Blood Bought 1953

Hanging on to the Law is Like Playing “ Hot Potato”

Have you ever played “ Hot Potato?”  Me neither....lol. No matter- it is not the main point of this Thread. I think you take a hot potato or hot anything for that matter, and people sit in a circle and pass the potato around while somebody plays music.When the music stops, whoever has the hot potato has to leave the excitement......

Feel free to accuse me of having “ Waaaaaay too much time on my hands “,but this occurred to me.Could it be that hanging on to the Law for a little “ safety” when God has Commanded us to REST in the Gospel and it ALONE for our Salvation be somewhat like that Child’ game?

The Law Of Moses was great . If obeyed it could bring many blessings .But The Perfection the Law symbolized could never be attained .God knew men could not keep it.It was never given with the thinking behind it that men could obey it and earn there way to Heaven.The very Law people thought could save them turned out to be a curse.It was a curse because it was “ weak”— it had NO POWER to save! All it could do was point out sin. All it could do was condemn those that trusted in it.It was revealed that the Power Of SIN was in the Law. God gave the Law so that sin might actually INCREASE— He wanted people to get their fill of sin and become sick of it.

If The Law is not the Way, why was it even given? ( apologies are in order here  for those that already understand Christianity 101)  Paul reveals that the Law was given to take us by the hand and take us to our True Destination- The Gospel Of Grace that actually has the POWER to save.We are forever DEAD to the impossible system that even Peter had to admit — he nor his fathers could keep it.

Taking into consideration all of these things, I believe that if a person hangs on to the Law as the way to be justified before God for  His or her Salvation,it’s like hanging on to that “ hot potato”. When “the music stops” and you lack 100% Faith in Jesus and His Gospel,What you thought was saving you turned out to be the thing that got you knocked out  of the game entirely.

There is an expression that has been going around for a while now. “ Pay it Forward” . I suggest that is what those who obey God and REST in the finished work of the Cross do that very thing with the Law —- Pay it Forward! Give it to somebody that needs  it—- the man whose mouth has not been “ shut up” by being blind to the True Purpose Of The Law— to show him he needs Jesus! The Law has done its job in my life and I am finished with it. God gave me something better . A new Heart and “ Christ in me”. I’m not going to be stuck with a hot potato when I die. I know plenty of people who do not have a new Heart and see no need for one.They need the Law. They are welcome to pick up the hot potato that I  threw away and learn from it- I think I am done with it.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

The Law Of Moses was great . If obeyed it could bring many blessings .But The Perfection the Law symbolized could never be attained .God knew men could not keep it.The very Law people thought could save them turned out to be a curse.It was a curse because it was “ weak”— it had NO POWER to save! All it could do was point out sin. All it could do was condemn those that trusted in it.It was revealed that the Power Of SIN was in the Law. God gave the Law so that sin might actually INCREASE— He wanted people to get their fill of sin and become sick of it.

the man whose mouth has not been “ shut up” by being blind to the True Purpose Of The Law— to show him he needs Jesus! The Law has done its job in my life and I am finished with it. God gave me something better . A new Heart and “ Christ in me”. They need the Law.

I think I am done with it.

Ever met a couple who not only have paid off their mortgague but who think the banking system for home loans is outdated and unneccesary? You and I are still struggling to make those payments yet they sit there and smugly denounce the homeloan system.

Christians are not under the law, true, but the law is still there.

Christians are not judged by there breaking of the law and we all break the law, but we go direct to Jesus for forgiveness.

smug denounceations of the law only show ignorance.

Paul wrote that we are not under the law but we still uphold it for it reveals sin.

Jesus said not one punctuation mark will be removed from the law. and that heaven and earth will pass away before the law does.

So the Christian who love Jesus, will obey Jesus and as he commanded keep the law as a mark of his love.

• Thumbs Up 1

I wonder if either of you know 'what the Will of God the Father is who is in Heaven ?

Yashua/Jesus ask that question Mat 7v21....because if we don't know or DO the Fathers Will we shall not enter his Kingdom.

It is not wise to make 'snap-decisions based on our own opinions or understanding....since all depends on what GOD wants !

Saying “ the Law is great” is a “ denounceation” in your view of things? Strange.

40 minutes ago, Who me said:

Uphold the laws for it reveals sin

Pretty much the point I was trying to make.....that’s all the LAW can do....convict one of sin.....get you to turn to the Savior who can save you.....then pass it on after it has served its purpose in your life.....leave it for somebody else to learn from it as you move on to that thing we are to cling to— the Cross, The Gospel Of Christ ....dont get caught  deluding yourself like many do—resting in a “ delusion” that they are keeping the Law and clinging to that falsehood for their Salvation.For the purpose of Salvation, and that is what I am talking about in my post, abandon it and go with Grace.Dont put one foot in Grace and the other in them Old Law Of Moses

So the Christian who love Jesus, will obey Jesus and as he commanded keep the law as a mark of his love.

Nobody “ keeps the Law” . Only Jesus could..... He figured that out a long time ago.....Bad News! The Good News is we don’t have to ......If one wants to “ obey Jesus” we do it by believing and resting in the Gospel—  NOT , as you say “ keep the Law”.  Nowhere in the Bible does it say “ well, we all KNOW we can’t really keep the Law- you just got to be willing to TRY” in order  to prove your love. The Law is Unforgiving , unbendable....it’s ALL or nothing.Why are you guys so resistent to accept the Free Grace that Jesus offers you?As I said.....” the Law is great”...... you just have to understand what is “ great” FOR! NOT Salvation. It’s Time to take it off the pedestal you have kept it on. Replace the “ weak” with that which contains POWER..GRACE !

1 hour ago, nzkev said:

To believe on the one who he sent, Jesus Christ the Lord!

And HE is the exact image of Him who is in Heaven ! Heb 1v2,3. so we can not 'do away with the Fathers Commandments !  Christians are NOT upholding them intact ....no matter what they claim, and if they don't change and convert it will be their downfall. 

The TRUE Lord is coming from Heaven to establish his Fathers Kingdom and He will NOT do so on broken Principles.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

6 minutes ago, Betha said:

And HE is the exact image of Him who is in Heaven ! Heb 1v2,3. so we can not 'do away with the Fathers Commandments !  Christians are NOT upholding them intact ....no matter what they claim, and if they don't change and convert it will be their downfall. 

The TRUE Lord is coming from Heaven to establish his Fathers Kingdom and He will NOT do so on broken Principles.

Whats his name? is it this Jesus

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Edited by nzkev
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 2

1 hour ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

The “ will of the Father “  is easy to know . “ Believe in the One He sent”.  Not a snap- decision.....  not an opinion...its John 6:40.......... “ The Will Of My Father is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in Him shall have Eternal life......”

As I said....the Son He sent is the 'express image of the Father....and He did not come to abolish the law/Commandments which are spiritual and eternal Rom 7;  Ex 31v16, 17.

Any man who 'turns TO the Lord will believe GOD's foundational Principles....for He did not come to abolish them.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, nzkev said:

Whats his name? is it this Jesus

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

As you well know we can not only rely on ONE scripture alone when there are more references to a theme/subject. We know that the name 'Jesus' has been adopted by many FALSE christs who teach error and deception Mat 24v4,5. and we can not believe them without IDENTIFYING THEM.  So we need to look closer at His resurrection and not run with what is given to us by a PAGAN CHURCH.which  teach error  and lies. We have to study SCRIPTURE to find the Truth and the TRUE JESUS !whom I call Yashua for the sake of identification ...different from  the false gentile/roman jesus..1Cor 15v3,4. We need to  know according to scripture when God raised him from the dead , if we don't....we are following an imposter USING HIS NAME and the above quote does not apply or save us.