How can it be?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,010
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,205
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

Some clergy just go into that field as a career.   They don't understand because they have never really been born again.   I knew a pastor who was converted as he studied for his doctorate!   He was converted in the classroom, suddenly, out of the blue!   Just like that....he was a good pastor, I liked his sermons.

flower-carnation-card-tag-religious-template.jpg.44f2541f5cfd4112d536c8191d0f96c0.jpg

AntiqueImages/blogspot

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Days Won:  1

There are men who make men pastors, ...and then there is Jesus through the Holy Spirit who anoints men with the ministry of pastor-teacher:

And He (Jesus) gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers Eph 4:11

As for the mystery of the seven stars that you saw in My right hand, and the seven golden lampstands, the seven stars are the angels (pastors) of the seven churches, and the seven lampstands are the seven churches.  Rev 1:20

Lord bless

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  897
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,621
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

Happens all the time. Atheists teach in seminary.

And the curriculum include such humanist / satanic

doctrines as higher and lower biblical criticism.

Deutero / Trito Isaiah**, for one.

The Jesus seminar (where scholars who are products of this indoctrination voted on verses in the Bible

if Jesus really said this or that).

But century after century Christians turn a blind eye and a deaf ear to it all.

** Based purely on the same type of scholarship as that of the more contemporary Jesus seminar, 

mere mortal men voted on whether or not the Holy Spirit inspired the prophet Isaiah to predict something

in the future supernaturally.. so they concocted a doctrine that successive generations of the "school of Isaiah"

must have added to the texts splitting the book of Isaiah into two and three based solely on their unbelief in

supernaturalism.  Thank fully, Chuck Missler pointed out the Lord Jesus Christ quoted Isaiah on either side of

that man made division and attributed both to that same Isaiah:

John 12:36–40 (AV)
36 While ye have light, believe in the light, that ye may be the children of light. These things spake Jesus, and departed, and did hide himself from them.
37 But though he had done so many miracles before them, yet they believed not on him:
38 That the saying of Esaias the prophet might be fulfilled, which he spake, Lord, who hath believed our report? and to whom hath the arm of the Lord been revealed?
39 Therefore they could not believe, because that Esaias said again,
40 He hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them.

I wish I had known this when I attended seminary (for a brief time until I discovered the humanist / satanist infiltration there).

Edited by JohnD

20 hours ago, Justin Adams said:

Just because you are paranoid does not mean they are not out to get you.

It is a sad thing this. But from the get-go the church was mostly antisemitic and the doctrines reflect this.

For my part, I see that any 'system' preached after about 150 AD is suspect. There are exceptions, like William Booth and Smith Wigglesworth; they are the exception because regardless of doctrines, God chose them and purposed them for His Glory.

Occasionally you will see someone chosen by the Lord, but sadly the pulpit-pulp is a placeholder and should be treated as such. Ask yourself; 'why do I go to church?'. Is it for 'fuzzies', or camaraderie? Is it for interest and teaching? Too many expect pastors and teachers with their half-hour allotted talk-time to be able to offset a week's worth of worldly living. Not going to happen.

What you need has to be self-learned by study. Do not expect someone else to feed you. You are old enough now to feed yourself.

Hi

Oh i take full charge of my own study and growth. But i want fellowship with true believers. From church i want that joy and to supplement my own faith and knowledge. 

I just get so disillusioned and fed up of people who just show off and glory themselves due to positions of authority. They never miss an opportunity to make sure everyone knows about their good works. I need to ignore the nonsense and focus on Jesus Christ and scripture. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

On 9/12/2019 at 3:40 PM, Melinda12 said:

Could a person who is not a real believer still go ahead and make a career in the Church? I ask because as i grow i can tell. I know who is a true Christian through their behaviour towards others. Some people in authority in church are unapproachable. They focus on efficiency and structure of worship but i could never go to them and talk of my problems. They seem to love the position they hold, directing glory to themselves. As if the career path is far more important than any caring for others. They are the opposite of inspiring. They seem to be going through the motions without the heart being involved. Their eyes are cold. So why be there in the first place? 

A step further. Could it be the devil uses and deludes such people to infiltrate the churches and thus introduce disharmony and chaos? 

Do i sound paranoid? It's that i feel i can tell. Extreme examples are priests who are found to have abused children. Using the garb and authority of position in religion. 

Can anyone understand what i am saying? If the person leading worship is not truly a believer, how do you deal with them apart from just leaving that church? Prayer is my way. 

Yes.. Anyone can fake it.. A carrier in a church as a paid pastor can be a secure life financially and if you become a famous TV ""evangelist?"" you can end up living in a huge mansion and have your own private jet... So the temptation is there for ambitious unbelievers to learn all about Christianity and gain qualifications and get a place on the gravy train..