IGNORED

How can it be?

Could a person who is not a real believer still go ahead and make a career in the Church? I ask because as i grow i can tell. I know who is a true Christian through their behaviour towards others. Some people in authority in church are unapproachable. They focus on efficiency and structure of worship but i could never go to them and talk of my problems. They seem to love the position they hold, directing glory to themselves. As if the career path is far more important than any caring for others. They are the opposite of inspiring. They seem to be going through the motions without the heart being involved. Their eyes are cold. So why be there in the first place? 

A step further. Could it be the devil uses and deludes such people to infiltrate the churches and thus introduce disharmony and chaos? 

Do i sound paranoid? It's that i feel i can tell. Extreme examples are priests who are found to have abused children. Using the garb and authority of position in religion. 

Can anyone understand what i am saying? If the person leading worship is not truly a believer, how do you deal with them apart from just leaving that church? Prayer is my way. 

Edited by Melinda12

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

I have spoken to 2 different pastors who no longer believed but also didnt want to lose their job. 

That I think is what it comes down to. They treat it like a job instead of service to the Lord and believers.  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

20 minutes ago, Melinda12 said:

Could a person who is not a real believer still go ahead and make a career in the Church? I ask because as i grow i can tell. I know who is a true Christian through their behaviour towards others. Some people in authority in church are unapproachable. They focus on efficiency and structure of worship but i could never go to them and talk of my problems. They seem to love the position they hold, directing glory to themselves. As if the career path is far more important than any caring for others. They are the opposite of inspiring. They seem to be going through the motions without the heart being involved. Their eyes are cold. So why be there in the first place? 

A step further. Could it be the devil uses and deludes such people to infiltrate the churches and thus introduce disharmony and chaos? 

Do i sound paranoid? It's that i feel i can tell. Extreme examples are priests who are found to have abused children. Using the garb and authority of position in religion. 

Can anyone understand what i am saying? If the person leading worship is not truly a believer, how do you deal with them apart from just leaving that church? Prayer is my way. 

Yes, they can. There are pretend believers all through the Church. I know of a youth pastor who was living with his girlfriend. 

• Oy Vey! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Melinda12 said:

Some people in authority in church are unapproachable. They focus on efficiency and structure of worship but i could never go to them and talk of my problems. They seem to love the position they hold, directing glory to themselves. As if the career path is far more important than any caring for others.

But this you have, that you hate the deeds of the Nicolaitans, which I also hate - Revelation 2:6

Thus you also have those who hold the doctrine of the Nicolaitans, which thing I hate. - Revelation 2:15

The Nicolaitans were those who lorded it over the saints (Nico - victory, Laos - people). They are still with us today, forgetting what the Lord told us that whoever wants to be the greatest, should be the least and servant of all.

Love & Shalom

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  237
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,773
  • Content Per Day:  3.24
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

1 hour ago, Melinda12 said:

3Jn 1:9 I wrote unto the ekklesia: but Diotrephes, who loves to have the preeminence among them, receives us not.

Professional clergy in unscriptural religious hierarchies preside over spiritually stunted passive pew sitters whom they control with pagan programs that often include robes, rituals, and repetitive readings. I never tire of warning against it.   

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

Most , if not all churches have religious phonies in them that can not be identified. They got the act down too well. They are called “ Tares”. Angels know who they are and will come someday to separate “ the wheat from the tares .

• Thumbs Up 2

• Topic Count:  763
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,897
  • Content Per Day:  3.09

I have some relatives who are pastors, some are very very rich whose son own a business enterprise, when u need a little help from them, they will give u the yeast of the Pharisees. If they ever help me with love the earth will break in two.

Edited by R. Hartono

• Topic Count:  763
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,897
  • Content Per Day:  3.09

1 minute ago, R. Hartono said:

Wrong post

Edited by R. Hartono

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,381
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0

It's absolutely possible for unbelievers and hypocrites to enter the church and hold positions. It's been so since very early on. A thing to remember is that the Pharisees were the religious leaders and teachers of their day, and they don't paint a good picture of leadership at all.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,602
  • Content Per Day:  4.02
  • Days Won:  21

2 hours ago, Melinda12 said:

Just because you are paranoid does not mean they are not out to get you.

It is a sad thing this. But from the get-go the church was mostly antisemitic and the doctrines reflect this.

For my part, I see that any 'system' preached after about 150 AD is suspect. There are exceptions, like William Booth and Smith Wigglesworth; they are the exception because regardless of doctrines, God chose them and purposed them for His Glory.

Occasionally you will see someone chosen by the Lord, but sadly the pulpit-pulp is a placeholder and should be treated as such. Ask yourself; 'why do I go to church?'. Is it for 'fuzzies', or camaraderie? Is it for interest and teaching? Too many expect pastors and teachers with their half-hour allotted talk-time to be able to offset a week's worth of worldly living. Not going to happen.

What you need has to be self-learned by study. Do not expect someone else to feed you. You are old enough now to feed yourself.

• Brilliant! 1