• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

38 minutes ago, Tigger56 said:

Do you hesitate to praise God and share the word of God because you do not want to offend another?

No. If they get offended by me praising God they most likely would not like me in the first place.  

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Haha 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  679
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  0

19 minutes ago, maryjayne said:

Here in the UK we have to be very careful of our choice of words and tone due to our hatespeech laws.

The United States is very much like that. God's truth is many times labeled as "hate speech", because often God's word isn't politically correct.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  667
  • Content Per Day:  0.38

4 hours ago, Tigger56 said:

I truly believe that "political correctness" is a way that darkness and evil uses to silence truth and light.

Tigger 56,

Great point.   

Jesus was not politically correct when He overturned the tables of the money changers in the temple. Jesus' stand for truth and righteousness had to come before His concern about offending someone. I look to him for courage in declaring my faith in an increasingly scary hostile world.

• 1 Peter 2:7-8, “So the honor is for you who believe, but for those who do not believe,“The stone that the builders rejected has become the cornerstone,” and “A stone of stumbling, and a rock of offense.”
  • Matthew 11:6, “And blessed is the one who is not offended by me.”
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

3 hours ago, maryjayne said:

Here in the UK we have to be very careful of our choice of words and tone due to our hatespeech laws.

Can you give an example of what would be consider hate speech in the UK?  I do not know how praising God could be consider hate speech. But then I don't get out much. 

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

This is all too true as this world has been turned over to a debased mind (Romans 1:18-32).  Why?  John 3:19 tells us why : "And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil."

I do and speak as I am moved to by His Spirit - if that gets me in trouble, so be it.

• Thumbs Up 3

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

Correctness in the secular, political realm is not the concern of Christians or the church because “our citizenship is in heaven.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  96
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  645
  • Content Per Day:  0.38

8 hours ago, Tigger56 said:

It isn't "politically correct" to state that children need to be taught the ways of Christ and praise and worship should be in our schools. It isn't "politically correct" to state that God created man and woman and that marriage was established by God, and that marriage is not to be between two men or between two women. It isn't "politically correct" to state that abortion is the greatest evil and the greatest blight against our nation.

I quit worrying about being PC as soon as I learned what it meant. The Gospel will never be PC. In my opinion any time we attempt to conflate anything about God's word with anything political, it's like oil and water. That said, I also just want to mention that I find it really scary to even harbor the thought of making public schools responsible for teaching the teachings of Christ to our children. First, it's not going to happen so it's a fools errand to even try and even if it could, how would you propose that it be administered. Should they teach Catechism since Catholics are the majority denomination or should they preach the Prosperity Gospel because they have backers who subscribe to it? Who should tell them what to teach? Bad idea I say. And for what it's worth, it's not PC when I remind folks that there are 20x more sinful 2nd marriages as same sex ones and they are just as sinful but I do it anyway because Christ taught us to teach the truth and didn't mention being PC. If you get right down to it Christ wasn't very PC in His day either so I feel I'm in good company.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.24

9 hours ago, Tigger56 said:

...I truly believe that "political correctness" is a way that darkness and evil uses to silence truth and light.

Around here, we call "Politically Correct" for what it truly is. "Satanically Correct."

In reaching out with the Gospel, I tend to remember a few of the "stranger" lost ones. Keep in mind "most" are not this way! These are only a few of many I've spoken with over the years.

I had one man who told me he was a Christian. In my mentioning "sin" his way, he tried to swing at me, with his vicious wife standing by cheering him on! :blink: I managed to stay clear, and warn them to repent of their hypocrisy and moved on while praying for them.

On another count a "nasty woman" screaming at the top of her lungs after mentioning "sin" she shouted: "I'll not be proselytized by you! What your doing is illegal!" I informed her for now it was not, and mentioned I would pray for her. I moved on as she continued yelling, getting the attention of more than a few people.

On mentioning the sin of "murder" one time towards a woman who had killed her child through abortion, she went hog wild screaming. I kept calm and tried to interject her needing to repent and believe on Jesus for forgiveness of sins over her screams, but it could not be heard. Prayed, and moved on.

When I mention the sin of "LGBT-IBP" being sexual sins that can be repented of, and forgiven by Jesus Christ, most are at least thinking. On one occasion, I did have a homosexual pull a knife on me, and a few who "if looks could kill" I'd be dead!

I would add, the above is far less persecution than in other countries, and very minimal by comparison.

Should it get to the point in the good ol' USA where speaking on sin, and sexual sins in general is illegal because of "Satanical Correctness," that is the tipping point where we as Christians should be obeying God rather than man:

Acts 5:28-29  Saying, Did not we straitly command you that ye should not teach in this name? (Jesus Christ) and, behold, ye have filled Jerusalem with your doctrine, and intend to bring this man's blood upon us. (29) Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men.

We should continue to reach out with our varying gifts given by God towards the lost, knowing the eternity of Hell that awaits them without our Savior.

Stay "blessed!" :)

Matthew 5:11-16  Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake. (12) Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you. (13) Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men. (14) Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. (15) Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. (16) Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.