• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

9 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

whatever became of the quality shows that one could enjoy without being embarrassed by the inanity of them?

I enjoyed "The Beverly Hillbillies". It got crazier as it went till about 1969, and had two spin-offs as well. "Petticoat Junction" and "Green Acres". Arnold the talking pig was probably the most intelligent one of them all. 

• Haha 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  5

the Beverly Hillbilly’s was HUGE in its day......saw the pilot episode a few months ago and to my surprise, it was actually funny........go figure.....lol

I LOVE  Green Acres to this day......silly but smart-silly....right up my alley

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,014
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,274
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

13 hours ago, Kristin said:

I used to watch tv. It ruined me I’m sure. I don’t know if internet is better? I think not. 

TV and the Internet are the same.   It all depends on what you watch on TV or the Internet.   (I don't watch everything on TV.)

Although alot of people are condemning TV, there is much evil and danger on the internet....but I don't see anyone throwing away their computers! :)

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,525
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

1 hour ago, Debp said:

TV and the Internet are the same.   It all depends on what you watch on TV or the Internet.   (I don't watch everything on TV.)

Although alot of people are condemning TV, there is much evil and danger on the internet....but I don't see anyone throwing away their computers! :)

Well maybe not quite the same, not yet anyway. A monitor screen is a monitor screen. It is what fills it that  may either harm  or enlighten the mind and spirit. Books  are capable of doing the same.

What  is sinister about cable tv programming is it seeks to promote that which is  of the little antichrists of today. It both steals time and fills it. It takes away that which is good,  pleasant, and Godly,  replacing it with the macabre. Criminal perversions and even autopsies become entertainment. From there the un-reality shows become further  debauchery to be "researched"  and chatted about.  Anything but Christ Jesus is amen-ed.

The internet is of course a tool for furthering that which is vileness to the spirit, but for the most part  it is still under the control of the user of it -For now anyway. I do foresee a rapidly coming compulsory  attendance  before monitors, whether cellphones, tablets, or smart eyeglasses, to be indoctrinated daily by that which is evil.

Individuals are buying the equipment  already, happily inviting Google into their home, and apple into their home, buying equipment that will rule your dwelling for you, first as a fascinating convenience, but soon as a tool of the little antichrists of Governing entities. Not necessarily  national governments but instead causes ( Global warming, etc.) world wide causes that will soon be stronger that  national government. Even now, sit down with  one or two people, ask a question and at least one of the people will pull out their cell phone and do an internet search for the answer. Conversation becomes one long trivia search. The mind does not think and process, it just "googles" and those insidiously vile ads and temptations pop up on screen; see this now! do that!, people in your immediate area that know are getting this!....

Click on one of those enticements and the cookies get dropped plus the e-mail gets polluted. Soon it will become compulsory to respond or lose use of the device. Then it will also become necessary to have the device to travel a road. and there will be limits placed upon how far from home territory one is allowed to roam.

All the time this technology for control is sought out by individuals that must have the latest and presumed to be the greatest "conveniences". Discernment wanes, much of the population of this earth buys and watches passively what will soon control most everyone.

Yet there is still a brght glimmer of good about, including Worthy Christian Forums!

Maranatha!

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Debp said:

I don't see anyone throwing away their computers! :)

I use Bing for more than an alternate browser to using Google Chrome. It gives me a good source of daily news. For instance, on Saturday at some unknown time, an asteroid passed into the orbital space of our planet earth. According to scientists, it was somewhat in more massive that the world's tallest building. Pretty interesting tidbit of information, I've yet to check on any potential video footage on that.

Oh, and over the weekend someone stole an 18k gold toilet once belonging to Sir Winston Churchill. The thief, a 67 year old man was apparently caught with it while attempting to 'flush' the evidence. I guess you could say he was compromised with his pants down? Anyway, the toilet was apparently worth billions. What a way to go! 

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

On 9/13/2019 at 9:54 AM, Melinda12 said:

Oh this one is much much worse. It's people naked, deciding whether to date. Appalling.

10 yrs ago I had cable for awhile and I remember a show like this. I also remember seeing Naked & Afraid and then in 1 episode the woman was bitten by a very nasty insect. She had to be flown to an ER where they determined she'd suffer from nerve damage the rest of her life. Crazy.

I thought this was going to be about shows like Supernatural or the new show starting next week called "Evil". Just from watching the commercials for Evil I can feel the pull of an evil spirit. I felt that same pull from the show called "Lucifer" that I only watched once. I won't be surprised if people who watch "Evil" soon find they have strange supernatural things happening to them.

TV really has become 90% trash so I watch as little as possible.

12 minutes ago, JTC said:

10 yrs ago I had cable for awhile and I remember a show like this. I also remember seeing Naked & Afraid and then in 1 episode the woman was bitten by a very nasty insect. She had to be flown to an ER where they determined she'd suffer from nerve damage the rest of her life. Crazy.

Repost. 

On 9/13/2019 at 6:46 AM, BeauJangles said:

We have cable here in this weird facility of the aged. Four Christian stations, one Mormon, yeah they have their own, and currently 7 of the 48 channels are out. Nice. It's geared toward Seniors by the commercials that get aired, and the programming is dated back 5-1o years maybe. That is except for the news stations. They do broadcast a series on one of the documentary channels called, "Naked and Afraid".

It's a survivalist program, and people live for so many days on whatever life exists in remote areas of the world. Edible plants, insects, reptiles, amphibians, fish and game. Pretty atrocious by the blips of commercial previews, where men and women romp in the wilderness with nary on, and essentials are digitally softened so not to be too graphic. Buttocks aren't censored though. Pass quickly to another station. Channels for old people, really?  

Edited by BeauJangles

4 hours ago, JTC said:

I thought this was going to be about shows like Supernatural or the new show starting next week called "Evil". Just from watching the commercials for Evil I can feel the pull of an evil spirit. I felt that same pull from the show called "Lucifer" that I only watched once. I won't be surprised if people who watch "Evil" soon find they have strange supernatural things happening to them.

TV really has become 90% trash so I watch as little as possible.

Me too! I can sense evil emanating from such programmes. The grip evil has on people. They think it is a bit of fun. It is not.