runningfromsatan

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  22
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Although everyone perhaps suspects that the devil is our common enemy, hardly anyone takes Satan very seriously.

Isn't Satan our greatest and avowed enemy? Isn't he trying to drag us all down to hell at all costs? He's trying every trick in the book to destroy us spiritually, morally, physically, mentally, reducing us to mere animals that react only to instincts.

Yet, how few of us actually take serious time to study this great enemy. The best generals of past wars studied their enemies very carefully, learning every details they can find and won brilliant victories in the end. The same is true with Satan. If you don't know him very well, how on earth can you fight a highly effective battle against him? You can't. He'll slowly work on you in ways you cannot predict. He'll come to you from the least expected corners and take you out without you even realizing what had happened! 

Yes, Satan has enhanced and refined his "trade" over thousands of years and know exactly how to beat us down. As I said: know thy enemy!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  471
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,542
  • Content Per Day:  2.30
  • Days Won:  9

It's a given that we need to put on the armour of God every day. No matter how Satan attacks he will not overcome us. Study the armour. Find out how to take up the shield of faith. How to eat the helmet of home. The belt of righteousness.  And how to use the sword of the word. When I am tempted I quate the scripture my body is the temple of God. And many others I sometimes say out loud be holy for God is holy. When I get discouraged I remember my lord is coming back with my inheritance.  That's the helmet of hope. Study to show thy self approve.  

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

Satan is very powerful—- we are no match for him.....BUT...... “ greater is He that is in you than he is that is in the world”

Edited by Blood Bought 1953
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

The more we study Gods words and live by them, the easier it is to see the snares set by the enemy.  I would not spend the time studying Satan.  Instead, I would spend that time become closer to God so you will recognize when Satan is tempting you with his lies and depend on God for see you through.  Nowhere in scripture are we told to study Satan.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Brilliant! 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,272
  • Content Per Day:  1.73
  • Days Won:  0

6 hours ago, runningfromsatan said:

Although everyone perhaps suspects that the devil is our common enemy, hardly anyone takes Satan very seriously.

Isn't Satan our greatest and avowed enemy? Isn't he trying to drag us all down to hell at all costs? He's trying every trick in the book to destroy us spiritually, morally, physically, mentally, reducing us to mere animals that react only to instincts.

Yet, how few of us actually take serious time to study this great enemy. The best generals of past wars studied their enemies very carefully, learning every details they can find and won brilliant victories in the end. The same is true with Satan. If you don't know him very well, how on earth can you fight a highly effective battle against him? You can't. He'll slowly work on you in ways you cannot predict. He'll come to you from the least expected corners and take you out without you even realizing what had happened!

Yes, Satan has enhanced and refined his "trade" over thousands of years and know exactly how to beat us down. As I said: know thy enemy!

A better ider is to know God and to know ones self.

To use a Lord of the Rings illistration.

Saroman studied suron, to know his ways etc and became enslaved by him.

Know your saviour and know your own weaknesses.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,602
  • Content Per Day:  4.02
  • Days Won:  21

12 hours ago, runningfromsatan said:

The Nachash is just one of many. The word haSatan is merely a description meaning deceiver etc.

Know your enemies very well. The satan figure is credited with too much. He is a worm and like other Sons of God, will die like a man and kings will spit on him. HaSatan is king of the underworld, has been cast down to the earth AND below it. He is king of the dead and wants people to be in his kingdom.

Learn all you can. Find out about God's Divine Council and how it has worked down thru the ages. It ain't rocket science. It is all there in the scriptures for you to learn about and the ways they subvert God's Creation.

Beware 'doctrines' about the evil various fallen sons of God. They are probably wrong and you will not hear much about it from the pulpit. At least, not much that has not already been parsed by the principalities and powers (Archons).

Edited by Justin Adams

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,787
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Phil 4:6-9

6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

9 Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you.
KJV

for the obedience of Scripture is to give him no place in life, in mind, in anything...

Eph 4:27

27 Neither give place to the devil.
KJV

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,870
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I would disagree with the title of this thread.....   you don't need to know satan…..     it is important to know that he is our enemy.   The only thing we need to know "about" him is that he is very powerful, we have now power or authority over him or his realm on our own.   Not even Michael the Archangel would tangle with him on his own.     If we don't have the Holy Spirit within us we are subject to his lies and deception and worse.       That's what anyone needs to know about Satan.....   draw close to God and let the Holy Spirit deal with him...