• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,017
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,296
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

3 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

AGT is the only show I watch......mainly news and PBS....I would hate to have choose between the girl opera singer or the comedian on AGT....

Yes, I also watch news and sometimes PBS.   I watch a little of NHK, a Japanese station with good, interesting programming.

If the operatic 10 year old doesn't win, I also like the acrobatic dance group from the slums of India.   I thought the teenager who played  classical guitar should have been in the finals....he was fantastic!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,563
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

16 hours ago, Debp said:

like the acrobatic dance group

Sounds like  reeaaally reeeaaaally big shoouuw! Plus ladies and gentlemen an appearance by  Topo Gigio.

-Memories of Ed Sullivan- Bring on the plate on a stick spinners, can't get enough of them.:D

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

There really seems to be a dearth Of plate spinners these days........  sigh...........

• Haha 2

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

18 minutes ago, Heather2019 said:

My house is rooting for Kodi Lee.  A young man who has autism, who is blind, and can play the piano (and sing) with such talent on a stage in front of so many people amazes me :)

From last week's broadcast, it looked like the acrobats from India, and the African American choir are up for the next round of competition. I missed most of the season due to a cable dispute with NBC and CBS. Hopefully, in my new flat I will have a better line in for viewing. Overall everything will be better there, I just can't drive my 2016 Ford Fiesta anymore. So, I'll be around 24/7. I've been told they take trips to the zoo and other field trips. 

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.19
  • Days Won:  194

On 9/13/2019 at 11:24 PM, Sower said:

you are bringing strangers into your home, with their own agendas/worldviews.

@Sower :thumbsup:Well said. This is an interesting way to look at it. And so true. Thanks for posting it.

My favorite 'go-to verse' about viewing habits (ranging from what you watch to what you read/pictures in magazines) is Psalms 101:3

“I will set no wicked thing before mine eyes: I hate the work of them that turn aside; it shall not cleave to me.” 

I agree with our brother King David in that scripture. An ounce of prevention is better than a pound of cure. If we don't bother watching (or reading/looking at) junk in the first place, we won't have to deal with the fallout (of images we'll regret later. OR the need to deprogram our minds from the world's corrupt agendas/worldviews.) 

I think of it as what has been described as "garbage in/garbage out." What we see/hear is bound to affect us to some degree. Our minds are like a computer taking in data and filing it away to access later.

This was captured well in the lyrics of a song especially for children, but applies to all people. It is called "Input/Output (The Computer Song.)

I will be posting the words into a separate thread I'm starting...called Lyrics that pack a punch (songs with messages that matter.) I hope some of you will visit and enter hard hitting/important lyrics from Christian songs you know in it. :)GBU. 

• Thumbs Up 3
  • This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,017
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,296
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

4 hours ago, Heather2019 said:

My house is rooting for Kodi Lee.  A young man who has autism, who is blind, and can play the piano (and sing) with such talent on a stage in front of so many people amazes me :)

Yes, he is quite amazing!   And he has an excellent voice!   And to play the piano like he does while blind!

Remember his family saying before he started singing, etc, he wouldn't even like to be touched.   Now he lets his family hug him.   

Jesus_and_Children011.jpg.b9b6470cb777f06ebc1d029e174fc4d7.jpg

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,563
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Edward R Murrow told us of the evil decades ago calling TV the opiate of the people, warning that TV will rob many of interest in doing anything, instead ( will be)  just sitting pretty much adhered to a spot in front of it.

I do remember the first channel clicker and audible bell tone ringer from the  Zenith TV maker and thinking as the channels could be clicked without getting up that this could be addictive just sit and click. Course half the noises of passing cars also set off the channel selector and the tv would change channels- all what was it, four of them?

Opiate of the people- and the programming, well it doesn't even have to exist anymore. There aren't any real programs just time fillers and rather sick minded ten second spots, twenty to thirty of them that run back to back to back selling stuff and trying to convince me that  I can have a perpetual capacity.

Ha yeah sure. The tension that watching non programming and all those ten second spots makes me leave and wander the kitchen, and guess what? - I eat something, anything.

Three weeks in the woods with no tv, I lost 17 pounds without trying.

Pull the plug on all tv including Apple TV, Netflix, Hulu, is my personal goal. Almost wish my Rays will get eliminated from the playoffs so that I can cancel cable now. But that is the one weakness that is left to conquer in our household. The idol of Major League Baseball. I had it beat years ago when they went on strike I went on  a permanent strike from it.  Somehow it revived after many  many years and we both watch  and follow the Rays.  A very unproductive time filler that destroys opportunity to be engaged in real activity.

While without tv my eyes  adjusted to reading again - books those quaint multi paged binders full of information. What a delight they are, whether the Bible, commentaries, the  stories of real life and of application of God's word, and generations of histories, all at my own pace! I can read, let my mind engage or even wander too.  I wander to what if's.  And- I sleep the sleep of a young child complete with dreams.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  1,214
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  0

one thing i find it frustrating is TVs these days are saturated with reality tv. when i just want a really good scripted show.

recently i am rewatching some Dexter DVDs. and i am really blown away by how good scripted shows are compares with reality crap they put out now days.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

2 minutes ago, Equippers said:

one thing i find it frustrating is TVs these days are saturated with reality tv. when i just want a really good scripted show.

I wholeheartedly agree. They are deplorable in a lot of ways, and not usually immoral at all. No swearing that can be recalled in most of them, and nothing overtly suggested either. It's just that reality programs aren't very realistic. It's as convincing as watching wrestling, and I find that absolutely ridiculous. No one could possibly survive that many injuries, and then go on to the off-mat dramas included. What brilliant entertainment. 

• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

The best TV show is when it explodes having received some 00 buckshot.

• Haha 1