had passed. In the diary she dreamt  several dreams that came to be. she dreamt of the day of her death and wrote in detail certain things that truly did happen on the day of her stroke and consequent death. she also dreamed about me moving to the county and even describe some people who she claimed sh did not know who helped me move. these people she described where indeed people she did not know,but she described them accurately. After she passed I also found a not pad where she wrote down figures, _she used to be a book keeper, anyhow next to to figures she wrote down on her not pad was: John Ritter still before the Lord with a question mark, Now my mother wrote this in may of 2003, she died in June of 2003 and John ritter died in September 2003. what is even more puzzeling is that my mother did not follow Hollywood actors or even know of their names and so from her to right down the full name of actor John Ritter was a bit weird to see.

Also weird things happens the day of my mothers accident /stoke. In my own place a window awning fell to the ground and landed right next to the fireplace where my mother stood a few weeks before for a picture. The awning fell in the early morning around 5-6 a., around the time my mother probably had her stroke. At the time I though it was my two cats running around , but later put together the pieces. Also it was very strange for my window awning to get to fall unto the floor and land were it landed. The morning of the accident ,my brother called me to say he had found my mother and asked where she kept her medicare card as the ambulance needed it to bring her to the hospital. I told him where she kept it and began myself driving to the hospital to meet them. While I was driving to the hospital, I was praying to God and then at the corner midway to the hospital, I felt a sudden peace come over me from the top of my head to my solar plexus and heard my mother say to me (not in voice but in spirit voice)" I am OK with my name, I am ok.. Then I knew her spirit was already our of her body or roaming about. Yet she was not yet completely passed. After she died, in deep grief,I would hear her from time to time tell me(in an unaudivle voice) that she was ok. this went on off and on for a year or so and then stopped.

Also the clocks stopped functioning at my mother place and a mirror above her commode fell and landed without breaking between  the hot and cold faucets.  Then,  the summer of my mother death, it happened three times, once at my mothers house, once at my place and another at our family country house that the phone wrung and when I picked it up , there was like a static buzz that I have never heard before or afterward.  Also that summer whilst I was cutting the grass on an estate mower in the country with  earplugs in my ears to cut the sound of the mower, as I was driving and praising the Lord, again my mothers voice came to me( not audible but in spirit) this time it was not in a peaceful" I am o.k." this time  my mothers voice kept coming in rather strongly almost like she was screaming at me. I wondered what that was all about, then I decided to fill up my  estate lawnmower with more gasoline and heard a great big BOOM and when i went to check out were the boom came from, I found a very huge and heavy tree branch the size of 3feet wide and eight feet long had fallen from one of our very old maple trees in the back of the house  right where I had just been cutting the grass right under hat maple tree where the branch fell and where I heard my mothers scream in my head, like she was trying to warn me.

As for me, a few years before my mom passed, and I was still doing my own thing going to church but also going to pagan or occult gatherings, I had just come back from England in august2001 when I  had a dream of walking in new York city and looking up to see a plane flying so very low next to the sky scrappers. I was perplexed to see how low the plane was flying especially in the city and so near the buildings. and then later in September 2001, their was the 9/11 crash in New York city.

I returned seriously to the Lord after my Achilles "freek"accident in the fall of 2002, and got rid of all my occult, divination books,cards, worldly music. I burnt the books and got rid of the music in the garbage. After doing this I felt a sudden weight leaving me and a peace come over me.   But even so, I did experience the things I experienced after my mom passed away in 20o3.

Since then I have been continuing to grow in the Lord but I have had in those years certain dreams that were king of for warnings in my life of things to come. Like for instance in the fall of 2015 and early January, February of 2016 I began dreaming of my uncle and where he lives. but in the dream my uncles place was his place but not his actual place it was his home in my dream and his place was filled with very bright light and all was very white.  Then in February I began to think more and more of my uncle and began also to experience pain in my front upper legs. My uncle who lives far from me, did not let on that he was ill and in May 10 2016 my uncle passed. They told me later that he had very bad circulation in his legs and that they in February had to amputate a toe and wanted to amputate his leg, but my uncle refused and then died.

Recently this spring I had another dream, ( that I will not mention for now) I do not know if that dream was from God or the devil.  I have rebuked the dream in the name of Christ Jesus . Part of the dream did occur and another has yet to happen .

So are my dreams coming from the devil? or are they coming from God? or are some from satan and others from God?  I believe that even christian believers can get dreams that come from the evil side as well as from God. And the best thing to do is rebuke them in the blood name of our Lord and Savior Christ Jesus when you sens they are evil.

Do I have a spirit of divination hovering around me? I have prayed to God to remove any spirit of divination, if there are any in or around me. I believe in Christ Jesus  and His power to overcome any attacks from the devil and his demons. God has equipped us with His word as our armor of defense. Ephesians ch6. To be effective we must put on the armor of God daily.

Also, Yes I believe we can be christian and still have familiar spirits hovering around us until we get delivered from them. "Ask and you shall receive, knock and the door will be opened." but also God can warn us of certain things in dreams

Because my mother once went to a soothsayer in her teenage years, and then giving the number of a soothsayer that her secretary gave her to give me and from wicth I then went to, perhaps these spirits attached themselves to me also?

I know that through the years I have let go of the things of the world, I have repented over much and have been healed from divers spiritual strongholds.

I know that writing all this, I will be coming off  to some as crazy,  but I know in my life experience  that yes there is a spiritual world with a good side and a bad side to it.  I have experienced certain things that have proven that to me this. So I am not afraid because I have chosen to walk with Christ Jesus and follow Him and His Word.

I also believe in deliverance ministries, the things they say, I can relate to very much because I have experienced them. Dr. Pat holiday is someone who has a good way of explaining these things, you can google her name and listen to some of her talks.

Here is one of her talk that hers you can listen to where she talks about self deliverance.

from youtube its title is the following:

The Spirit of Self rejection - Dr Pat Holliday - blogtalkradio

Edited by 1to3
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

On 9/11/2019 at 11:20 PM, Jo Ash said:

My question is: why are dreams complex, difficult to understand? And who do one meet for clarification?

I spent several yrs studying dreams and I finally formed an opinion on them. I know that not everyone will agree and that's quite alright. I think we do agree that dreams that are messages from God are rare so it's all the other dreams I'm concerned with, specifically why they are confusing. The images we see in dreams come from our minds as well as things we saw in reality, usually in the last 3 days. Dreams have a purpose and the main purpose is to keep us asleep. While we're awake we use any number of mental defense mechanisms to keep certain ideas and emotions out of consciousness. When we're sleeping these defense mechanisms don't work so our mind creates unique and bizarre images to keep the true thought out of the mind.

Here's an oversimplified example. Let us assume you're a good person and you also see yourself as a good person. You don't kill, cheat, lie nor do you steal. If you to do one of those things you'd put yourself into a conflict which would have tremendous anxiety. Now suppose yesterday was super hot and you were walking through a parking lot. No one else was around only you. Just then you noticed some guy's wallet was on the seat and it had several hundred dollars in it. You get the idea to steal the wallet but you don't because you see yourself as a good person. So you did the right thing but you had briefly considered doing the wrong thing. You're glad you didn't steal the wallet but you sure could have used that money. But while you're awake you keep the conflict at bay. But when you go to sleep you have a very confusing dream. In the dream the wallet might have taken the form of a child asking you for help. (this is bc part of you wanted to steal the money) By making the wallet appear as a child asking you for help then you wouldn't be doing anything wrong in lifting him from the car. If the dream ends right there it was successful in keeping you asleep.         But let's say you lifted the child from  the car and as you walk away the small child suddenly turns into a monster. You drop the monster but he starts biting your leg. So decide to run but the child/monster keeps up with you. Now the dream in unsuccessful bc you wake up. But what happened. The monster was your conscience which was punishing you by biting you. In my example here I gave you a very strict conscience bc even by letting go of the wallet/child/monster the monster didn't fade away. You woke up.

This is why dreams are so confusing, the images represent other things which we don't want to admit to ourselves.  

If you do seek out a person to help you analyze your dreams Please do not go to any kind of spiritualist. Usually you need someone trained in psychology not the mystic arts.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  1.00

On 9/11/2019 at 5:20 PM, Jo Ash said:

Dreams (not all) are messages from God. Repeatedly, in the bible God through dreams passed messages to and directed His people.

You are correct, that dreams are an message from God, how many times I have dreamed I was falling as a child, or trying to run away from some dangerous situation and my feet were lead, ...I woke up terrified, covered in sweat, my heart was pounding, ...but my body was sleeping, at rest, ...so what is the message in these dreams, ...that man is more than his mortal body, he is a spirit with a soul that lives in a mortal body and one day the body will die and the spirit/soul will go to one of two different places, ...to be eternally with God in Heaven, or to be absent from God eternally in outer darkness, burning in a lake of fire, ...isn't that the point of Nebuchadnezzar's dream, ...he was terrified and called for someone to interpret his dream, ...but he didn't take to heart and believe the interpretation so he continued on in his prideful arrogance until God broke him and he lived with the cattle eating grass for 7 years, ...until God restored his mind and he understood his mortal state and turned to God for Salvation. 

Lord bless   

• Thumbs Up 1

1to3, I'll maintain waiting on God. Its the wise path to take. There are so many Wolves in sheep's clothings out there these days. 

JustPassingThru, I'm going to no one for help. If God can't help me then no one can.  

The subject of dreams  have many ways of viewing it, and they are all credible to some extend. I understand that.

I am only concern about my dreams because, if they are from God then, they are given for a purpose. God don't just do things. He is a purposeful God. 

I don't want to fail God. I want to serve His purpose, if He has a role for me in it.  

Edited by Jo Ash
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  875
  • Content Per Day:  0.41

In my opinion, God sent me two dreams in my entire life. They both were positive. Life affirming. I knew He sent them because He was there. 

• Thumbs Up 1